GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,559
1 members and 1,558 guests
annetaedarky158

Old 03-08-2004, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
I rather like being on top!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-08-2004, 07:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AOcutiePi4ever
definitly top. you can make it like your little secret hidaway, and set it up all cute with all your shit and no one can see it. you have more privacy and can hide from people down below. also, no one can sit on your bed, its alllllll yours!
Exactly!! I had top bunk in the dorms sophomore year and loved it! I never once fell off. I didn't have any problems climbing up after a few drinks either.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't sleep on the top. I'd fall off.

Actually I prefer not to sleep on bunk beds peroid.

I agree with the I'm too much of a princess for bunk beds statement.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

floor

i fell of the top bunk 4 times drunk. once i was sooo drunk they made me go to bed and i got my foot caught between the wall and the bed and while pulling it out, fell off onto my face, knocking me cold. when i woke up i looked like i got the crap beat out of me. then, later and drunk i was acting the whole incedent out, sadly really repeating it. then my roomate bought me a side guard as a joke. and while intoxicated i proved it didnt work on accident though. then i was drunk and still asleep aparently, and was getting up to go to the bathroom and forgot i was on the top bunk and just stepped out, and fell hard. from then on i slept on the floor.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I always got stuck with the top bunk until last semester, I had my own room out in the annex and I pushed the two bunk beds together and had a king sized bed. That was fun.

This semester we had our beds triple bunked and I was stuck in the middle bed which totally sucked b/c it felt like a coffin. Luckily the annoying roommate moved out so now it's just me and my little sis and we have a big room all to ourselves, so we unbunked the beds and both of us get our beds on the floor. Yay for that.

I used to love sleeping on the top bunk when I was a kid though, I had bunk beds in my room but I had my own room, so I could just switch it up every night, sleep up top one night, on bottom the next. Great fun. Yeah, I was a loser when I was kid.

Freshman year when I moved into the dorms I constantly fell out of bed b/c I move around a LOT in my sleep and I had no quite gotten used to small twin beds. Even worse than falling out of bed though was that half the time I would fall off I wouldn't even NOTICE b/c I was in such a deep sleep and I'd just take all my pillows and blankets down with me. So strange.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
definitely bottom. i have a huge fear that i would fall off the bed. luckily the only time i had a room with the beds bunked was sophomore year for about a month before we unbunked them.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never slept on bunk beds in my entire life. I agree that the top is too high and the bottom is claustrophobic.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
My sisters had bunk beds. I slept on the bottom a few times. I don't remember if I ever slept on top.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GMUBunny Send a message via Yahoo to GMUBunny
I always had bottom, just because 1) I'm a clumsy idiot and 2) I get up to pee in the middle of the night and 3) bottom doesn't make nearly as much noise as the top . Of course, my luck of having the bottom bunk wasn't apparent until my roomie and I moved into our new dorm sophomore year. The minute I heard the *THUNK* on the ceiling and a groan the first morning when she woke up, I knew I had made the right decision.

Proud mommy of Tiernan Vincent 8-8-05 and Gwendolyn Iona 12-13-07!