GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,432
2 members and 1,430 guests
naraht, Sen's Revenge

Old 04-20-2015, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

So I had no idea this was really going on yesterday till one of my sisters/roomate told me about her ordering a dress online around 3-4am (I was at my schools relay for life event during this time)

After sleeping in, another sister that lives with me and went with another sister to the target near school. She said it was of course crazy, she got some good stuff though! but basically she had to bargain/trade with other people to get what she wanted!

The sister that ordered online and me decided to go to a further target from school just to see if anything was still there. They still had stuff! we checked the return area near the fitting rooms and the lady showed us what she had left. I ended up with a dress and my sister ended up with shorts. We said it was the best spontaneous trip we've done this year

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-20-2015, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Interesting read! I always thought that those stores kind of just carried more of their "basics" and not so much their trendier stuff. Like for example, my nearest Coach factory store tends to have a lot more of the plain stuff rather than any of the new lines.

Now that you mention it though, one of my first "big" treats to myself from my first paycheck out of college was a bag I got at a Coach factory story. It did not have a long life as the the lining started tearing out after about a year. I have been using this Anne Klein bag that was approximately half the price of the Coach factory one for about 4 years and it's still in great shape. Never thought it could have something to do with it being a factory purchase.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^If it is a Coach bag/purse, take it back. They have a lifetime guarantee and will take anything back (well just about anything, I had no luck with the bag my puppy chewed). What's for sale in the outlet stores may not be the top of the line bags but I have never had any problems with any of my purchases in either retail or outlet stores.

I just returned an unused bag with tags that I bought two years ago. Got full refund. Coach has a great customer service department/policies.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 04-20-2015, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Benzgirl, Coach is not cited in the article you linked to on buzzfeed.
I read the article and there was one, short line mentioned 2/3 of the way through: "Coach and high-end luggage maker Tumi have said 85% of their outlet goods are made-for-factory."

True and Constant
Old 04-20-2015, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

A few years ago I was in NYC and fell in love with a Coach black leather backpack purse. Passed on it since it was pricy. Several months later I found the exact purse at a nearby outlet. I've had it for over 10 years and the quality is still going strong.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
I read the article and there was one, short line mentioned 2/3 of the way through: "Coach and high-end luggage maker Tumi have said 85% of their outlet goods are made-for-factory."

Thanks, I missed that (obviously). I'll contact Coach for verification.

ETA: you will find regular items at the Coach outlet, as well as items that may have been made for the factory outlet (long story, that's the condensed version).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 04-20-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:45 PM

There was an article similar to this in Allure around 20 years ago. The problem is there are just too damn many outlet malls. But FWIW, I like Gap Outlet about a zillion times more than regular Gap (as my closet shows).
Old 04-21-2015, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post

Perhaps the facts in the article may be true for other retailers.
It's definitely true of Banana Republic and Michael Kors. The BR Outlet tags even sometimes say something like "compared to similar style" to point out the "savings". Last year I stopped by a Michael Kors outlet (while shopping at the Banana outlet ) to ask a repair question about my bag, and the sales clerks said that because my bag was part of their standard line, I'd have to go to a regular store to find out. The two stores carry totally different merchandise. FYI- they'll give you a hard time about repair work if you've purchased your item anywhere besides an MK store, like a department store.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
FWIW, I like Gap Outlet about a zillion times more than regular Gap (as my closet shows).
Yes
Old 04-21-2015, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
There was an article similar to this in Allure around 20 years ago. The problem is there are just too damn many outlet malls. But FWIW, I like Gap Outlet about a zillion times more than regular Gap (as my closet shows).
That's how I feel about J.Crew Factory.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
I like Ann Taylor and LOFT outlets a zillion times better than their regular stores as well

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 04-21-2015, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

i live in the J Crew Factory/ BR outlets. lol.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Just bumping...anyone going to the warehouse sale in Pennsylvania?
Old 06-03-2015, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I happen to be in a target two weeks after the first day. It was the day you had to take back your items as they only gave a 14 day window. So I was able to get the LP4T pineapple shaped chip and dip set and a bunch of lip glosses. I was so happy about lip glosses because after I tried the one that I purchased on the first day of LP4T and absolutely loved it, then was mad at myself for only buying one! I was at target last week in LA and they still had hammock holders, a beach umbrella and a few sets of the gold outdoor string lights.

While I am nowhere near Pennsylvania to go to the warehouse sale, any info on it to share?
Old 06-03-2015, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I desperately wish I could attend the warehouse sale, since this is the last year that they're doing it, but I can't. My understanding is that the deals aren't much better than the two online sales Lilly holds unless you're looking for samples, but it still sounds like a fun event to experience.