GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,131
2 members and 1,129 guests
FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 10-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Banned

Every once and a while we get an email claiming that our emails are jacked up so we need to send them our passwords and other account info to get the emails back together.

The real IT Department always catches this before idiots can send these con artists their passwords, etc. You don't need to send passwords, credit card info, or anything else to real IT for your company or school.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Not Nigeria per sey but watch out for this scam:

Um, I live in California and as of this day, have never traveled to NYC (that may change in a week). Oh yeah. I own a motorcycle.

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 07-30-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Bump
Old 07-16-2012, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

There have been two different Nigerian brides on episodes of Say Yes to the Dress, and they both had outrageous budgets. I couldn't help but wonder both times if they got their money by some illegal means.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

The lastest scam going around is to hack someones email and then send everyone on their contact list an email posing as the hackee saying that they were mugged while traveling abroad and asking them to wire money to help get home. It was featured on Nightline last week. Last week, one of my colleagues at work got this email claiming to be from a former coworker. That she might be abroad was plausible but it had holes like asking for money to be sent to Western Union to pay for medical bills in a country with socialized medicine under a name different than the hackee and asking for less than a ticket home would cost. Still, we had to remind my coworker that he didnt have extra money to be sending.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I may have said this in this thread already, but that was a common scam on Facebook chat too. My cousin's account was compromised and I got a FB chat message from her saying "hi" on Christmas Eve. She told me she was in London and was stranded there. I sent her a text right away because I knew my cousin wasn't stranded in London on Christmas Eve.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

I'm such a winner!

BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT
ROCKVIEW, ARKANSAS. 49812
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Dear Winner,
This is to inform you that you have been selected for a prize of a brand new 2012 Mobel BMW 7 Series Car and a Check of $500,000.00usd from international programs held on the 1st section 2013 in the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA.
The selection process was carried out through random selection in ourcomputerized email selection system (ESS) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world which you were selected.
The BMW Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).
To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact our fiduciary claims department for more information as regards procedures to claim
your prize.
Name: Mr. Benjamin Salmon
Email: removed
Contact by providing him with your secret pin code Number BMW:2551256003/23. You are also advised to provide him with the Under listed information as soon as possible:
1. Name in full. 2. Address.
3. Nationality. 4. Age.
5. Occupation. 6. Phone/Fax.
7. Present Country. 8. Email address.
9. pin code Number BMW:2551256003/23
Mr. Richard Lankford
THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS
BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 04-14-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

This cracks me up.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/119838685.html
Best of Craigslist
Nigerian Scammer Payback
I posted this story on Craigslist months ago and everyone thought it was brilliant! I’m posting it again for your entertainment. I love fucking with Nigerian scammers sending them on a wild goose chase. I have yet to get one sucker to take a picture of their self and send it to me. Something tells me that will be very simple. I posted a room available for rent on Craigslist for $750/month.
Starring:
Me = Justin Credible and Ms. Bea Haven
Nigerian Scammer = “Love Sandra”

love Sandra love_sandra_05 wrote:

Hello,
how are you doing today hope all is well with you, now i want to
let you know that i have tell my company that i have
saw a room but is $750dollars and them said that
they will issue you a check of $4950 dollars, so as
soon as you receive the check and cash it you will
take your own money there which is $750 dollars and
send the balanec to me, so that i will use it to pay
for my ticket, i need it urgent .
Becasue the wedding will be comeing up soon.
This is all i needed from you so that my company
will send the check for you immediatley.
Your full name
Your cantcat address
Your country code and name.
Your telephone number.

Please i will like you to send this now so that i
will forward it to my company okay.
Looking forward to hear from you now.
Thanks and god bless you.
Love Sandra

Justin Credible wrote:

Yes, thank you for your interest Ms. Love Sandra, please send a security deposit and one month’s rent ($750 + $750 = $1500) to:
Justin Credible
6969 Melrose Place
Los Angeles, CA 90046

Thank you,

Justin

love sandra love_sandra_05 wrote:

Hello justin,
How are you doing today hope all is well with you? now i want to let you know that my company have send the check $4950 to you okay and all i want you to be doing is this you will be checking your (mail box)evry day because the check will be deleive trough (US MAIL) okay so you have to be checking you mail box evry day okay.
looking forward to hear from you soon.
thanks and god bless you.
love sandra

Two weeks later…

Justin Credible wrote:

Hello Love Sandra,
I wanted to inform you that I have received the check for $4950 made payable to me Justin Credible from qchex.com. This doesn’t look legit but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt anyway. Please tell me what you want me to do with the left over amount.
Thanks,
Justin

hello justin,
Please i will like you to wire the money to my traevel agent okay so he can arrange my flight tickets to the us.The weding I need to attend is almost here. Pls use Moneygram.
Wire to:
MARTINE OKORE
21UNITY ROAD
OMOLE LAGOS
NIGERIA
Please send imiditaly by moneygram.
Thank you,
Love Sandra

Justin Credible wrote:

Hi Love Sandra,
I will have my assistant wire you the money immediately like you have requested. Hope all is well. See you soon!
-Justin

My assistant, Ms. Bea Haven wrote:

Dear Ms. Love Sandra,
Hello, my name is Ms. Bea Haven, I am Mr. Justin Credible’s assistant and I have wired the funds to you given the information from my boss:
Wire to:
MARTINE OKORE
21UNITY ROAD
OMOLE LAGOS
NIGERIA
Money Gram Reference #: 32864852 (my elementary school id number, I’ve always memorized it)
SENDER'S NAME: Ms. Bea Haven
AMOUNT SENT: $3450
I hope I did this right because I am a new hire and just got hired at my boss's production company. Please let me know if I did this right. I hope so. Thank you Ms. Love Sandra, I hope you will enjoy your visit to the United States.

Sincerely,
Ms. Bea Haven
Assistant to Producer
Bite-Me-Arse Entertainment
Hollywood, California

Hello Bea,
See i want to let you know that the agent went to Moneygram to pick up the money and they said that the refference number is not good and i want to let your boos to know about it but i first want to let you now, Now do you know what i will like you to do scan the receipt for the payment that the money gram give you, now i will like you to do that now befor i contact your boos okay, am waiting for the receipt of the payment okay.
Please i will like you to recomfirm the information you give the agent okay.
MARTINE OKORE
21UNITY ROAD
OMOLE LAGOS
NIGERIA

A couple of days go by and I forget about our faux transaction and haven’t replied back to her. So Ms. Love Sandra is getting irritated (her reply to me was in all bold print).

Looking what is going there now......And why you did not send me mail to correct the refference number, so that the agent will go there and pick up the money for my ticket.......because the wedding is coming up soon, so i will like you to do that now okay.
ThanksLove Sandra

Ms. Bea Haven wrote:

Dear Ms. Love Sandra:
I sincerely apologize for the mistake, please get back to me if this does not work. I am a new hire and have never wired money before. My boss was very mad at me for making a mistake and inconveniencing you. I got in big trouble for this. Please, I am very sorry!!
Please get back to me as soon as possible and let me know if everything is okay! Please do not tell my boss and let me know. I will get in more trouble if anything wrong happens again. Go to Moneygram to pick up the money. Reference: 32864852
-Ms. Bea Haven
Assistant to Producer
Bite-Me-Arse Entertainment
Hollywood, California

Hello Bea,
i know its not your fault but all the same, am pleading to you that you can send the right refference number, the same thing happened just as it was in the first time you send the first one, i should have reported all what thats is going on to your boss but since you said i should 'nt let him know, the refference number is invalid, please and please this the last chance my flight manager is giving me, he said that he would have my name canceled if i do nt pay for the ticket bill, and precise thats what have been keeping me staying till date here, i should would have been back to the state since on monday, just as i told your boss in the first time,but since it happened that way i have to patient, but this time i can't wait any more, thats why i pleading to you. right now at the moment to go straight to money gram and resend it with the right refference number so that i can be able to meet up with your boss in the states, i know he would be worried about my not been back yet to the states, please now Ibee.

Warning: The email above sounds like she is very caring and sincere and will avoid getting me in trouble at all cost, but yet…she sends my boss (hey, that’s me!) an email complaining that Ms. Bea Haven (hey that’s me again!) has been giving her the run around.

Hi Bea,
how are you doing?,the people at money gram said the reference number is invalid,so please just go through the receipt again and resend the reference number so the funds can be picked up today,thanks,and reply immediately.

Ms. Bea Haven wrote:

How could this be? I made sure I did everything right. Please go back there and make sure the Moneygram agent is not confused. I can assure you that I wired the money to you with the info you gave me. Again the reference # is: 32864852:
-Bea

Hello Bea
The moneygram agent has assured me that the reifference number you gave me is incorrect. I am disappointed with you as the moneygram agent has threaten to arrist me already. Pls hurry and send corrct reiference number immidiatly.
Looking forwarad to hear from you now.
Love Sandra.

Ms. Bea Haven wrote:

Oh my, I’m so sorry Ms. Love Sandra, I just realized I wired the money to you via Western Union. My bad, forgive me! Like I said, I have never done this before. Please don’t tell my boss about this! Here is the correct reference number: 32864851
Please forgive me,
Ms. Bea Haven

Hello Haven,
The Money Transfer Control Number must be exactly 10 characters in length. So the agent said that the control number is not complete... please i will like you to look after it now and send the complete number to the agent okay.....because i want he to get the ticket read tomorrow okay so he is waiting for the complete control number.
Love Sandra

Ms. Bea Haven wrote:

Geez, what is wrong with me today? Ofcourse, Western Union MTCN needs to be ten characters in length. How could I not know that. Here goes: 3228664851
-Bea

Man, I’m starting to run out of faux reference numbers….

Hi Bea,
I went to western union.the same thing happened like the first time. I need to speak to your booss. i have wasted a lot of time alredy. I will contact your booss imiditaly.

Ms. Bea Haven wrote:

Oh no, Please don’t! Anything but that!!

I eventually emailed our Nigerian Scammer and told her what a fucking piece of shit he/she is for scamming people of their hard earned money. I told him/her they were going to burn in hell for this and that the next time they do this again, they were going to die in a severe car accident.

Needless to say, I never heard from our beloved “Love Sandra” again.

Posting ID: 119838685
Old 09-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Hello

I am Anderson Curtis (FBI AGENT),i have been assigned to Africa to handle issues involving foreign Beneficiaries being ripped each time they try to make a claim on their inheritance.Please be informed that during my investigation i got to find out that there is a huge sum of $15million that has been assigned to you and this scammers are busy swindling you without any hope of you receiving your fund.

The Tunisian Cyber Army claimed to have breached CBN and AT&T websites by exploiting the SQL Injection vulnerabilities. The major reason why different scam messages are sent to you was because these hackers hacked the CBN Database found out truly you have A Due fund of $15million ( FIFTEEN MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS) unclaimed, they claimed to have compromised 19,800 user details from the CBN website(CBN.com). They collected your email and use this opportunity to send different emails with different Co-operate organization names including CBN, FedEx and other professional names making you to believe them.

Firstly, you are hereby advised to stop dealing with some non-officials in the bank as this is an illegal act and will have to stop if you so wish to receive your payment immediately

NOTE: The information i just gather from the Central Bank Suspense account is that the only amount meant to pay for this transfer process is the sum of $250 which covers for both Logistics an Securing a DEED OF AGREEMENT which will act as a Binding force between the Transfer Bank an the Beneficiary so that any form of Transfer charge can be deducted from Beneficiaries total fund before transfer is done.

The Bank also specified that the Transfer process can be done in the following way pending the option of choice preferred by the Beneficiary in question.

1)Through Bank to Bank wire transfer :The Bank account details of the Beneficiary will be needed so that the wire transfer can be done directly to the said account.

2)Through ATM card to be shipped to you through the courier service:In this option an ATM master card will be issued out in favor of the Beneficiary,it has a maximum withdraw of $100,000 per day.

3)As a Bank Draft/Cheque to be delivered to you also through the courier.:In this case an international Bank draft will be issued out to the Beneficiary and it is cash-able any where in the world by the Beneficiary since the draft will be drawn using details of the Beneficiary.

Do re-confirm to me the information below because an Application will be submitted to the Bank in your favor and the details below will be needed to enhance the said Application before the Bank.

FULL NAME:.....ADDRESS:.......PHONE NUMBER........COUNTRY:......OCCUPATION:....SEX:... .AGE:

In view of the above,i shall expect a response from you so that you can join the list of beneficiary who are presently in joy after receiving their compensated amount as scam victims.

Best Regard,
Anderson Curtis.

************************************************** ************************************************** **********
This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. wizard Recruitment Agency does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission,opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by wizard Recruitment Agency in this regard and the recipient should carry out such appropriate virus checks.
************************************************** ************************************************** **********
Old 09-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Got no love from Nigeria. I think my long lost dead uncles, aunts and cousins, have given their money away.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

lol
Old 09-30-2013, 12:41 AM

My father recently got one of these messages - via snail mail.

It went something like this:

Dear "John James Smith":

We here at <random made-up bank that is supposed to be in the UK> have a customer whose name is similar to yours. He died intestate with an estate worth £18 million. The estate must belong to you, "Joseph James Smith", because your names are so similar. Please write me back.

Best regards,

<signature illegible>

Mr. Thomas D. Asshat, Esq.

<names changed to protect the innocent ... and the guilty>

There's a sucker born every minute. Fortunately, my father isn't among them.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Banned

I refuse to open those emails but I saw a clip of an email in my spam box that began with something like "Dear Madam, I am a wealthy business owner who needs...." I couldn't read the rest of the email because I refused to open the email.

This is funny because years ago there was an idiot on The People's Court whose mother was suing him. This idiot actually believed what was in his spam folder and donated money to some people in Nigeria. What a dumbass.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies & Gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that drinks are on me!
This seems legit right?

Quote:
Dear KKGCaroline,

There is no risk what so ever, as regards this money, and also, I want you to be rest assured that everything been done here are strictly Legitimate, so you do not need to have any doubt. I got your email from Your Email Provider Directory System Database and information which i use in contacting you, The most important thing is that I do not want this money to go through the bank around here, I have a very good, trusted and reliable diplomatic courier contact used mostly by our forces here, that can send goods easily through diplomatic and private military way, to anywhere in the world without them being checked at any port of entry or customs.They can deliver this money for you easily, to any address of your choice. The baggage will be tagged diplomatic documents, and the courier company, are not going to know the contents of the box.

A few friends have used this means to convey goods, without being checked because of the diplomatic immunity they enjoy. Their charges are very high, but I will negotiate a way out from this end, till it gets to your door step anywhere and I will follow up immediately and meet with you for disbursement after you have received it,

I am very sure you will know the best way to handle this money for us, when it gets to your base. Please let me have an address where you want them to deliver the goods to you. It could be a bank address or your Company address. As soon as I get it, I will start making arrangements as to sending the merchandise to you.

I will send the total since I can not take any chances by keeping cash on me as I am working for the government. Your percentage still stands at 40%. (What do you do for a living? Are you married with kids? Can you handle these funds?) I will also want to see your passport copy or id/,driver's License so I know who I am dealing with OK .We need to build trust OK! It is only me that knows about the transaction from this end. Please if you know that you are not capable of handling this huge sum, please don't allow me to send it, I can always find other means of dealing with this.

You know that the security is very important,remember to keep secret secret. Send me your mobile number, The total sum amount's to $18 MILLIONS US DOLLARS and I hope that you can handle it? I hope you are OK with this? Everything must be done by email and make sure you check your email every day because we don't have much time on this, Will you still help? I need your urgent reply in this regard.

Your Partner,
John Adams
Old 10-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

I go this one today. Damn! They cc'd the FBI, CIA, NSA and the DHS! Oh, whoa is me...

INTERNATIONAL POLICE AUTHORITY
JOHN F. KENNEDY RESIDENT AGENCY
ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONETARY CRIMES DIVISION
Deferred inspections unit
American airlines - terminal nine
1st floor arrivals area - room 11-161
JFK international airport

We, office of the International Police Authority (IPA) hereby write to inform you that we stopped a courier personal by the name Mrs. Mary Bradshaw here at (John Kennedy International Airport) New York with a consignment box filled with cash valued at US$10,500,000:00 (Ten Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars). In the course of our interview and investigation on the courier personal she said that the consignment box belongs to you and that she was sent by a Chris Benton to come deliver the consignment box to you not knowing that the content of the box is money.

Now, this courier lady is under detention and custody of the office of (IPA) security in JFK airport N.Y, and we cannot release her until we carry out our proper investigation on how this huge amount of money managed to be yours. So, in this regards you are to reassure and prove to us that the money you are about to receive is legal by sending us the Ownership Clearance Certificate showing that the money is not illegal. Note, that the Ownership Clearance Certificate must to be secured from the office of the Nigerian Senate President, because that is the only office that will issue you the original Ownership Clearance Certificate of this funds, this is because the fund originated from Nigeria.

You are advised to forward immediately the Ownership Clearance Certificate if you have it with you, but if you do not have it, we urge you to contact back the sender of Mary Bradshaw to help you secure the Award Ownership Certificate if at all you do not have it. Below is the contact information of the person that sent Mrs. Mary Bradshaw as provided by her;

Name: Chris T. Benton Email: [email] #1 or [email #2] Phone: 16 numbers of fake phone number

Furthermore, we are giving you only but 3 working business days to forward the requested Ownership Clearance Certificate. Please note that we shall get back to you after the 3 working business days, and if you don’t come up with the certificate we shall confiscate the funds into the government account then charge you for money laundering and smuggling of currencies as stipulated in the United States Patriot Act bill on money laundering related activities, signed into law (P.L.107-56) by President Bush on October 26, 2001 and the United Nations Chatter on money laundering., but if you forward the Ownership Clearance Certificate then we will release courier lady to come deliver to you your consignment box also gives you every back up on the money.

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

Yours Truly,
Agent Brian Duke

JOHN F. KENNEDY RESIDENT AGENCY
ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONITORY CRIMES DIVISION
JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
NEW YORK 11430 USA

CC: FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI)
CC: CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY (CIA)
CC: NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY (NSA)
CC: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS)

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 10-24-2013 at 04:39 PM.