GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Beta Tau
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,311
1 members and 2,310 guests
No Members online

Old 10-31-2007, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Policy on Former Fraternity Members

Hey just wondering what ZBT's policy on former fraternity members is? They're trying to start a chapter at my school and I am a SigEp but I've met the ZBT guys like them, have had a hard time fitting in, in my chapter of SigEp was strongly considering making the switch but does ZBT allow this? If you know anything about SigEp then you know there's three rituals and I haven't been through the last one so I don't know all of SigEp's secrets if that has any affect. I know this probably makes me sound like a bad fraternity brother for asking this, so if people wanna know more about my reasons for bringing this up feel free to ask. Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-26-2007, 03:21 AM
GreekChat Member

You have to be released from your National. I know ZBT grants releases to certain individuals (our policy regarding releases was created when we eliminated pledging), but you would have to check with SigEp's policy. I know SigEp also technically eliminated pledging, so there may be some hope for you as well.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn710 View Post
Hey just wondering what ZBT's policy on former fraternity members is? They're trying to start a chapter at my school and I am a SigEp but I've met the ZBT guys like them, have had a hard time fitting in, in my chapter of SigEp was strongly considering making the switch but does ZBT allow this? If you know anything about SigEp then you know there's three rituals and I haven't been through the last one so I don't know all of SigEp's secrets if that has any affect. I know this probably makes me sound like a bad fraternity brother for asking this, so if people wanna know more about my reasons for bringing this up feel free to ask. Thanks!

I am just curious, since your handle is Brooklyn710 I am assuming that you attend a school in New York? Is the school New York University? That is the only new interest group that formed this semester in NY. I know future expansion sites in NY are LIU-CW Post, Union College, SUNY-New Paltz, SUNY-Fredonia, SUNY-Oneota, CUNY-Baruch.

If you are truely interested in making the switch from SigEp to ZBT, you need to contact SigEp national office and inquire about the policy of termination of membership. As ZBTECH stated, since SigEp also eliminated pledging from their membership, they would probably have the same policy as ZBT.

And THANK YOU for your interest in ZBT. I hope everything works out well for you.

ZBT: "Inspiring today's college men to become leaders of tomorrow."