GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,310
1 members and 1,309 guests
LaneSig

Old 07-13-2013, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Oklahoma Thread!

Hey y'all! I do see OU information in threads, but nearly as much as SEC schools and UT. Lets use this thread to post helpful relevant information for recruitment at OU! Super excited for rush starting on Aug 7! I'm a PNM (hope its ok that I start this) and I have questions about pref dresses. Is it better to have black like in the rush manual or a colored dress? How dressy?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-13-2013, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh man, I'm an Okie native but never went to school in state... I'm just here to lurk. I'm not sure we have any OU actives on the board, actually.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Hithere112, I attended OSU, but my dad went to OU and i had several friends at OU in the greek system. They loved it! Best of luck to you! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Take great notes and post after ...not during.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hithere112 View Post
Hey y'all! I do see OU information in threads, but nearly as much as SEC schools and UT. Lets use this thread to post helpful relevant information for recruitment at OU! Super excited for rush starting on Aug 7! I'm a PNM (hope its ok that I start this) and I have questions about pref dresses. Is it better to have black like in the rush manual or a colored dress? How dressy?
I don't know any thing about OU. I think your question is valid on the pref dress. It seems to be one that is asked often and even I asked it on this board. There are 2 schools of thought on the color. Stay away from black or white and or don't. To answer how dressy I would want to know what time of day Pref is and what they say in the manual. Cocktail dress attire and afternoon wedding are 2 completely different looks.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

The manual that is online for OU greekmlife does not show black for pref for the PNMs..it shows two short dresses, both colored. Pref begins at 7 pm, and they say no sequins or beads...suit, dress, skirt/blouse.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah for OU! My husband and I did graduate school at OU, and we love Norman!

Just for info, here is the link where you can find the 2013 manual: http://www.ou.edu/content/studentlif...enic/join.html.

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
946 PNMs so far! I wont lie, I'm getting a little nervous! There are only 11 houses, will they increase quota if more girls go through than usual?
yes .. quota is (with one or two exceptions) based on the number of women who sign after preference. So if 900 sign cards with 11 chapters quota would be around 81 .. might be a little lower with "extra" women placed as quota additions. But everyone who plays by the rules and attends all parties and lists all chapters attended for preference will be extended a bid.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 PM

OU is quite competitive. Make sure you have recs!

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Play around with melt proof make up and hair. Dang it's hot in Oklahoma in August! I am so glad pref is at night..a little cooler. We had pref at night at OSU back in the day and it was a little less brutal than getting glammed up at high noon in 100 degree heat and then walking what felt like miles across campus. I know you will have so much fun!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter has several friends at OU and they absolutely love it there! OU has a great greek system, but it is competitive. You will need recs for every chapter and remember to keep an open mind. Every single chaper at OU is amazing! As another poster stated, it will be HOT! I always tell girls that are going through recruitment in the South to buy a small battery powered fan...trust me, you will be glad you did. Be sure to come back here and let us know how things are going! Good Luck!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a best friend going through recruitment at OU and she had an amazing first day! They're going to rank at 4:30 today.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Upperclassmen cuts were VERY tough today. I have a lot of options left though. Funny how emotionally invested I am. I didn't think it would be this hard!
Keep thinking positively and keep your mind open!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I will! I'm very excited for the opportunities I have!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is a freshman PNM and also had some tough cuts. She was only invited back to 4 houses out of 8, but did get asked back to her top two. She did not seem too upset, maybe a little anxious but overall calm. Fingers crossed for a good day for all the girls!

Last edited by MCHammer; 08-11-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Today is skit day and house tours! The PNM's can visit a max of 5 houses today.