GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,276
0 members and 1,276 guests
No Members online

Old 09-14-2018, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
Could’ve been different at some point, I reckon.

TriDDDeltgirl, anytime you wanna give us more story, I’m here for it!

Crimsonettes:
Let me count the ways that the Crimsonettes are perfect. The Crimsonettes have inspired sonnets, long stanzas of praise, and many serenades from lovestruck men. I’d heard the praises of Crimsonettes obsessed DD4 for days and all of a sudden, she didn’t like them. She thought they were unfair and mean.

Big Al:
“I made a big mistake.” DD4 admitted to us later “they’re really really nice and I feel bad because I treated them badly.”, it was like a lightbulb had gone off over DD4’s head, she wasn’t set on Big Al, but she’d promised to treat them better and that’s what counted.

Crimson and White:
DD4 finally took Grandma’s heed about nationals and really looked and C&W was still top in her heart but she didn’t want Nationals to slam down on the sorority’s chapter while she was still in it. She wanted to be able to work on herself without the fear of being expelled for small things and she was worried about grades during freshman year and realized that she should probably not join C&W.

Homecoming:
She decided to ignore everything else about homecoming and focus on their philanthropy. Helping kids? She loves kids. Helping sick kids? Even better, DD4 loves feeling needed and like she’s making a difference.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Love it! What a change of heart from your daughter! Any indication as to what prompted her coming to her senses?
Old 09-14-2018, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyGirl35 View Post
Love it! What a change of heart from your daughter! Any indication as to what prompted her coming to her senses?
DD3 allowed dad to unblock DD4’s number and they made up and DD4 was assured that she’d always be welcome at Arizona. Even though neither would admit it, they were each other’s first friend and they’ve never not shared a room. And so DD4 decided to take the houses she had and run with them.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
This is not "Bryant Denney's" first rodeo at Alabama. It's their third iteration, according to IrishPipes: 1932-43, 1988-95, and the current recolonization. Not that the persnickety PNM would think anything of it!
We're all very happy to see them return!
Oh, but Bryant Denney is NOT that chapter, as the one above hasn’t started their recolonization. It’s the newest chapter (not colony) back at Bama. You can figure it out if you look in the ... mirror.

The Nick Saban comments confuse me. The 1st day they were too Southern, the 2nd day they weren’t Southern enough. Pretty sure I know what chapter it is, and the coincidence of the name has to be accidental.

As for Homecoming, I like to think “they” have the awesome colors of the Waffle House and how can it not be Southern enough if the Founding Chapter and HQ are in Southern States?

For the last round descriptions, did we lose Houndstooth and Crimson Tide or did DD4 not describe in detail?
Old 09-14-2018, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyGirl35 View Post
Unfortunately, someone else will need to play Grandma since Dixie Carter (aka Julia Sugarbaker) passed away awhile ago.
Remembering back to our DDD "famous sister" and glamour boards, Dixie Carter was a Tri Delta!!!
Old 09-14-2018, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Oh, but Bryant Denney is NOT that chapter, as the one above hasn’t started their recolonization. It’s the newest chapter (not colony) back at Bama. You can figure it out if you look in the ... mirror.

The Nick Saban comments confuse me. The 1st day they were too Southern, the 2nd day they weren’t Southern enough. Pretty sure I know what chapter it is, and the coincidence of the name has to be accidental.

As for Homecoming, I like to think “they” have the awesome colors of the Waffle House and how can it not be Southern enough if the Founding Chapter and HQ are in Southern States?

For the last round descriptions, did we lose Houndstooth and Crimson Tide or did DD4 not describe in detail?
I’m writing those at the moment! I’d love to see your chart!
Old 09-14-2018, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I was guessing that Bryant Denney is the chapter that has not yet recolonized but previewed in first rounds only.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOne View Post
I was guessing that Bryant Denney is the chapter that has not yet recolonized but previewed in first rounds only.
Yes, they’re doing personal visits now.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I guessed Southern Charm might be AOII because colors are the same as Bama? We really only have cardinal red, but we use white too.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Every chapter was included, not just those participating in full recruitment. The numbers didn’t match up without including Sigma Kappa—even SDT was included! The newest “not colony” group is clearly not Bryant Denney, just based on the discussion about a certain decor element that was had last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIILisa View Post
I guessed Southern Charm might be AOII because colors are the same as Bama? We really only have cardinal red, but we use white too.
That was also my guess for that one, because it’s really the only one whose colors fit well enough with UA’s.

Glad to hear DD4 had a change of heart about Big Al and Homecoming. Homecoming’s philanthropy is a worthy cause, indeed! (And, not that they don’t all have worthy philanthropies, but this is assuming that I’m right about who Homecoming is. Those McDonald’s colors are pretty distinctive.)

Last edited by unarose; 09-14-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think it's on purpose - Nick's daughter was a Phi Mu at Alabama and since TriDDDeltagirl wrote about them as the "top house" I think that's who they are. My understanding is that Phi Mu is considered a top house and recruits heavily among Alabama and Deep South girls, hence the Southern references. I know Texas kids are enrolling at many SEC schools in huge numbers, so perhaps that's where the Texas reference came in.

Could be wrong, of course, but given Nick's daughter being a member, I immediately thought of Phi Mu. Whatever the case, I LOVE the names she gave each house!
Old 09-14-2018, 02:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I am taking advantage of the boss being off and FINALLY reading this thread and loving it
Old 09-14-2018, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMS View Post
Could be wrong, of course, but given Nick's daughter being a member, I immediately thought of Phi Mu. Whatever the case, I LOVE the names she gave each house!
Nick Saban's daughter, Kristin, is no longer a Phi Mu. After her assault against another member, I thought they, shall we say, parted ways.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi4Ever View Post
I have a feeling I know who Crimson and Tide is.
Yup, so do I...
Glad I have my own office at work so I can read and giggle over this thread without folks thinking I done lost my ever loving mind
Old 09-14-2018, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

His wife is a Phi Mu.