GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,134
2 members and 1,132 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 09-06-2014, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Yup. Shouldn't we have a "girls only venting" thread? None of the girls misinterpreted my comments.

But then, I find it interesting to hear a male perspective. Even when I think they're silly.

And editing again, this just popped onto my facebook. I was accused of some of these just today!
http://www.examiner.com/article/book...canWomenSubPar

Last edited by DubaiSis; 09-06-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Banned

I don't know what the girls thought () but as a woman, I agree with tld221's comment and my follow-up comment. I think every human is silly and has some "shit with them". The key is getting past people's stage act and seeing them for who they are--good and bad.

KAPPAcino doesn't represent a man's perspective. And I don't think a man's perspective is substantially different from a woman's perspective. Same shit, sometimes different toilet, but still the same shit.

Last edited by DrPhil; 09-06-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Banned

LOL. That author is entitled to his opinion. The problem comes when people are unwilling to engage in discourse and attempt to force others to comply with their opinion.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes. The guy who was trying to get at me today would agree with that completely. He said that I should try women, since I CLEARLY want to be a man. And yet, he didn't stop trying to get at me.

But I did find out there is a word for me - sapiophile.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Banned

Let me guess, he had a narrow view of manhood and womanhood that required women to be docile and subservient.

I learned a new word. If only "intelligence" was less subjective than everything else.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

ding ding ding! We have a winner. One of those guys where 30 seconds in you can figure out he's a loser - racist, homophobe, anti-woman, all around small town Kansas douche. And yet somehow thinks I'm gonna go - ok, sure, come on over. While I'm recovering from colon resection surgery. Why not?

And my version of smart is pinhead smart. Big Bang Theory smart. Ok, not Walowitz. But the others!

Last edited by DubaiSis; 09-07-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:39 AM
Banned

You know that intelligence and smart aren't the same.

I would never be attracted to a man who talked or acted like any of the men in The Big Bang Theory. LOL.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
lol
Hilarious! I am laughing so hard at what I highlighted in bold. But they're like that because many women and men continue to make mistakes with the opposite sex, and then blame the opposite sex for their own poor choices. This is why I believe that many of the things we regret are things that could have been avoided if a little more time had been taken to ponder the course of our actions or simply get enough information to make an informed decision.

But, I hear ya, Phrozen. I've never been on any dating sites for the very reasons that you mentioned. They're not for everyone. But, I've heard just as many good stories as horror stories about people who met in person as I have from people who met on dating sites. Therefore, I think it's safe to conclude that wisdom must guide you no matter how or where you meet someone. Just keep in mind that initially, people only present what they want you to see, and this can be even easier in the virtual world of technology. Just make sure that you do your homework, and use "time" as your best friend. And don't forget that dating does not mean mating. It should be a specific season in the relationship designated for gathering information.

And look at you! You found a potential church home. This is wonderful news. Good for you! See, you're getting out more, and meeting people. Jackson isn't so boring after all. Well, as a general rule, like I always say, those who wait for others to entertain them only seem boring to those who have the ability to entertain. So make yourself interesting. Jackson is only going to be as interesting as you make it. Right?
Hahahahaha! I was only speaking the truth. Some of these women had some miles on them with the dating sites. I could tell, because they were so untrusting, which I understood to a degree, but some if it made me feel like what's the point of us dating if your gaurd is up like that? Talk about damaged.

Thanks CG, I'm looking to join next Sunday. I like the pastor, and the congregation. I agree with you. I am going to take my time instead of moving to quickly into something that isn't going to go anywhere. I learned my lesson from rushing in with the last one.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
None of the girls misinterpreted my comments.
What makes you so sure of that? Looks like AGDee is the only girl (based on the posts I read from all the girls) who understands where you're coming from, and she seems just as messed up as you are, but with more experience.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAcino View Post
What makes you so sure of that? Looks like AGDee is the only girl (based on the posts I read from all the girls) who understands where you're coming from, and she seems just as messed up as you are, but with more experience.
If some of the other women in this thread had the reaction I did, then they likely don't feel the need to comment, especially not to argue with someone about what their own personal experiences are or should be. Most of us have been on GC a long time so we know how Dubaisis generally presents herself and can tell between a venting session or something more indicative of who she might be outside of this board. Furthermore, I really don't think you want to start talking about who is "messed up" in this thread but if you wanna walk around butt naked in that glass house of yours, go for it.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks. This particular thread is a small group. I didn't think I needed to do a full dating history, which is wildly uninteresting, based on the other information I have presented across other threads. But I have wisely been reminded that things are not always clear in print and you do have to hit the nail a bit more squarely on the head if you want to be sure to be understood.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Banned

Okay, StealthMode, I see you!

I think most GCers don't come to this thread (or any thread, really) looking for answers to life's issues. Unless stated otherwise, GCers can figure it out without the help of usernames.

But I do recommend checking out those 48 Laws. It'll make you drop your jaws...draws...claws...paws...nawwwww....
Old 09-07-2014, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ ^^^
Old 09-08-2014, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

So we've gotten the thoughts about DubaiSis' comments on men from the women who post over here. So far we've gotten comments from AGDee, StealthMode, DrPhil (honorary man lol)

and... Wait. There's still one more woman... We still haven't heard from.....
http://youtu.be/bLw4fcKFTtY

lol
Old 09-08-2014, 01:22 AM
Banned

DuBaiSiS, I guess some people do find calling a woman an "honorary man" a joke or jab. Whatever makes sense to them.