GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,647
2 members and 1,645 guests
Sarak24034

Old 09-15-2002, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mmcline
Unhappy Horrible rush update

Here's my rush update.

My sorority didn't get any new girls. The other two sororities both got quota which was 10. We gave out snap bids but noone accepted. So right now, all of us are extremely upset. Half of the girls dropped out of recruitement and the ones that stayed through pref. the majority of them suiciding. So this isn't the best recruitement update, but my sorority will get through it hopefully it has brought us a lot closer.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

sweetheart I know what you are going through. I'll pm you!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. Please keep your heads up, and get a whole bunch of wonderful ladies through COB.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:44 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that. I can imagine what an awful feeling that must be.

Things can always turn around though...even if it isn't until next quarter, next semester, or next year! However, you can start now by holding your heads high and wearing your letters proud!

Greek Love

ps...I'm PMing you.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:12 PM

I'm really sorry to hear this, mmcline. It is just lousy news Even so, it's good to hear you and your sisters are even closer now. Best wishes for a great COR and stay proud of yourselves and AST.

Fraternally,
Christin
Old 09-15-2002, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Been there, done that!

mmcline,
I know how you're feeling, I've been in the same situation. Get together with your sisters and grieve it (cry, cuss, whatever. . .just do it privately please!), figure out what to do differently, then make some goals, form your game plan, and get going!! Don't let this make you lose that great AST spirit. Live our motto. . .those who want to live it to will find you through COB.

Contact your DP or other staff for some help. PM me if you need contact info.
Good Luck!!
Tau love to you,
PsychTau
Old 09-16-2002, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
We have a sorority with the same problem... I am so on their side and hoping that they get some fab. women - my old roomie was a sister there... Just think (my roomie told me this after my rushcrush didint come to our pref) If they dropped you - then you didnt need them anyway! Wonderful women will come your way!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH COBs!

(*PS, kind of the same prob with my honorary - our brother org - the only one were in competition with - last year handed out bids to 11 or so of the same people we did... and a day before we went out... we got a class of three, they got a class of 10 or so...)
Old 09-16-2002, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I'm sorry about your disappointing rush. I think that you should contact your chapter advisor or alumnae board and Headquarters. They will be there for you to help you resolve this situation. Don't wait until next semester. They can probably have a plan in place to help you immediately. That's what HQ is there to do.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:55 AM
GreekChat Member

mmcline, I am so sorry to hear this. When it happens to people I "feel" I know (even if it's just on a cyber level )
it just upsets me so much.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

mmcline:

Sorry to hear about your chapter not getting any girls. We've had a couple of dry spots in our past but we have gotten over it and so will you

Work on some COB events. Have an event where each one of your sisters brings a non-Greek friend. The best way to build your sorority is to invite girls to join who are already friends with active members.

Good luck!
Old 09-16-2002, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I know how disappointed you are and your chapter members are. But keep up that spirit and get started QUICKLY on a COR plan. And don't forget to set goals and rewards in that plan.

If you need some COR ideas PM me. I've got a slew!
Old 09-16-2002, 10:51 AM

Hey mmcline -

I know it sucks, but just go forward and COB your hearts out. It sounds like formal rush as a whole is not at its best if so many girls dropped out - you will probably do much better w/ COB. Good luck!
Old 09-16-2002, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AOX81
mmcline:
Work on some COB events. Have an event where each one of your sisters brings a non-Greek friend. The best way to build your sorority is to invite girls to join who are already friends with active members.

Good luck!
AGREED!!!

Sorry about your situation, that sux, but give me COB ANY DAY over NPC formal rush. At least you dont have to be all fake smiles and wear yourselves out trying to make a room / floor/ wing all pretty and a skit to grease thats been done about 500,000 times before. COB will give you the opportunity to actually meet the girls, spend tiem with them, and not have to have any of them forced into your chapter if you dont want, and also not have to decide weither you want them as YOUR LIFELONG SISTERS after knowing them for a total of 2 hours. HELLS YEAH COB. Any-freaking -day.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

If any of your sisters are in other organizations, why not plug your sorority and COB events? Friends in other organizations also are excellent canidates for COB'ing because you already know they are reliable.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:16 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this. My chapter has been there and done that - the year I was a rho chi, I was heartbroken to be the first AEPhi to hear that quota was 32 and we were only extending one bid... I kept thinking, if only someone else had been a PX in my stead, I could have brought at least one more person in. But the woman who joined us through FR was and is a great sister, and we COB'd our hearts out and got some more fantastic new members that year.

Take some time, do some sisterhood fun stuff, relax and regroup. Then, hit the ground running for COB.

Good luck!