GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 929
2 members and 927 guests
KDKells, Xidelt

Old 07-16-2010, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Question about sorority recruitment e-mail from FSU Panhellenic Association.

I'm a new student (but I'll be a junior) at FSU and I got an e-mail today from the panhellenic association inviting me to sorority recruitment events. In the e-mail it states that one of the events (an online chat) is invite only and I shouldn't share the password with anyone. So, that made me wonder if they send this e-mail to all new female students...does anyone know? Or do they select the girls through GPA or some other criteria?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannylove View Post
I'm a new student (but I'll be a junior) at FSU and I got an e-mail today from the panhellenic association inviting me to sorority recruitment events. In the e-mail it states that one of the events (an online chat) is invite only and I shouldn't share the password with anyone. So, that made me wonder if they send this e-mail to all new female students...does anyone know? Or do they select the girls through GPA or some other criteria?
Are you wondering if it's legit? Another poster here mentioned that her school did something similar.

Why not check it out? It probably is open to just unaffiliated females at FSU (with reps from Campus Panhel moderating) for obvious reasons. I doubt that it's by "selection" at all, other than being female/new/unaffiliated.

It's a chance to ask questions.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 PM

That is kind of an odd thing to mention - I mean what if someone whose kid is going there next year got the password and sat in? Would the earth fall off its axis?

I also would sincerely hope it went to ALL unaffiliated females regardless of class standing, not just new/transfer students.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
That is kind of an odd thing to mention - I mean what if someone whose kid is going there next year got the password and sat in? Would the earth fall off its axis?

I also would sincerely hope it went to ALL unaffiliated females regardless of class standing, not just new/transfer students.
My guess is that it's password protected and open to just unaffiliated women (and not men, or all members of sororities), so that the girls can ask questions and not feel like they were being judged. I'm sure some people go just to snark or troll, though.

Then again, they could be giving away the secrets of the universe. Perhaps the Illuminati will show up.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

you could always phone or email panhellenic to make sure its legit.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not worried about it being legit, I was really just wondering if they send it to everyone or not. The fact that it was password protected made me wonder, but I guess it does make sense. I'm sure there have been people that go on it just to be rude.

Just a note, I'm pretty sure it is legit because the e-mail address it was sent from was an FSU admin address.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Never hurts to check it out. I'm guessing the password is there to prevent random people (spammers, moms, boys, etc) from logging in and wreaking havoc, and keeping people who are actually interested from getting the info they need.