GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,197
3 members and 1,194 guests
3DGator, FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 03-01-2018, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizababe1 View Post
I rushed during FMR 2017 and did spring recruitment for the one sorority offering it this season. I didn't get too far either time, but it was probably because I wasn't very active on campus freshman year (various health issues and depression hit me like a freight train!!) and didn't know many sisters. Mea culpa, I'm improving

I know some sororities have separate quotas for upperclassmen. I got very sad after learning I'd been released during FMR because I thought I'd definitely not have a chance as a junior, but then I did some research and found that some of our sororities pledged juniors and even seniors during FMR!! Is there a way to know if my campus houses have upperclassman quotas?
My top picks are KKG and Delta Gamma, but I'm not SUPER picky, as in, I won't suicide during prefs, or self-release if neither picks me. Also, I know some TriDelt alums I can get recommendations from
Call and ask your Greek Life office. Be aware that even if a organization HAS an upperclassman quota option, they may or may not choose to take advantage of it. Pledging juniors can be tricky & difficult. On some campi, those junior slots are given strictly to very close friends of active members.

And I would suggest that you drop the "my top picks" language. That will lead to another unsuccessful rush.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I use "top picks" in the lightest sense. They were just the sororities I seemed to click most with during my brief time at FMR
Old 03-02-2018, 06:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Doesn't matter--just don't say things like that. You loved them all and have no preferences. End of story.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Reminder: you went through FR, only met a few of the members in the chapters for a very brief time at the open house rounds. You didn't get past that first round, where you start to meet more members and engage in more in depth conversations. You may also be basing your opinion on what you've seen in your time on campus. That's human nature.

It's been written here before: the actives are skilled at making conversation and making everyone feel welcome, as well as making themselves desirable. It's a fact. So basing your opinion on "clicking" isn't particularly helpful, as you truly don't have enough on which to base any sort of opinion. Unless, of course, you've been spending a lot of time at any chapter as an invited guest, or have good friends who are already members (which, I gather, is not the case; you haven't mentioned any of those connections).

My greatest concern, after reading the multiple threads you've started, is that you're looking outward for what may be missing on the inside. One of my panhellenic sisters already addressed this in another thread. Instead of focusing on "what do they want and how can I make myself into that?" your energies would be better focused on yourself. There's nothing more attractive than a confident, happy person. I get the depression, you've referenced that several times. Sincerely hope you have that well in hand.

Good luck to you. I mean it!
Old 03-07-2018, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I think I was just paranoid about getting released so early.