GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Theta > Theta Chi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,146
0 members and 1,146 guests
No Members online

Old 12-06-2000, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Alcohol Free Housing

What does anyone know about or feel about Alcohol Free Housing?
Old 03-26-2002, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

DRY

Ok heres what i know as of july 1st of 2003 theta chi is going dry nationally i am very dissappointed in this decision as are most brothers. I understand the fact that it is in responce to an unfortunate situation. The fact of the matter is not all campus houses have these crazy parties all the time where someone could get hurt. my house throws some awsome parties throughout the year, the best on campus. we are well organized and keep a safe and fun enviornment without restricting the use of alcohol. going dry will not kill our house but we wont have the high social statue we have now. Alcohol is not a need but lets face it we are in college noone comes to a dry party or if they do they are already smashed and will cause even more trouble. I say leave it alone let each house take matter into its own hands and take care of itself if each house is strong the national will be even stronger.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Brothaman, I feel your pain. We just got installed so we had to be dry right away, because we're founded after that past. We are the only fraternity here who doesn't throw regular parties. What you might to do to get around that is getting a second house maybe or saying that your basement is not part of your house.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to zetabetarep Send a message via Yahoo to zetabetarep
not so bad

hey, wassup my name is eddie i am a member at the zeta beta chapter in adrian. my chapter has just went Lead meaning that we are dry for good. it's not a bad thing at all..as a matter of fact most of the other fraternites on our campus respect us because we did so. just because you can't drink in house doesn't mean you can't drink.. there is nothng stopping you from just going to a bar or a cliub..you don't always need liquor to have fun, if you have any questions further more..i am more then willing to extend the helping hand. my email is ebowen@adrian.edu hit me up.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Whats up Eddie? I am Billy from Iota Zeta chapter.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OXBrody151 Send a message via Yahoo to OXBrody151
Dry Housing

The fact of the matter is that, further with the dry-housing situation, some of us just keep doing what we've always done. They're called 3rd-Party Vendors. I'm not so much disappointed in the whole Dry Housing concept, granted, I'm a little bitter that it's happening the summer after my 21st but still... What's frustrating to me is that my chapter is having the entire concept of HAVING a house dangled over our head, and being post-poned it seems in wait for Dry-Housing to be put into effect. Norwich Housing wants us to rent for two years before they pony up money (Meanwhile we're the only NIC House on campus that doesn't have a house.), and our Alumni are more or less just killing time and stalling until July '03. Granted it's their money, but I still think this is rather messed up. Anyways I'm ranting... back to the topic. I don't like it, I don't think it's necessary, but honestly it's out of our hands now, and I don't think Brother Dave (You all should know who I'm talking about) is going to let this one slip out of his grip.

Sean Meusch
Theta Chi Fraternity
Zeta Epsilon Chapter
California State University- Long Beach
Old 09-12-2002, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

errrrrrrrrraaaaargggggg
last word is mine
Old 10-22-2002, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

AFH at Morehead State University

Theta Chi's here at Morehead State recently went on AFH because of Risk Management violations. In my opinion it is good and bad. The good is that our house stays clean because no alcohol is consumed there but the bad is there is no where else to party. Right now anyway we are on suspension and can't go to any other greek party for a year. Someone posted on here about AFH no being that bad because you can still go party and drink at bars, well here in Morehead there is 2 bars, so that gets pretty old quick. Also another bad situation is that with AFH that means no more parties ever at the OX house. Well that's fine, but what most people don't realize is that here in Morehead there isn't anything at all to do, like I said there is 2 bars so really the only reason people first join a fraternity is becuase then they can get into party's. I think AFH here at Morehead will hurt our numbers bad.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Just do like all my friends from Morehead and go to Lexington...
Old 10-22-2002, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Traveling to Lexington

Its kinda hard to travel to Lexington...Maybe if all of us knew someone in Lexington that we could stay with for the night or something. I mean, we can't really drive down there, get drunk then drive back. Yes I know DD's, but who wants to DD for someone to Lexington?
Old 02-13-2003, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Traveling to Lexington

Quote:
Originally posted by dsizemsu
Its kinda hard to travel to Lexington...Maybe if all of us knew someone in Lexington that we could stay with for the night or something. I mean, we can't really drive down there, get drunk then drive back. Yes I know DD's, but who wants to DD for someone to Lexington?
Lexington VA?
Old 02-14-2003, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Lexington, KY
Old 02-23-2003, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to slamit93 Send a message via Yahoo to slamit93
I'd offer to let you guys stay here in Richmond, the problem is, we don't have greek housing yet... and right now, the majority of our chapter is so young they can't live off campus... Our parties have beenvirtually non-existent, but somehow we still manage to pull off one of the biggest pledge classes each semester... I guess it helps when we have alumni that own 1/2 of the bars in town... anyway... When you guys are coming in to town, let me know... Adam Lawson has my number, and I'll see what I can do... Hopefully next year we will have some good places to party again!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jester3334
Hey, this is James from Delta Upsilon Chapter at Arizona state university.

Rumor is that Nationals is going to let us apply for waivers to allow alcohol again. They are changing their minds about making it Alcohol Free
Old 06-14-2006, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester3334
Hey, this is James from Delta Upsilon Chapter at Arizona state university.

Rumor is that Nationals is going to let us apply for waivers to allow alcohol again. They are changing their minds about making it Alcohol Free
Glad to see they're coming to their senses.

Moderation is key in life. I don't really like "all or nothing" type approaches to any problem.