GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 986
1 members and 985 guests
AlwaysSAI

Old 04-19-2004, 03:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Cool shout outs to Alpha Epsilon

Just thought I'd put in a great word for my fabulous Alpha Epsilon girls (not like I'm biased or anything... ).
This weekend was the famous 13 Carnival at Washington University in St. Louis (the oldest student-run carnival in the nation, I might add). The money made from the carnival always goes to a local agency that supports children.
All of the sororities pair up with fraternities and put on 'facades'--plays inside little theaters that are built by the sorority/fraternity pairs. The plays change every year--and the building is intense; takes about 2 months to start building and a M-F (24 hours a day) to get it put together! This year's theme was the "Orient Express". I wish I had pictures to show you--it looked AMAZING!
There are always 3 awards given at the end of the weekend for facades; Best Construction, Best Production, and Best Overall Facade (otherwise known as the Burmeister Cup). Competition was intense this year, as always...but Delta Gamma and their fraternity pair, Sigma Nu GOT THE BURMEISTER CUP!!!!
This is the 3rd time since 1999 that DG and Sigma Nu have gotten the cup (and they won Best Construction together last year)!!!Other winners were Kappa Kappa Gamma/Kappa Sigma (Best Construction) and Pi Beta Phi/Theta Xi (Best Production). The other pairs were: Chi Omega/Beta Theta Pi, Alpha Epsilon Phi/Alpha Epsilon Pi, and Alpha Phi/Sigma Phi Epsilon. The other fraternities on campus not paired with sororities run other booths on campus...just as an FYI.

CONGRATS ALPHA EPSILON GIRLS (and Sigma Nu) ON A JOB WELL DONE!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )