GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,124
1 members and 1,123 guests
g41965

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2018, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it worth trying to rush again ?

I rushed for the first time as a sophomore, but Put in a suicide bid and didn't get in. My school has a few sororities, not usually competitive, out of all of them, there was one that I was under no circumstances willing to join. Lo and behold, I ended up with 2 bids for my pref, one from a sorority I was in love with, and one that I did not want at all.Long story short it, did not work out.
I know I'm responsible for it, but all I have for a long time is a place to call home and that is why I rushed. I am an international student and (I'm not exactly sorority type of pretty, I dont have long hair, I don't wear pretty dresses, I have a side shave and I don't love makeup) and I thought being in a sorority will make me feel a little bit like home. I am now a junior, and a lot has changed, Even though I still refuse to join that one sorority, should I try again or is it not worth rushing again looking at the results from last time.
I also got to a PWI, even though I wish it wasn't It is a factor that I think plays a role in decisions.