GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,303
0 members and 2,303 guests
No Members online

Old 06-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Banned

"Jackass" Star Ryan Dunn Dies in Car Accident

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn has died in a horrific car crash in Pennsylvania, police tell NBC Philadelphia.

The daredevil, 34, found fame performing stomach-churning stunts alongside Steve-O and Johnny Knoxville on the MTV show.

According to TMZ, he was travelling in a car in West Goshen Township, Penn., in the early hours of Monday morning when the vehicle spun out of control and crashed, erupting into a fireball.

The website reports Dunn posted pictures on the internet of him drinking with pals just hours before the fatal smash.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=654060&GT1=28103

So sad and so unnecessary. I'm almost as angry as I am sad.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-20-2011, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

As sad as this is, could you really expect Dunn and the Jackass/CKY crew going out any other way?

Last edited by XAntoftheSkyX; 06-20-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAntoftheSkyX View Post
As sad as this is, could you really expect Dunn and the Jackass/CKY crew going out any other way?
With God's grace and mercy, I would hope so. God sometimes saves us from ourselves.

However, as is often the case, his ending matched his (I assume) overall lifestyle and career.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I also read on TMZ that the car was going 110 MPH at the time of the crash. It's truly a sad and horrific thing when events like this occur & could be prevented.
I just watched him playing on the show Minute to Win it for charity a few nights ago!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Banned

Wow.

Thank God he didn't kill anyone else.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Wow.

Thank God he didn't kill anyone else.
He had a passenger who also died. Someone posted on FB that it was Bam Margera's mom. Haven't seen it confirmed though.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Beat me to it, Pika! Police have not identified the body yet. I don't think it's Bam's mom, though, as she reported/confirmed the news to several news outlets.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Banned

*sigh*

Old 06-20-2011, 04:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Here's the link to WPVI (ABC station in Philadelphia): http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...ent&id=8200859

I lived near the accident scene for almost 5 years...Very sad.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Banned

Roger Ebert's tweet sets the Internet on fire:

"Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...-10391698.html

While most people would agree with Ebert, there is a such thing as "too soon" and "everything that is thought should not be said/typed."

Kirstie Alley is on The View and shared that her mother was killed by a drunk driver and her father was almost killed. Drunk driving is bad and it is dumb. Yet, lives were lost so there's enough room for both compassion and anger at the stupidity of Dunn's drunk driving and speeding.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
While most people would agree with Ebert, there is a such thing as "too soon" and "everything that is thought should not be said/typed."
I read a post somewhere that said if he were by himself, it would be "too soon." Since he had a passenger, though, the poster (and subsequent posters) said Ebert's tweet was not out of line.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been avoiding this topic because it's a little close for home for me. I was acquaintances with the PA part of the jackass crew before they were famous and when they were just a bunch of guys doing stuff around town.

First off, April Margera (Bam's mom) was not killed in the accident. The passanger was a friend who had worked on the movies. April has been kind of the spokes person to the media since the accident occurred.

Second, yes, there were pictures on twitter of Ryan and the people he was with holding glasses that contained alcohol. He was at a bar prior to the accident. The bartender who was serving them has indicated that the group of guys had not been drinking much while they were at the bar and had not seemed intoxicated. For all anyone knows, that picture of Ryan with that one drink is the only drink he had all night over several hours and may have been under the legal limit. An autopsy is being done to confirm if alcohol was involved. (Granted, he very well could have been wasted, but people like Roger Ebert should not be commenting until they have all the facts.)

Third, they are still investigating the accident. The authorities have estimated him going approximately 100mph in his car, but they are trying to determine why there is a sharp turn that caused him to go over the guard rail. Yes, it could have be because he was drunk, but it also could have been him swerving to miss a deer (we have lots of them, especially where this accident was), or swearving to miss another driver.

Finally, Ryan was like the nicest guy in the world. Sure he did crazy stuff that would make you cringe and almost vomit, but he was genuine and very nice. Years ago I was at a bar and a bunch of those guys were there. I fell and ended up cutting my hand really bad in glass and needed to go to the hospital. While two of the other guys were shoving a video camera in my face and being rude and outlandish, Ryan got them to stop, got me ice and napkins from the bar and sat with me until my ride came to take me to the emergency room, and he barely knew me. That was the kind of guy he was.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieXi View Post
Finally, Ryan was like the nicest guy in the world. Sure he did crazy stuff that would make you cringe and almost vomit, but he was genuine and very nice. Years ago I was at a bar and a bunch of those guys were there. I fell and ended up cutting my hand really bad in glass and needed to go to the hospital. While two of the other guys were shoving a video camera in my face and being rude and outlandish, Ryan got them to stop, got me ice and napkins from the bar and sat with me until my ride came to take me to the emergency room, and he barely knew me. That was the kind of guy he was.
While even "jackasses" can be wonderful and loving people, he was probably being a careless driver. His carelessness was probably in the form of excessive speeding.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
While even "jackasses" can be wonderful and loving people, he was probably being a careless driver. His carelessness was probably in the form of excessive speeding.
And your most likely right. The speeding was contributory to the accident. No one is going to argue that.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Roger Ebert says 'too quick' to tweet about Dunn

Quote:
CHICAGO – Roger Ebert says he was "probably too quick to tweet" when he posted on Twitter about "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn, who died in a fiery car crash.

Ebert tweeted that "friends don't let jackasses drink and drive." The message prompted a landslide of posts on Ebert's Facebook page. The Pulitzer Prize-winning Chicago movie critic posted a message from Facebook early Tuesday saying his page was removed for violating Terms of Use.
link