GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,039
1 members and 1,038 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
you're getting a fridge fixed at 7:40pm?

ETA: right. time zones. I still figure you're past 5 pm, right?

also - LOVE this story. thanks so much for sharing it.... do you have a career dealing with writing? you have quite a way with words.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06

Last edited by sigmagirl2000; 08-15-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: duh.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

From one mom who spent YEARS biting her tongue to another mom who is biting her tongue: I want an update.

Oh...and the tongue biting doesn't stop...nor the necessity in doing so.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Fridge schmidge! We neeeed you!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post

fo' real!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I love this recruitment story....Please....please continue. The ice cream can melt....or better yet - put it in a drink... & come back!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread is making me so excited to do recruitment from the other side for the first time! Can't wait for your next post!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

More! More! More!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post

fo' real!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethesand View Post
I got into the rental car, drove to the local Super Wal-mart to return some items, and bawled like a baby in the parking lot. I apologize to the young man helping me with my return who had to deal with a very emotional 40+ year old woman. Not one of my better days.
This immediately took me back to my daughter's first day of kindergarten. The tidal wave of tears was sneaky and overwhelming, and I fled to the hallway outside her classroom where I stood sobbing until I could regain control. Even though her college drop-off is still many years away, now I'm starting to worry about it. I never thought I'd be one of those emotional moms.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Easily my favorite recruitment story so far this fall. Cheering for Debbie to get her heart's desire. Recruitment moms, I don't know how you do it -- I couldn't handle the stress!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPhiAGinger View Post
The tidal wave of tears was sneaky and overwhelming-- I never thought I'd be one of those emotional moms.
I cried at the airport. I continued crying on the plane. The woman next to me bought me a drink (and held my hand the whole flight) & the flight attendants gave me free drinks. I was an emotional wreck. But I survived & so did she.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebud View Post
From one mom who spent YEARS biting her tongue to another mom who is biting her tongue: I want an update.

Oh...and the tongue biting doesn't stop...nor the necessity in doing so.
Heh. I swear I have looked at myself in the mirror and have seen a little blood trickling down the corner of my mouth from biting my tongue so hard.

Fabulous story by the way. Gah, stupid refrigerator.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Also loving this story! Though earlier this thread made me get up and hug my mom and she was like "What did you do this time??" Jeez, thanks mom my parents went on vacation to Seattle right after they dropped me off, so I think that helped.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

My fridge - still not working. Why do companies offer 24/7 service but refuse to answer or make a service call after 5?

Why do I finally find a company that comes out, diagnoses a burnt motor (great!), says it'll be $400 with parts and labor, and when we hesitate knock of $100. I love a bargain but not like that (and I'm not even sure if it's a bargain). My husband nicely declined the gentleman's offer and politely asked him to leave.

Why does my husband keep "stuff" in the coolers requiring me to then find a place for said stuff? I can't just leave it on the table. Why can't said stuff be thrown away?

Why is my fridge so bare that the perishable contents of both fridge and freezer combined fill one cooler? That is a sad state of affairs. I really need to go to the grocery store. Thank God for cereal.

Why after I empty the fridge do I open it hoping that it magically is working again? It isn't. What is working though is me. I see the milk "stuff" and have to clean that. Once one shelf is clean and shiny, the others look dull. Those have to be cleaned. One shelf, one drawer lead to another. Can't have the freezer feeling jealous so then it's the freezer. That leads to the outside of the fridge. Then I notice the stove/oven next to it need a cleaning. Then the kitchen floor needs to be mopped. At least my kitchen is immaculate.

As I'm waiting for the kitchen floor to dry I notice the dog hair on the wood floors. Out comes the vacuum. Can't just vacuum one room, the entire house needs to be vacuumed. While my fridge still doesn't work, my house is immaculate. And I wonder where Dark Side Bedlam mom came from?

When I return to the office today I'll finish posting Debbie's story (if you care).
Old 08-16-2012, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh we care...please continue!! We're all having to take shots at work this morning due to the anxiety of your story not being complete yet!
Closed Thread