GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,010
0 members and 1,010 guests
No Members online

Old 04-13-2005, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

why am I lonely? I was cleaining out my wallet and found SOME ONE's number [there is sort of weirdness now] I still couldn't throw it away, even her handwriting is pretty. I'd make a really great boyfriend.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by HBADPi
Speaking of lawyers, I do have to vouch for their lack of knowledge/ability. Summer '04 fling was a lawyer...was able to improve his kissing skills but thats as far as it got. He prided himself in his "abilities" which I will state were not as good as he thought. At one point he told me "but all the other girls I've been with never said anything." Sigh oh darling, just because we dont tell you doesnt mean we dont have the right to be dissatified.
Oh, did we date the same guy, I wonder? Note to self: If I ever happen to talk to this cat again, make sure to tell him that divulging the information that he has slept with "over 50" (because he apparently lost count) people and then demanding that his girlfriends have been with less than 5 people or he'll think she's a whore is really ridiculous.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBaby80
Note to self: If I ever happen to talk to this cat again, make sure to tell him that divulging the information that he has slept with "over 50" (because he apparently lost count) people and then demanding that his girlfriends have been with less than 5 people or he'll think she's a whore is really ridiculous.
Okay I actually got into a conversation about this with a guy last night. He thinks that if a girl has been with more than 5 guys that most guys would think she's slutty, but "in this day and age over 10 is a lot". I'm sorry, when did 10 get to be alot??? Sure, 10 is a lot if you're saving yourself for marriage but in any other situation I really don't see 10 as that many for a person in their mid-twenties. If I met a guy that had been with 10-ish girls I wouldn't even think twice about it!!!! WTF???
Old 04-13-2005, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

The only attorney I ever dated turned out to be engaged to someone else and was marathon dating on the side.. like, he cheated on his fiancee 16 times over 2 years! He did know how to kiss though.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
UGH UGH UGH the boy called and I'm talking to him right now and why do I do this to myself and where is my support group when I need it?
AAHHH!!!
SORRY!! I SUCK AT SUPPORTING!!
I'm writing a paper on dioxin while I drink craberry and vodka. It might be an interesting paper, depending on how many drinks I go through.

If nothing bad happened (as we can tell from your later post) then its okay. Even if you feel like its unhealthy. You realize that. Its becomes unhealthy when you think everything is perfectly normal and do stalkerish things like stumble onto his myspace profile and automatically hate all the girls who leave comments.

Oh shit, I'm doing down hill fast.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Banned

I'm right there with you Miss Dolphin DoubleD. I'm writing thank you letters to clients and their reps while drinking warm Sake. I feel the plunge coming real soon. I give it an hour before I'm wanting to go out.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
HAHAHA, DolphinChica, I used to do that too (first draft, anyway.) My biggest problem was always getting the damn words on paper. Once I had a 5 page paper I could edit it up to 10, no problem. But getting it there was rough.

Had to turn off auto-spellcheck though. Damn red squiggles.

S&S, when we were little my dad used to make us tell telemarketers he was dead. Really little -- as in, 5 year old voice on the phone and I'm sure you could clearly hear an adult coaching them in the background. What do you think of something like that for a new stance for you? Maybe don't tell him you're dead though. Maybe just tell him you went lesbian or something.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
why did i have a 2nd date with you if i really don't see the sparks? and why did that line "well your kids need you to be fresh tomorrow' send me on my way home but yet I'm still awake??? why am I always on a date when the Yankees play Boston and they lose???
Old 04-15-2005, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: In the deep south (and there's no place I'd rather be)
i f'en hate men right now. all of them,. they are all thesame. and i'mabout to IM the ex's (?) best friend to find out why the fukc the boy ahsn't talked to me in a week or so. whey do i feel liek this is goona be bad idea?
Old 04-15-2005, 04:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CUGreekgirl
i f'en hate men right now. all of them,. they are all thesame. and i'mabout to IM the ex's (?) best friend to find out why the fukc the boy ahsn't talked to me in a week or so. whey do i feel liek this is goona be bad idea?
Sigh...no offense here but you really should consider reading the book "He's just not that into you"...something tells me it might help you out a lot.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: In the deep south (and there's no place I'd rather be)
i've already read that book like twice.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Then just stop calling boys or something. Maybe it's just the way you post, but you come across as desperate and very needy. Which guys don't usually like.

TRUST me, if they're interested, they do allllllllllll the legwork. As any girl who's had a pseudo stalker can tell you.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

gotta agree with HotDamn

On another note, I might be having a just not that into HIM kinda moment. Or it could also be due to me PMSing and him being out of town all week. He's good looking, funny, intelligent, attractive, we have chemistry and a good time together, he calls when he says he will... but i'm having "i don't know" thoughts... oh well, let it work itself out
Old 04-15-2005, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani

On another note, I might be having a just not that into HIM kinda moment. Or it could also be due to me PMSing and him being out of town all week. He's good looking, funny, intelligent, attractive, we have chemistry and a good time together, he calls when he says he will... but i'm having "i don't know" thoughts... oh well, let it work itself out
I've been experiencing the same thing lately. I've decided that it's because i'm not used to guys actually doing what they say they're going to do, calling when they say they're going to call, etc. There's no drama when a guy behaves like he's supposed to. Which, apparently for me, means "i'm not sure" about him.
One of my friends gave me really good advice on this, she pointed out that you're not supposed to be sure yet...that's why you're dating, to see if you might be sure. I'm giving mine time and I agree it will work itself out.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OtterXO
I've been experiencing the same thing lately. I've decided that it's because i'm not used to guys actually doing what they say they're going to do, calling when they say they're going to call, etc. There's no drama when a guy behaves like he's supposed to. Which, apparently for me, means "i'm not sure" about him.
One of my friends gave me really good advice on this, she pointed out that you're not supposed to be sure yet...that's why you're dating, to see if you might be sure. I'm giving mine time and I agree it will work itself out.
lol, we are so on the same page. And i'm finding myself trying to find something to create drama about... and I know i'm doing it! Lol. Like last night when we talked I asked what was up with this weekend, and he didn't know yet (can't blame him, being out of town). I was so irritated by it. Which is stupid b/c he hasn't let me down yet and I know i'll see him. Lol. And i'm telling myself to stop being an idiot.

And just like you, i'm not used to guys doing what they say.