GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,492
0 members and 2,492 guests
No Members online

Old 01-29-2006, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

deferred recruitment

If your school had delayed (several weeks into the fall semester) or deferred recruitment (spring) or if this is true of the school where you advise, will you PM me please? I am the Recruitment Advisor at the College of Charleston and I have lots of questions as CofC moves towards deferred recruitment.

Thanks!
April
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-30-2006, 12:29 PM

If you dont get many replies here, I would use the HQ website as another resource. In the Theta Directory section when you do searches for college chapters, they also have on there (or did last time I looked) if they do fall or deferred recruitment.

Centre College in Kentucky I know does that. I dont know others off the top of my head though.

Why is College of Charleston moving to deferred recruitment if you dont mind me asking?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

CofC

It's not completely a done-deal yet but the thought right now is that we'll have delayed recruitment next fall (early November) and then deferred recruitment for the 2007/2008 school year. We have not seen the actual recommendations of the task force yet but what we've heard is that they want freshmen to have a semester to get focused on school and academics before joining a sorority. Believe me, I don't support the change and I worked with the other advisors on campus to compile a lits of our concerns. We're still hoping we can convince the school that this is a bad idea for our greek system.

Thanks for the suggestion. The district officers have given me a list of some schools with deferred recruitment that I can contact.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCFStefanie
I interned at a school last year that does deferred recruitment (They used to have a Theta Chapter but no longer do)

I know a lot of people arent fond of the idea but it really worked well for them.

PM me and we can chat
Old 01-31-2006, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I just sent you a message.
I've been rather busy lately but I'll be sure to keep an eye on my PM box. Let me know if I can be of some help.