GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,029
0 members and 2,029 guests
No Members online

Old 05-15-2010, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
I feel like that badge is too much. I like opals, I like rubies, but that particular pattern is so unattractive it's just fug. Also, the heart doesn't appear to be very distinguishable.
I like the jewels on it, but you're right, even when you zoom in, it doesn't look like a hand or a heart.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-15-2010, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Anne View Post
Here it is:

ANOTHER one with the two-jewel chapter guards!! DI, my chapter, could be done very easily and well like this... why, oh, WHY don't they offer that option anymore? :-P

You're right; the hand and heart aren't clear enough. Plus, it's one of those hands that's practically squeezing all the life out of the heart rather than just grasping it gently... not such a fan.

I do, though, like the stones. I wouldn't put blue opals with rubies; I think they belong with sapphires, aquamarines, diamonds, or even emeralds--SOMETHING in the blue/green family. But definitely not rubies. And at $800, that's 1) extremely pricey, even by today's standards, and 2) WAY too much to pay for a badge that I personally wouldn't wear that often, or that I'd disassemble to use the stones in another badge (which I would also have to purchase).
Macon Magnolias
Old 05-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

For those who are wondering, I didn't get the opal with sapphire points ADPi pin. I did esnipe what I was willing to spend, but I had a meeting, and didn't get it. The only part I feel bad about that I think it went to a collector. There are two ADPi pins from 1916 & 1917 which are listed at less than that pin, and I think that historical is better in the long run.

Now, to hope that both of my little's twins don't want an opal pin...!
Old 05-16-2010, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
For those who are wondering, I didn't get the opal with sapphire points ADPi pin. I did esnipe what I was willing to spend, but I had a meeting, and didn't get it.
I was just going to ask!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, in other bad news, the big lot of sorority pins went to our friend The Listing Monkey. They'll show up again but they'll be extremely expensive.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Anne View Post
Well, in other bad news, the big lot of sorority pins went to our friend The Listing Monkey. They'll show up again but they'll be extremely expensive.
He just relisted an AOII badge for double what he paid about a month ago. Dang, monkey!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

TLM is who has THREE of good ADPi pins: an 1916 Standard, an 1917 minature, and a Standard with opals. They range from $299.99-$599.99. Even at $100.00 less a piece, they'd be within reasonable range.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerbear View Post
ANOTHER one with the two-jewel chapter guards!! DI, my chapter, could be done very easily and well like this... why, oh, WHY don't they offer that option anymore? :-P
ADPi offers pearl and colored stone guards. I wonder if members of other orgs can buy their guards.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
ADPi offers pearl and colored stone guards. I wonder if members of other orgs can buy their guards.
Perhaps not through ADPi, but certainly through their jeweler. Do you know, by any chance, what company that would be?
Macon Magnolias
Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerbear View Post
Perhaps not through ADPi, but certainly through their jeweler. Do you know, by any chance, what company that would be?
Its Herff Jones (pretty sure phi mu ses them and several others ) and yes we definately do offer alternating guards as several people have them in my chapter so not completely sure why we offer them and others don't. Perhaps it may be the same reason Phi Mu can put pink stones in their badges and we cant. BUt I'm not sure why it differs between orgs with the same jeweler.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
Since the guards aren't ordered from EO, but from Herff-Jones, I don't see why not.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADPiTigergurl View Post
Its Herff Jones (pretty sure phi mu ses them and several others ) and yes we definately do offer alternating guards as several people have them in my chapter so not completely sure why we offer them and others don't. Perhaps it may be the same reason Phi Mu can put pink stones in their badges and we cant. BUt I'm not sure why it differs between orgs with the same jeweler.
WOOHOO!!! Yes, Phi Mu uses HJ now. I must place a call to them...
Macon Magnolias
Old 05-18-2010, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OHNOITSJESS
Alpha Omega Epsilon Badge

in case you were wondering what our badges looked like This is the basic one everyone got for initiation.

We have 2 other options for non International board members: chased border or sapphire points. Board members earn the right to wear the crown sapphire badge or (i believe) get to design their own badges if they wish (AOEforMe correct me if i'm wrong). HJ has bad quality pictures up of the Chased, Point and Crown Sapphire badges and i have yet to run into those
Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNOITSJESS View Post
in case you were wondering what our badges looked like This is the basic one everyone got for initiation.

We have 2 other options for non International board members: chased border or sapphire points. Board members earn the right to wear the crown sapphire badge or (i believe) get to design their own badges if they wish (AOEforMe correct me if i'm wrong). HJ has bad quality pictures up of the Chased, Point and Crown Sapphire badges and i have yet to run into those
Nice, Jess...and I like your wheat penny!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-18-2010, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Okay, so here is my newest addition to my collection:

It's from 1956 and our oldest remaining chapter, Omicron at the University of Tennessee. When I showed it to our Past International President, Ginger Banks, this weekend, she commented that it was just like her initiation badge that she had lost traveling as a Chapter Consultant her first year out of college!

This next badge belongs to my advisee. It is her grandmother's badge and has also been worn by two of her aunts. She thought that her grandmother was initiated at a chapter in New York, but after looking at the back, I was able to tell her that her grandmother was actually initiated at Florida Southern University in 1936.

I am only a few pages through this awesome thread but wanted to ask what chapter was on the back of the pin you mention above - only because I think it may have been Florida state university (Alpha PI ) not Florida southern -(Kappa gamma) as Kappa gamma - Florida Southern was not founded till 1946 and Florida State (Alpha Pi) was definitely aruond in 36 -as my grandmother was initiated in 39 - And actually in 1936 it would have been Florida State College for Women - just some fun facts for you