GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,277
2 members and 1,275 guests
acg233, naraht

Old 07-25-2005, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Disappointed

This was inappropriate and to much of an "epic".

Last edited by unfaltering; 07-31-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay... I guess I will be the one to respond to this.

Welcome to the Delta forum on Greekchat! At the top of the forum you will see a thread entitled A Torch to Guide You. It lays out the Rules for the forums and the topics that can be discussed. Please review it. Amongst other things it states:

"A few housekeeping items: THERE WILL BE NO MORE DISCUSSION OF ANYTHING REMOTELY RELATING TO MEMBERSHIP ON THIS BOARD. If you don't get what you need to know from the National website, chapter website or Deltas you know personally, don't look for information here. "

No one here can possibly begin to speculate about your experience with my sorors on your campus and no one can you tell you why they made the decisions they made other than them. This is not the type of information you can be provided anonymously on a website. The Delta women of Greekchat are unable to help you with these kinds of questions.

Many of my sorors experienced rejection before they had the honor of crossing the sands into Deltaland. You are not the first to be rejected nor will you be the last. No one can really tell you why they did or did not make it as the outsider trying to look in and I am sure that is not the kind of information my sorors would discuss about another candidate on a website. What you should know is that the question of whether you will reach your desired destination rests, in part, on your willingness to continue your pursuit.

What the Lord has for you, it is for you. If that includes Delta has yet to be seen. The only question you should really expend your energy seeking the answer to is whether Delta is for you. Whatever the answer may be, best of luck on your future endeavors!

**Soror Moderator, was that all right? Did I miss anything?**
Old 07-25-2005, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimmie1913

SPECTACULAR JOB!!!!

Old 07-25-2005, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't want to know any top secret info I just wanted to hear about other peoples experiences and some obstacles they may have faced. I read the rules. I didn't need to know anything about membership, everything I should already know as a known member, I know. I didn't need anyone to explain why what happened, happened because I already know. I just want to hear about other peoples experiences, that's it. Is that ok.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Do a search...

Quote:
Originally posted by unfaltering
I didn't want to know any top secret info I just wanted to hear about other peoples experiences and some obstacles they may have faced. I read the rules. I didn't need to know anything about membership, everything I should already know as a known member, I know. I didn't need anyone to explain why what happened, happened because I already know. I just want to hear about other peoples experiences, that's it. Is that ok.
Try the advice shared in the "Sisterfriends turned members" thread. The entire thread is very positive.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Disappointed

Quote:
Originally posted by unfaltering
That was last year. I was mad that time and still get kind of hot when I think about it but I know everything happens for a reason. I am still set on becoming a Delta because I know, without a doubt, that I have many great things to offer this sorority. So my question is has anyone else or anyone you know every experianced any thing like this or have any of you had to try more then once to gain membership?

P.S.
sorry it's so long
I do know of someone who was in your situation. She's not a Delta but pledged grad and is excelling in her sorority, probably more than she ever would have in the undergrad chapter.

It's different in college. A lot of times the girls can't see past the petty things that affect them to see the larger sisterhood. Also because it's such a small community they are VERY picky about who they allow into their family, therefore jealousy can keep you out multiple times. Thinking about this, realize it's probably for the best that you didn't make it because it would have been awkward.

Since you really don't have any other choice now, pursue alumnae membership and I hope to see you in the sisterfriends who made it thread soon.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimmie1913
Okay... I guess I will be the one to respond to this.

Welcome to the Delta forum on Greekchat! At the top of the forum you will see a thread entitled A Torch to Guide You. It lays out the Rules for the forums and the topics that can be discussed. Please review it. Amongst other things it states:

"A few housekeeping items: THERE WILL BE NO MORE DISCUSSION OF ANYTHING REMOTELY RELATING TO MEMBERSHIP ON THIS BOARD. If you don't get what you need to know from the National website, chapter website or Deltas you know personally, don't look for information here. "

No one here can possibly begin to speculate about your experience with my sorors on your campus and no one can you tell you why they made the decisions they made other than them. This is not the type of information you can be provided anonymously on a website. The Delta women of Greekchat are unable to help you with these kinds of questions.

Many of my sorors experienced rejection before they had the honor of crossing the sands into Deltaland. You are not the first to be rejected nor will you be the last. No one can really tell you why they did or did not make it as the outsider trying to look in and I am sure that is not the kind of information my sorors would discuss about another candidate on a website. What you should know is that the question of whether you will reach your desired destination rests, in part, on your willingness to continue your pursuit.

What the Lord has for you, it is for you. If that includes Delta has yet to be seen. The only question you should really expend your energy seeking the answer to is whether Delta is for you. Whatever the answer may be, best of luck on your future endeavors!

oops, sorry. I forgot abut that.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I will say that I was the middle of three generations of Deltas. All three of us--Mom, me, and my daught had to try two times before we made it. My mom ended up joining through an alumnae chapter. Just remember there is always time, Delta isn't going an anywhere. Good luck!
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

unfaltering,

I know of quite a few people who know exactly how you feel, myself included. I stand on the following scripture: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" -Ecclesiastes 3:1

Check your PM box