GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,974
1 members and 1,973 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 03-05-2002, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Gastric Bypass

Did any one see that MTV true life thing??? WTF???? That is sooooo not safe. That girl has some deep rooted problems. Changing the size of her stomach will make her losse weight, but it will mean she will need to eat practically all the time to get the nutrients she needs. And if she keeps just eating not healthy foods she won't get them!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-06-2002, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Hahaha, I saw it and can I just say that the guy who got the calf implants is so icky?? I'm sorry, but real men DON'T wear body glitter.
Old 03-06-2002, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Sadly enough I thought I was the only one who watched that on MYV, yea the guy with the calf implants was just kinda crazy, i mean yea having nice calfs on a guy is nice, but really, how many girls go up to a guy a go, oh I am sorry I can't date you cause your calfs are too small.
The other two girls were kinda annoying, the one who got her nose down wqs super skinny, and she was like yea I think I want to go back and get more done. Crazy
As for the Gastric bypas, they have done studies on that type of surgery and for people who are severly over w eight it actual helps them. I think if thats what the girl wanted to do,then more power to her, I think she is taking the first step into getting healthy again, also they did a follow up story and she said she was eating healthy and losing more weight due to her changed eating habits and excersize.

DGP~Honey~
Old 03-06-2002, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by XO_Princess
Hahaha, I saw it and can I just say that the guy who got the calf implants is so icky?? I'm sorry, but real men DON'T wear body glitter.

hahaha. My comment to him was to screw the calf implants and spend the money on gettin them donkey teeth fixed. The reason chicks arent all over him is because it look like he's a shark. Six damn rows of teeth. And they were BIG teeth. Yeah, he could model, as long as he didnt smile. Look like his damn tounge's in jail. Fool. His damn family dont even love him enough to go with him for surgery. That ought to tell you something about his personality. His own people dont like him.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I know someone who had gastic bypass surgery, and it changed her life for the better. The risk of surgery complications is less than the health risk associated with obesity.
Did you see the woman who had lipo that went bad? I felt so sorry for her and her damaged legs. There were two very young women who were there together. One had a nose job. What did the other have done? They were funny when they were walking outside and nose job girl was hiding her face. lol! I personally have never judged a man based on the size of his calves!
Old 03-06-2002, 09:56 AM

I saw it too. I couldn't help but roll my eyes back at every comment those girls made. I think the doctor was at fault too. Many plastic surgeons would not recommend a surgery unless it was crucial. I couldn't believe he grabbed the skinny girl's stomach and said, "Well, we can lipo that out too if you want."
As for the guy, the reason he's not getting girls is because he probably, deep-down, likes boys. Real men wear body glitter...hah!
As for the heavier girl...I think she was the only one who should've had plastic surgery. Obviously, diet and exercise didn't work for her and she was severely overweight.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Bypass

My aunt had a gastric bypass a couple of weeks ago. She is close to 40 years old and has been overweight all of her life. Due to her weight problem she has had several problems with her knees, feet, and hips. She eats healthy and exercises but she has just never been able to lose the weight. Hopefully this will work out well for her

Most of the people that were on that MTV special made me want to gag especially the guy with the calf implants and the two girls who had the nose job and the liposuction. I can understand the nose job but she was just flat out dumb. As for the other girl...EXERCISE!!! Some people are just too damn lazy.

I felt really bad for the lady who had received bad treatments and I hope everything turns out well for the woman who had the gastric bypass.

Have a nice day

Last edited by AOX81; 03-06-2002 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

gastic bypass surgery

I saw on our local news a few days ago where someone in Knoxville was going to have gastic bypass surgery. She weighs like 560 lbs - but her insurance doesnt cover it. So she is raising money - by having BAKES SALES. I had to laugh at the irony although I do know she probably needs it in order to become healthy. What I dont agree with is that she has set up some donation account at a bank where people can send money - I mean isnt that what you do when your child needs a heart transplant or something serious? Just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I know being that heavy is a serious thing...but I dont think she should be begging the community to give her money.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

AOX81, I hope all is well for your aunt ! I have watched it done a few different times on tv and almost all of the people have said it has changed their lives for the better. So I wish your Aunt,great success.
As for the two girls on MTV they were just silly. The one had a nose job and the other one got lipo to make her thighs look smaller, and all of this was so they could try out for playboy mag.
I too felt bad for the lady who's lip went wrong. But there are soo many studies out there, so people should start to see that Lipo really isn't all that safe and should really think twice before they go under the tube and knife .
DGP~Honey~
Old 03-06-2002, 11:28 AM

Personally I have no problem with gastric bypass......my only complaint is that you have to fall under the medical definition of "morbidly obese" in order to have it. I think that there are people out there who are not morbidly obese but definitely overweight who could benefit. As someone who has battled food addictions and eating disorders I think it would be very helpful to people who simply cannot control themselves.

I am all for plastic surgery within reason. If it makes you feel better about yourself, and you understand the risks involved, go for it. I mean, I think maybe the calf thing was silly.....there are exercises you can do to build up your calves. But hey, then again some guys get breast implants so they can have the big cut chest.

I guarantee you I will be one of those women who at 40 decides she has to have her eyes done or something. I already use retinol and anti-aging products like they are going out of style. I hate being so vain but I can't help it. I just know that I am not going to deal well with growing older....I am already getting more and more anxious and freeaked-out as the weeks roll by and the big 30 gets closer.

If the one girl had a nose job for Playboy, she wasted her time. We get Playboy and I have to say they seem to be far more interested in the bodies than the faces. I have seen some butt-ugly chicks in there with REALLY bad noses......Hef doesn't seem to be able to see beyond big boobs, skinny legs and bleached-white hair sometimes.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to agree with everyone, I saw the show and really thought that the two girls where just annoying I understand everyone wants to be thin but WORK OUT FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T BE LAZY I honestly wanted to smack them both I hope that the lipo girl knows that now that the fat is gone in her legs if she gains weight it will resettle into different areas, as for the for the calf guy, I just thought that he is a weirdo, did you see him running around on the beach "I HAVE BIG CALVES" and saying how he is a 'total package' riiiight, he was another one who needed smacked, as for the gastric by pass I hope that everything goes well for her,

and i thought that i was the only one who watched all the stupid mtv shows
Old 03-06-2002, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
She weighs like 560 lbs - but her insurance doesnt cover it. So she is raising money - by having BAKES SALES.
Perhaps this is in really bad taste.... Aw hell, I know it is...

You'd have to agree though, anyone who can get to weigh 560 lbs is probably a wonderful chef!

Ok so that was in bad taste.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-06-2002, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and did anyone else think that the girls nose looked worse after the surgery!? And I'm sorry, but when you "never worked out a day in her life" why are you spending the $$ on the lipo? I've seen the MTV special about the breast implants, and they did a good job there of telling all the sides of it with that one too (good, bad, painful, and health risk). WHat I never understood was why didn't the woman who's lipo got all messed up sue the doctor and have him pay for the correction surgeries?
Old 03-06-2002, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

The sad thing with people who want to undergo liposuction is that they want an immediate solution to a long term problem. It didn't take them overnight to get fat, so as goes the way of the world, it won't take overnight to look skinny. Furthermore what good are you doing if you don't change your bad habbits? So you pay loads of money to get liposuction, you get the body you desire and then what? You go back to eating a poor diet? You sit on your ass more because you're "skinny" and you don't need to work out (I mean if you worked out to begin with you wouldn't be in this state)?
My point is, I would rather spend a few months or however long it took to reach my goals than a few thousand to look good. I find the reward more satisfying if I say "I weighed ___ and now look at me!"

Hootie
Old 03-06-2002, 09:02 PM

I didn't see the show y'all are referring to, but I've seen other shows where they talk about gastric bypass. It scares the he!! out of me.

If you're seriously overweight (and I mean *seriously* - like you have to take the subway to work because you can't fit in a car) then the benefits may outweigh the risks. Having a tiny stomach will help with appetite control. You'll drop a lot of weight relatively quickly - then you can have the bypass reversed and start in on eating a full, healthy diet.

But for 99.9% of the population, the road to fitness is diet and exercise, not going under the knife. Why undergo surgery if you don't have to??

I know someone who had liposuction. She was sore for weeks - and within a couple of years, all the pounds had come right back. The plain and simple fact is that if you don't eat right, the pounds will come back, no matter what you do. So unless you're seriously, morbidly obese, a healthy diet and exercise is the way to go.