GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,134
0 members and 2,134 guests
No Members online

Old 01-05-2000, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Panhellenic Rushes

I am in Alpha Sigma Alpha and our chapter just became a part of Panhell and we are not sure how to utilize the short amount of time allotted for each rush. We are not used to not being able to give favors or play games. We need suggestions. Please help.
Old 01-06-2000, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Your chapter should be guided by a New Chapter Advisor and you should ask her for assitance. ASA has many programs on how to hold successfuly Recruitment events in keeping with NPC regulations. Also, contact other ASA chapters on campuses of a size similar to yours for ideas, etc.

Basically your rush will go something like this:

First (and maybe second) day - Rushees visit each chapter on campus for a short party, say 20 minutes. It is here that you introduce yourselves and ASA to the rushees.

First round of invitational parties - you will pick a theme for this day and you are probably required to disclose financial information at this time. You may will also give additional information about your chapter and your activities both on a local and national level.

Second round of invitational parties - most likely you will have a sisterhood skit or video to show the rushees and you will spend more time getting to know the girls.

Optional - 3rd round invitational

Preference Day - the Rushees will only visit a maximum of three houses this day. Your chapter will present a "Preference Ceremony", usually a solemn ritual expressing your love of ASA, sisterhood, etc.

A Rush Counselor, themes, songs, skits, videos and ceremonies should all be available from your national office. Speak to your advisor, province president or just call your HQ. Don't assume that you are "on your own", because you are not. Take full advantage of your resources.

------------------
Fraternally,
Barbara
Zeta Tau Alpha Alumna

If you have to go around telling everyone you're in charge you're not much of a leader.

Old 01-09-2000, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the real key when you don't have a lot of time at Rush itself is to remember to Recruit every day.... not just during Rush week. I would guess that 80% of the women that went through Rush at my small school already knew what group(s) they were interested in before hand because we had been rushing them all semester before Rush. Most of the women who signed up for Rush were there because one of the groups had been Rushing them. So you have to be prepared all semester.

That said, remember to recruit all the women that your group would like while they are at Rush. You don't want to miss out on any women who may not be sure yet.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: ..there walks a lady we all know, who shines white light and wants to show, how everything still turns to gold
Send a message via AIM to CAREPHISIG
Quote:
Originally posted by Heather17
I think the real key when you don't have a lot of time at Rush itself is to remember to Recruit every day.... not just during Rush week. I would guess that 80% of the women that went through Rush at my small school already knew what group(s) they were interested in before hand because we had been rushing them all semester before Rush. Most of the women who signed up for Rush were there because one of the groups had been Rushing them. So you have to be prepared all semester.

That said, remember to recruit all the women that your group would like while they are at Rush. You don't want to miss out on any women who may not be sure yet.
That is SO true! and my chapter doesn't get it! hehe
Old 05-11-2005, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
hehehe, I want to make signs to put over the doors and above the phones that say "Rush is 365 days a year...who are you rushing today?"
Old 05-13-2005, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

for the games try little ice breakers...

we used to do one where you grabbed a handful of M&M's and then each M&M stood for something... like blue was your favorite vacation, red what animal you would like to be and why, green how you met your best friend, yellow why you decided to go through recruitment and so on and so forth... If you had more than one M&M of a color you had to give that many answers... That way you get to learn some unique things about the girls not just the usual hometown, major, dorm they live in, and things like that...

I'm sure if you search on here you can find a thread that lists some ice breakers...

if you need anymore help PM me...
Old 05-14-2005, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
What are the topics for each night (ie, Philanthropy Night, Skit Night, etc.)?