GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,360
1 members and 1,359 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-12-2011, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Formal Recruitment UCSD

I was just wondering if anyone knew how competitive formal recruitment is at UCSD for a senior. I want to rush next fall and I'll have senior status next year but I will also have 2 more years at UCSD. There are some sororities that do spring recruitment but I have been told to wait until Fall to get the chance to see what the other sororities are like. Would I need a letter of recommendation? Please let me know if you need more information, such as what sororities I'm interested in or anything else! Any information would be appreciated!

Last edited by AlwaysInLA; 03-12-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Extra info
Old 03-12-2011, 08:19 PM

I would think that if you are a senior going into formal recruitment, you should be "interested" in all of them. An open mind is important.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysInLA View Post
I was just wondering if anyone knew how competitive formal recruitment is at UCSD for a senior. I want to rush next fall and I'll have senior status next year but I will also have 2 more years at UCSD. There are some sororities that do spring recruitment but I have been told to wait until Fall to get the chance to see what the other sororities are like. Would I need a letter of recommendation? Please let me know if you need more information, such as what sororities I'm interested in or anything else! Any information would be appreciated!
UCSD isn't known for cut-throat recruitments. Having said that, rushing as a senior is going to be extremly tough just about anywhere (it's not unknown for seniors to get bids, but it's rare.) I would go ahead and do spring recruitment because the sororities that are rushing in spring are also (in most cases) going to be the ones who are more likely to be interested in you as a second semester junior or a senior. It would also give you a chance to shine in a more relaxed environment.

You may have two years left (and you should certainly mention that) but you will still have senior status next year.

Check the recs thread -- I don't think that recs are necessary for UCSD, but they never hurt.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I would think that if you are a senior going into formal recruitment, you should be "interested" in all of them. An open mind is important.
I don't mean to be close minded but I did look at the websites of all the sororities in my school and one of the sororities philanthropy really stood out to me and it just really peaked my interest.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysInLA View Post
I don't mean to be close minded but I did look at the websites of all the sororities in my school and one of the sororities philanthropy really stood out to me and it just really peaked my interest.
You mean piqued your interest.

That's great if the philanthropy stood out to you, but what if you dislike all the girls in the sorority, or they all dislike you? Your love of the philanthropy isn't going to make that better and it isn't going to get you a bid either. If it's a cause you feel that strongly about, support it on your own.

Keep an open mind to ALL the sororities.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

oh my. bad spelling sorry!
Old 03-13-2011, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Recs are definitely not required or typical at UCSD, but in your situation - as a senior and all - they wouldn't hurt.