GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,583
0 members and 2,583 guests
No Members online

Old 11-15-2009, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADPi Conniebama View Post
Alpha Omicron Pi – Funny thing about AOPi is that for a few days after I pledged ADPi I was telling people that I was an AOPi, cause I hadn’t learned anything yet. Oh and I like and respect the reason behind why ya’ll don’t have a crest.
This is the funniest thing I've heard in awhile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pialpha92 View Post
Alpha Omicron Pi – totally biased of course, but my favorite thing about AOII is that our ritual has not changed since 1897. I’ve even seen a founder’s handwritten copy of our ritual – which was pretty inspiring. Of course, I also love the badge and all it symbolizes.
I'm so jealous! How did you get to see Stella's original?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA85 View Post
LOVE this thread! Bumping it tonight and I'm going to come back and post my 26 tomorrow when I'm more awake and can actually process information!
Thanks for bumping...I thought I'd read all of these posts, but I guess I hadn't.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-16-2009, 05:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Chi Omega: I was really touched by the first line of their Symphony.."To see beauty even in the common things of life." We should all do that more often.

Alpha Delta Pi: I like that the stages of membership are labeled with their letters. Not-yet-initiated members= Alphas, Collegians = Deltas.

Alpha Epsilon Phi: The reasoning behind the giraffe as their mascot is touching.

Alpha Gamma Delta: I'm so impressed by the vision "Inspire the Woman. Impact the World." To-the-point and means so much.

Alpha Omicron Pi:I like that their website gives a mini-bio on each of the 4 founders, crediting each of them for specific traits that they brought to AOII.

Alpha Phi: They are the only group [that I know of, anyway] to have a constellation as a symbol and that's pretty neat. No matter where in the world your sisters are, your symbol can be seen, theoretically, byall of them.

Alpha Sigma Alpha: I'm such a fan of all the symbols...I have been pretty into the idea of a phoenix as a mascot ever since I saw it used within Phi Sigma Phi, but also the color palm green for "Victory & immortality", the core values, and the flowers.

Alpha Sigma Tau: I like their colors, emerald green & gold. They also happen to be my college's colors

Alpha Xi Delta: I love that they have 20 badge designs to choose from, first of all. I also love their new philanthropy, Autism Speaks!

[[As an aside, I have now spent a full hour on this and I'm only through 9 of 26.....this could take a significant amount of time....]]

Chi Omega: Part of their Symphony: "...to speak kindly, to act sincerely, to choose thoughtfully..." really got to me.

Delta Delta Delta: Their partnership with St. Jude is just incredible to me. The fact that they have done so much that they are recognized there and were given their own floor... not only is that great for them, but they really gave Greek Life some good PR in general. According to Wiki: "The month of March has now also been designated as St. Jude / Tri Delta month."

Delta Gamma: "Do Good." Love it.

Delta Phi Epsilon: The list of notable alumnae on the Wiki page is pretty great.

Delta Zeta: I love the story of their founding. The new president of the university in 1902 not only changed Miami University's male-only rule, but then aided the 6 founders in the creation of DZ, including helping them prepare a ritual, a badge, and choose the sorority colors.

Gamma Phi Beta: I love the symbol of the crescent moon, for the same reason I appreciate Alpha Phi's constellation.

Kappa Alpha Theta: They are the only other NPC org to use Θ. [I would love to know if it means to them what it means to us...not that I'm asking...just a thought that crossed my mind]. Extensive list of notable alums. Love that their philanthropy is CASA!

Kappa Delta: I really like their motto: "Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest."

Kappa Kappa Gamma: One of my best friends from 4th grade through high school joined KKG and her love for it is what made me decide to join a sorority. [My University doesn't have KKG or else we may have ended up sisters]! I like the "Why Kappa?" section of the website where it says "Kappa Kappa Gamma sustains members in bad times, celebrates in good times and shares at all times." That's beautiful. Also, when my friend got married a couple years ago, I got to meet a bunch of her sisters at the wedding/reception and I can honestly say that every single one of them was classy and carried herself well.

Phi Mu: They have a very beautiful Creed and I love their philanthropy (Children's Miracle Network). [Another aside: a friend of mine was just voted in as Chapter President at her school on Sunday!! YAY!!]

Phi Sigma Sigma: Very well done webpage. I like that they are "Dedicated to the twin ideals of promoting the brotherhood of mankind and alleviation of the world’s pain."

Pi Beta Phi: I LOOOVE Pi Phi's colors. The crest is gorgeous and I love the explanation the website gives for the flower as it translates to the aspects of Pi Phi membership. Basically, all of their symbols are amazing.

Sigma Delta Tau: GREAT philanthropy! Also, they have a very unique jewel and beautiful badge.

Sigma Kappa: It's kind of neat that they originally capped chapter membership at 25, so there were 3 chapters at one school (A, B, and Γ at Colby College). Colby banned Greek orgs, making the oldest survivable chapter Delta, which I believe is still open.

[[3 more to go and 3 hours into it!! I just keep wanting to learn more about each sorority!]]

Sigma Sigma Sigma: I love their badge & new member badge and I like the idea of "ever forward."

Theta Phi Alpha: And here is where my bias chimes in!! I'll try to keep it concise but a few of my favorite things about Theta Phi are:
The motto- "Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring."
The creed- my personal favorite line is "Wisdom in each deed and plan".
The tagline- "Ever Loyal, Ever Lasting" which is typically superimposed on 4 connected chain links. <3
And the last thing I'll mention....our most recent past national president, Mari Ann Callais, is quite possibly one of the most influential people I have ever had the honor of meeting personally. She travels to schools and speaks to fraternity and sorority members about various topics, and one of the things she teaches is that you should "Live Your Ritual" every single day, which is just a remarkable sentiment that means so much, but is so different to each member of a GLO.

Zeta Tau Alpha : Fabulous philanthropy, beautiful colors, I love the crown hand sign, and great website. The chain of chapters is a great idea, and I like the story about their patron goddess, Themis.

It took me 3 1/2 hours, but I did it!!!

Θ Φ Α

Old 11-17-2009, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I just did this whole thing and then it erased itself.. I'll do it tomorrow
Old 11-17-2009, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayafruit View Post
I just did this whole thing and then it erased itself.. I'll do it tomorrow
I did mine in Gmail so that it auto-saved what I had every few words, and then I just copied and pasted.
If you're up for typing it all again, I suggest you go with that method so that way nothing ends up lost!

Θ Φ Α

Old 11-17-2009, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA85 View Post
I did mine in Gmail so that it auto-saved what I had every few words, and then I just copied and pasted.
If you're up for typing it all again, I suggest you go with that method so that way nothing ends up lost!
Yeah, I wrote it in Word this time. Okay, here it goes again.

Alpha Chi Omega- I love their symphony and “Together let us seek the heights.” Is a great open motto.

Alpha Delta Pi- Their flower is really pretty, The Adelphean Society was a really cool name to have, and I adore their badge.

Alpha Epsilon Phi- I really like that their philanthropy helps AIDS research. I love their mascot and flower.

Alpha Gamma Delta- Their jewel is a pearl and “Inspire the Woman. Impact the World” is a great vision.

Alpha Omicron Pi- Their values are close to ours, their website is so awesome, and I think this is really neat: for the new member pin, “The binding together of wheat into a sheaf in the new member pin represents individuals bound by the common bond of Alpha Omicron Pi.”

Alpha Phi- I know an Alpha Phi and she’s really, really nice. I like that they have a 50 year pin and their flower is lily of the valley.

Alpha Sigma Alpha- I’m biased because it’s mine, but I love the creed and our 4 colors.

Alpha Sigma Tau- “The purpose of Alpha Sigma Tau is to promote the ethical, cultural, and social development of its members.” I really like this purpose.

Alpha Xi Delta- “Inspiring women to realize their potential.” Is their vision, which is very awesome to hear because I believe in potential.

Chi Omega- Their mascot is the owl and I love their flower.

Delta Delta Delta- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is such a good cause. They also have a really cool badge, the stars and crescent badge, for initiated members.

Delta Gamma- I think this is neat “More than 100 Delta Gamma collegiate chapters host Anchor Splash® to raise awareness and funds for the Foundation.”

Delta Phi Epsilon- I love their pearl program!

Delta Zeta- I think the fact that it was founded among a male dominated campus is interesting.
Gamma Phi Beta- I love their flower, symbol, and crest.

Kappa Alpha Theta- I never knew this! “Kappa Alpha Theta was founded in 1870 as the first Greek-letter fraternity for women.”

Kappa Delta- I love how they have examples of how they live their values

Kappa Kappa Gamma – I love their jewel because “The sapphire is recognized as a symbol of truth, sincerity and constancy.”

Phi Mu- I love how wonderful and genuine the creed is.

Phi Sigma Sigma- I love this mission. “To inspire the personal development of each sister and perpetuate the advancement of womanhood.”

Pi Beta Phi- I love the meaning behind the wine carnation as their flower.

Sigma Delta Tau- I love their badge, flower, and purpose

Sigma Kappa- I know one and she is so cool. I love their dove and motto.

Sigma Sigma Sigma- Vision statement: Sigma Sigma Sigma inspires exceptional life long learning and friendships.

Theta Phi Alpha- I love that their symbol is a compass, and “Our mascot, the penguin, was chosen in the 1980s because it is the symbol of friendship.” Is so nice.

Zeta Tau Alpha- I love “Seek the noblest” and that they support Breast Cancer Awareness.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I really enjoyed reading these so I felt obligated to do one of my own!

Alpha Chi Omega - I love that their philanthropy is domestic violence prevention! I think sororities in general should try to get more involved in womens issues.

Alpha Delta Pi - I love love love their flower, its gorgeous. Also, an ADPi chapter on my old campus was struggling but they still had a very strong sisterhood in spite of numbers and social perception. That's admirable.

Alpha Epsilon Phi - I love the open motto "Multa corda, una causa" and the giraffe!

Alpha Gamma Delta - I've known a few very sweet AGDs! I like how specific their flowers are ("A red and buff rose with green asparagus plumosa fern") and that we have a shared jewel!

Alpha Omicron Pi - Love the ruby!

Alpha Phi - Alpha Phi is amazing to me because it linked one of my best friends from grade school, whom I had lost contact with, with one of my best friends from high school. They joined the same chapter! I just think that's the coolest thing. I also like the use of ivy.

Alpha Sigma Alpha - I could go on forever with everything I love about this sorority! I love how sweet everyone at nationals is, how much symbolism and meaning we carry, our history, and especially my sisters.

Alpha Sigma Tau - I think their colors are cute and love the association with Habitat for Humanity.

Alpha Xi Delta - I really like their unique pin.

Chi Omega - I love their strong southern tradition. I like that they have a site just for new members!

Delta Delta Delta - I love how easily recognizable the tri-delt name is almost anywhere in this country. I like the pin but it kind of scares me.... to people accidentally poke themselves all the time??

Delta Gamma - A good friend of mine is a DG on another campus, and she really seems to love her sisters and her organization!! I really like the aesthetics of their letters too.

Delta Phi Epsilon - I love purple irises. Pretty much anything purple is awesome.

Delta Zeta - I like that their website has a "visual standards" section with all their logos and everything easily accessible. Nothing is worse than when your letters or logos are butchered by some tshirt or graphic designer.

Gamma Phi Beta - I've always liked GPhiB. Girls are great, I love the pink and brown, and I think their letters just flow together well.

Kappa Alpha Theta - I love that they are easily recognizable as just "Theta". I think that's indicative of a strong history and national presence.

Kappa Delta - Cool crest! Also on my old campus they were a really strong chapter and sweet girls as well. Farmville love!!!!!!!

Kappa Kappa Gamma - Love their badge and their flower, both are gorgeous.

Phi Mu - All the pink is cute...

Phi Sigma Sigma - I like that their website has some of their key policies prominently featured.

Pi Beta Phi - I've never met a Pi Phi I didn't love!! They all have a great committment to their sisterhood as well as their philanthropy. They all seem to value lifelong membership as well.

Sigma Delta Tau - They were founded very close to my birthday!! I love Women for Women as well.

Sigma Kappa - My aunt and a good friend from college are Sigma Kappas!! I really like their new member pin, very unique.

Sigma Sigma Sigma - I love that their website has an interactive timeline!! And Farmville love!!

Theta Phi Alpha - I really like that they have specific badges for certain offices, and the white rose.

Zeta Tau Alpha - Farmville love!! I work with a ZTA alum and she has so many great stories about her collegiate and alum years. I like that their website has music!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I should preface this to say that my school only had three women's fraternities: Kappa, Theta, and DG. Thus I don't know many women in the rest other than what I noted below, so my opinions are based on GC and general research. And I started this back in November! Finally finished today and getting this out there.

Alpha Chi Omega: I'm partial to the "object" badges, and the lyre makes a beautiful badge. It's a bit different from the other objects I think, and that makes it special. I suppose I interpret it as harmony, from the musical aspect. Many notes, building a beatiful sisterhood. Your brand "Real. Strong. Women." is striking and honest. I like it. Oh, and way to find a way to be first alphabetically among the NPC! I'm sure that was on at the top your founders' minds when selecting it

Alpha Delta Pi: First women's society to later become a GLO, deserving of the "First. Finest. Forever." tagline. And Alphie the lion is fierce but cute!

Alpha Epsilon Phi: The giraffe is such a cool and different mascot, and I like the meaning behind it- big heart, stands above the crowd. Such a great message and in of itself says a lot about the organization. Your badge is also the only NPC badge that has your letters side by side, rather than stacked or superimposed on another object.

Alpha Gamma Delta: First and foremost, squirrels are such a great mascot! I learned recently (thanks, GC!) that AGD's national philanthropy is dedicated to juvenile diabetes awareness and research. I thank you for taking this up; my husband was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago so this really hits close to home. It doesn't always get as much attention as other major medical causes, but is quite scary to be diagnosed with and live with. And a final note, the only AGD I know IRL is one of my favorite former coworkers, who is a great representative for your org.

Alpha Omicron Pi: It's so unique that you only have one official color. When I first saw the sheaf of wheat as a symbol, my young collegiate mind didn't get it. But it has really grown on me and I think it's such a great symbol! Especially in considering the harvest, which in many cultures around the world is one of the most celebrated times of the year with the fruits of labor, bounty, etc. And I absolutely love your badge, there are seemingly infinite combinations which makes each one unique.

Alpha Phi: First, I love that you pronounce it "Fee" instead of "Fie". It sounds so nice together, especially because Phi comes at the end of your name. Also great about your Phi is that you have a regular and lazy Phi. And I didn't realize that you have a constellation! What a great way to get to a mascot, too (the bear).

Alpha Sigma Alpha: You have four private mottos and a four-fold objective, which is pretty darn cool. Not to mention four colors (two primary/two secondary), two jewels, and two flowers (one spring/one fall). I get the impression you don't do anything partway! I also love the ladybug as a symbol.

Alpha Sigma Tau: I really like your creed. I think it's cool that each type of badge is reserved for a specific purpose: plain and pearl for initiated members, ruby points for national staff members, emerald points for national council, and diamond points for national presidents.

Alpha Xi Delta: I love your new double blue badge option. And the different colony pin is really nice, especially since it's similar to the new member pin but has the added chain around it. And two bears, Al Fuzzie and BetXi Bear- so cute! Not to mention historical ties with Kappa.

Chi Omega: I think your letters look really bold and confident which apparently is what you were going for, because until researching for this thread I had no idea they were chosen by shuffling Greek letters on the floor! It's very cool that you have a website for new members- what a great idea! I spent way too long going through that site. And I recently figured out that my dog's name (Kaio) sounds like Chi-O. Took me 4 years to figure that one out, but I guarantee you I won't soon forget it!

Delta Delta Delta: I love Tri Delta's symbols. The moon/stars, the dolphin, the colors- all really beautiful, and even moreso because the symbols & ritual were all decided upon founding. And the Delta is such a maleable letter, in a good way- the new member pin is so cool looking even though it only has one (repeated) letter/shape.

Delta Gamma: Although DG was one of the three chapters at my school, I hadn't heard the term Do Good until GC. I think it's a great open motto (or tagline?) that is so simple yet means so much. The Anchor is a really distinctive badge, although until DG I didn't know it represented hope. Hope, Do Good- how can you go wrong?

Delta Phi Epsilon: You were started by law students, the only NPC founded at a professional school. Your motto is really striking: Esse Quam Videri - “to be rather than to seem to be”.

Delta Zeta: I love the Roman lamp as your badge, on a pillar with wings. So much symbolism wrapped up in one small badge! The pink & green go well together, and turtles are so cute as mascots!

Gamma Phi Beta: Way to coin the term "sorority". I mean, really, how many groups (Greek or otherwise) can take credit for creating a word that later becomes so mainstream most people don't know it wasn't always there? Way cool. And although I don't know the significance behind the "mode", I think the pink & brown are very complimentary. Oh- and the Badge Trends thread really highlighted how versatile your badge can be. I love both the antique chased badge in there as well as the two tone, just gorgeous.

Kappa Alpha Theta: Kite & Key, Theta & Kappa are often joined for social events and the like. Some of the most incredible women I know are Thetas, and they were initially my first choice going through recruitment. My personal impression based on Thetas I know is that Theta is a classy sorority with a touch of the girl-next-door mentality. And kudos to you for saying NO! to being a mascot and forming the first Greek letter fraternity for women.

Kappa Delta: Having limited exposure to KD, The Blind Side really showcased one of your members and the organization in a fantastic light. Go KD! Besides having fantastic GC KDs, I also like the symbolism on the website regarding "Making great things happen" and "Live GREAT". Oh! And apparently my state's governor is a KD. KD just screams leadership to me.

Kappa Kappa Gamma: Trying not to be overly biased… the key as a badge is beautiful and recognizable, and Kappa has somehow managed to be one of the most recognizable names. I don't know quite how they did it, but it's certainly a lesson for branding professionals everywhere. Not sure if that was intentional or just happened along the way.

Phi Mu: The quatrefoil is such an interesting shape, and you elevated it to another level with the overlapping hearts. Such a great symbol with subtly bold symbolism.

Phi Sigma Sigma: Founding as non-sectarian is fantastic. With the symbolism, I was fascinated with ancient Egypt throughout high school and it was one of the reasons I majored in anthropology. I'm sure Phi Sig's symbols would've weighed into my impressions had they been on my campus.

Pi Beta Phi: Go Monmouth duo! I wonder if Kappa's founding would have been different had IC Sorosis not paved the way for women's orgs at Monmouth. These particular Greek letters look really great together, and I think it's interesting that they're in a fairly different script on your badge than many other GLOs.

Sigma Delta Tau: I have heard some fantastic stories about how inclusive SDT is regarding religion, and how they will do what is necessary to accommodate their members in that respect. I also really like the torch as a symbol & badge- such great symbolism for lighting the path forward.

Sigma Kappa: Another former coworker, a woman who I truly respect and look up to, is a SK. She's the closest thing I've had to a mentor- SK gets major points in my book for recruiting her. I also like that SK's philanthropies are a little different, which means they can really benefit from an organization's support (gerontology & Alzheimer's, Inherit the Earth).

Sigma Sigma Sigma: I think it's really interesting that Sigma appears to primarily be in small-mid sized schools. I think it's great that expansion has had such a focused approach, and says something about the sisterhood you're building. The indented badge is also really interesting, and your new member pin is just plain cool.

Theta Phi Alpha: I'll admit this is the one I knew least about. I absolutely love the penguin mascot- how fun is that! I also think it makes a great statement that you identified the importance of alumnae support while you were founding the org, rather than later.

Zeta Tau Alpha: I think it's great that your nickname is both the first letter/word AND the initials of your organization. Not sure if that was done purposefully when the name was chosen, but I think it's awesome. I also love the Zeta colors of teal and silver. Very pretty. And every time I go into Hallmark I think of Zeta!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

What a great idea!

Alpha Chi Omega - I absolutely love the music connection. the "first and last" idea is wonderful too.

Alpha Delta Pi - I love their charity. What a great cause.

Alpha Epsilon Phi - Giraffe mascot?! AMAZING!

Alpha Gamma Delta - I have a friend who is an AGD and her room is covered in squirrel everything, and I'm completely jealous.

Alpha Omicron Pi - I love that their coat of arms is a rose! It's so simple and elegant.

Alpha Phi - I'm biased... my best friend is an APhi. They have such a great philanthropy that makes a difference in so many lives. Love that they have the big dipper on their coat of arms too!

Alpha Sigma Alpha - I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone that supports the Special Olympics. Also, "Dot the Ladybug" mascot is precious.

Alpha Sigma Tau - I've actually never heard of this sorority, but after reading their story about how they were founded I have a lot of respect for these ladies!

Alpha Xi Delta - Beautiful coat of arms! I love that they support Autism Speaks and that Betsey Johnson was a sister!

Chi Omega - I think that their letters look great together. Also, an owl is such a cute mascot!

Delta Delta Delta - I'm VERY biased. I love everything.

Delta Gamma - The anchor/nautical theme is so cute. When I visited DG during recruitment I met so many great girls.

Delta Phi Epsilon - Unicorn mascot?! AWESOME!

Delta Zeta - Beautiful badges, great founders story.

Gamma Phi Beta - One of my closest friends is a GPhi and I love how their letters sound together! They flow so well. I love the moon symbol and their colors too.

Kappa Alpha Theta - The sorority I love the most after DDD. My Grandma and a bunch of my cousins are all Thetas! It's my absolute favorite sorority name - I think the letters sound great together and love the kite.

Kappa Delta - They have so many causes to support! White roses are beautiful as well.

Kappa Kappa Gamma - Another sorority very close to my heart. My 'second mom' is a Kappa and she was the person who influenced me to go through recruitment in the first place. I love their colors too!

Phi Mu - Such a cute name! The colors are adorable.

Phi Sigma Sigma - I think the Egyptian roots are incredible!

Pi Beta Phi - Great colors and I love the 'angel' motif. I had their songs stuck in my head for weeks after rush.

Sigma Delta Tau - Lapis lazuli?! Such a beautiful gem!

Sigma Kappa - Stupid reason: I love their symbols.

Sigma Sigma Sigma - If they had a chapter at my school, I would have been so interested! Purple is my favorite color and I love the Tri letters (obviously)! Plus, the sailboat is such a wonderful symbol and has such a deep meeting.

Theta Phi Alpha - The compass is a great symbol both for life and the sorority.

Zeta Tau Alpha - I'm also biased here. One of my best friends is a ZTA and I love so much about it! Great colors, and the crown is a lovely way to represent your sisters!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAlamb View Post

Delta Delta Delta - I love how easily recognizable the tri-delt name is almost anywhere in this country. I like the pin but it kind of scares me.... to people accidentally poke themselves all the time??
Yes. Hahaha. Well not ALL the time. But its not as sharp as it looks and the majority of the pictures dont show the stopper that comes with it.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Chi Omega - Their symphony is similar to our Purpose, beautiful!
Alpha Delta Pi - If I wasn't an Alpha Gam, I probably would have gone Pi. Great girls on my campus! Ronald McDonald House is a great charity
Alpha Epsilon Phi - Green's my favourite colour and we share the pearl!
Alpha Gamma Delta - I'm an Alpha Gam through and through, I love my Alpha Gam chums! Everything about us means that world to me!!
Alpha Omicron Pi - I think it's awesome that each chapter picks it's sub-motto/letters!
Alpha Phi - Syracuse triad!
Alpha Sigma Alpha - Again, their Creed is close to the Purpose, I love it!
Alpha Sigma Tau - I think it's great that their foundation sets specific philanthropic goals
Alpha Xi Delta - Fantastic motto: The pen is mightier than the sword
Chi Omega - Before GC, I had never heard of Chi Omega in my life, but I think it's awesome that their alumnae network is that huge
Delta Delta Delta - There is a song about their pin stabbing "too-friendly" men. One of the greatest things I've ever heard
Delta Gamma - They have their own rose, that's fantastic
Delta Phi Epsilon - A UNICORN. Where's the bad????
Delta Zeta - I love turtles, it's a great animal. And a great philanthropy to have!
Gamma Phi Beta - Triad love! I also love how constant their badge has been over time, and the fact that Tiffany's voted it the most beautiful.
Kappa Alpha Theta - I like that scholarship is also extremely important to them
Kappa Delta - Emerald is my favourite jewel, so that's great!
Kappa Kappa Gamma - I love that their coat-of-arms has so many elements, including Athena.
Phi Mu - "Sir Fidel" An awesome name for an awesome lion.
Phi Sigma Sigma - Egyptian symbol- very interesting!
Pi Beta Phi - I love their new member pin!
Sigma Delta Tau - I love the combination of their colours!
Sigma Kappa - I like that their philanthropy works with the environment
Sigma Sigma Sigma - "Faithful until death" I love their motto
Theta Phi Alpha - I'm Catholic, this is one of my favourite NPC groups!
Zeta Tau Alpha - I love their symbol, the five pointed crown!

Last edited by ColdInCanada11; 03-10-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 03-10-2010, 07:29 AM
GreekChat Member

ColdinCanada - just to clarify your G Phi B point - While the badge was designed by Tiffany's, I don't believe they designated it "most beautiful" - I think that honour was bestowed by poll/survey.

And of course, we all know that the most beautiful badge is YOURS.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Of course, I love my Alpha Gamma Delta badge more than any piece of jewellery I own! So meaningful . I like how similar they are

ETA: I read on wikipedia (though who knows if its true) that Tiffany's voted Gamma Phi Beta's badge the most beautiful. Being an Audrey fan, I appreciated it

Last edited by ColdInCanada11; 03-10-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: ETA
Old 03-10-2010, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll take it! Wikipedia rules!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
Delta Delta Delta - There is a song about their pin stabbing "too-friendly" men. One of the greatest things I've ever heard
Yes! It is one of my favorite songs too! It is called My Trusty Trident!

MY TRUSTY TRIDENT
(Tune: My Darling Clementine)
On a dark night in a parked car sat a sweet and lovely miss
With a fella, what a fella, wanted more than just a kiss
As he grabbed her 'round the middle his intentions were quite plain
As he touched her he enclutched her then he shouted out in pain.
He said "You stabbed me!" She said "You grabbed me! Don't you know you'll never win.
For every Tri Delt, every Tri Delt has a weapon for a pin."
My Trusty Trident, my trusty trident is much safer than a gun.
Safe and silent, my trusty Trident, with it no man's ever won.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDlady View Post
Yes! It is one of my favorite songs too! It is called My Trusty Trident!

MY TRUSTY TRIDENT
(Tune: My Darling Clementine)
On a dark night in a parked car sat a sweet and lovely miss
With a fella, what a fella, wanted more than just a kiss
As he grabbed her 'round the middle his intentions were quite plain
As he touched her he enclutched her then he shouted out in pain.
He said "You stabbed me!" She said "You grabbed me! Don't you know you'll never win.
For every Tri Delt, every Tri Delt has a weapon for a pin."
My Trusty Trident, my trusty trident is much safer than a gun.
Safe and silent, my trusty Trident, with it no man's ever won.
Just wondering, is that song sung a lot? I know if I was a DDD, I would sing it every chance I got!