GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 737
3 members and 734 guests
LarryByday

Old 05-13-2012, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip86 View Post
Banned? That seems a bit harsh.. though I don't know what he actually called me.
Personal attacks = TOS violation = BAN

I don't follow every member or thread on GC so I don't catch all the drama. It REALLY HELPS if GC members REPORT TOS violations so we can do what we're supposed to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAntoftheSkyX View Post
I feel like when it comes to banning users, mods are patient the first time and make sure the person deserves it in their eyes. If the person creates subsequent accounts and acts the same way that got them banned in the first place, the mods are less than forgiving. Remember what happened with other repeat offenders on this board?

Speaking for myself as a mod, if people are disagreeing without name-calling, etc, not a problem. It's when members take it personal and then name calling starts, personal attacks and so forth begin, then there is a obvious problem and someone will get banned. I don't read EVERY SINGLE post on GC. Takes too long and I don't have that kind of time. The SPAM alone is a pain in the ass.
We can not control the interwebz and who registers on GC and/or how many times a banned (or not banned) person creates accounts. I don't play favorites and try to be as fair as I possibly can.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-13-2012, 07:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
Speaking for myself as a mod, if people are disagreeing without name-calling, etc, not a problem. It's when members take it personal and then name calling starts, personal attacks and so forth begin, then there is a obvious problem and someone will get banned. I don't read EVERY SINGLE post on GC. Takes too long and I don't have that kind of time. The SPAM alone is a pain in the ass.
We can not control the interwebz and who registers on GC and/or how many times a banned (or not banned) person creates accounts. I don't play favorites and try to be as fair as I possibly can.
Thanks for the explanation
Old 05-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation
YW

(back to topic at hand)
Old 05-15-2012, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey, what ever happened to that Zantac guy who used to post in this thread? He was kind of funny.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Anyway, I'm being hit on at work by this chick called "Poo Poo". I shit you not...

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 05-15-2012, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Anyway, I'm being hit on at work by this chick called "Poo Poo". I shit you not...
Old 05-15-2012, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Hey, what ever happened to that Zantac guy who used to post in this thread? He was kind of funny.
Heeeeey you, welcome back! He got banned for the....well, I can't count that high, but he didn't come back.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 05-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
I guess I'm the one he called a bitch?
I did, but I squashed it.

Quote:
I2K Beta Mu... calling someone a bitch is verbal abuse.
And telling somebody to "shut the hell up" is also verbal abuse.

Quote:
There's so much you don't know about life and relationships, and you don't know what's going on in the minds of others.
And you do?

Quote:
YOU don't know what YOU would do, because you haven't been there.
I have. It was hell. ..
I do know what I would do, because I have been there, and endured 7-8 years of the shit. I've also done what I said I would do. Don't act like you're the only person on this board who's been through the shit and nobody else has. Watching my mom get her ass beat as a kid still has the same lasting affect on getting your ass beat yourself. Don't get the shit twisted.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota Man View Post
Watching my mom get her ass beat as a kid still has the same lasting affect on getting your ass beat yourself. Don't get the shit twisted.
That one word throws it off. Both events are horrible (possibly traumatic) and both have lasting effects but they are not the same. Hear me on this: That does not mean that what YOU have experienced is any less meaningful or had any less effect on your life. That is absolutely not what I'm saying, I promise. But I think saying that witnessing an awful car accident is "just the same" as being in one really demeans the experience of the person who is battered and beaten up from the crash. Just curious, if you told your mom that how you felt watching her go through that was just as bad as how she felt living it, how do you think she would respond?

I was actually hoping you'd come back because I never got to tell you what I thought about the movie. First of all: Baby Boy was ghettohotmess.com. I mean, that mess was GHETTOTASTIC. But I still liked it lol. The two of them put the fun in dysfunction. It was hilarious to watch those two hollering at each other and I think I was laughing at things that weren’t even meant to be funny—it was that ridiculous. Parts of it even went in line with the last few pages of this thread. I thought Yvette was hella dumb for staying with Jody when he treated her so badly and could not for the life of me figure out why she didn’t just leave. Ironically, the sex scene (which was also crazy and over the top ) was the thing that showed me the most about her. Going beyond the physical, I could see how the way he held her right up against him probably had her in heaven. He told her he loved her, he wasn’t leaving her…he gave her reassurance on every insecurity she had. I think I stopped judging her right there (and didn’t realize I had been until that moment). I still didn’t agree with her decision to stay as long as she did (or with how much she disrespected him back), but if those were the gold nuggets she found sifting through the mess, I totally got why she stayed in it. But I cheered like crazy when she finally left him—that was my favorite part of the whole thing.

ETA: This Tyrese video is old but I just saw it last night. It reminds me of Yvette and Jody all grown up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swTjmWQa4IY

Last edited by christiangirl; 05-15-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Welcome back.
Thanks. I read ol girl's post. I see the rules, now.

Quote:
That one word throws it off. Both events are horrible (possibly traumatic) and both have lasting effects but they are not the same.
I'm talking "same" as in not necessarily the same shit, but having a lasting effect on both people in the same way as in "that shit isn't ever going to be erased from memory".

Quote:
Just curious, if you told your mom that how you felt watching her go through that was just as bad as how she felt living it, how do you think she would respond?
It depends on the mom. My mom felt worse for us than she did for herself. You can't say all abused moms are going to think the same way when it comes to their kids. I believe a lot put their kids first. My mom did.

Quote:
I was actually hoping you'd come back because I never got to tell you what I thought about the movie. First of all: Baby Boy was ghettohotmess.com. I mean, that mess was GHETTOTASTIC. But I still liked it lol. The two of them put the fun in dysfunction. It was hilarious to watch those two hollering at each other and I think I was laughing at things that weren’t even meant to be funny—it was that ridiculous. Parts of it even went in line with the last few pages of this thread. I thought Yvette was hella dumb for staying with Jody when he treated her so badly and could not for the life of me figure out why she didn’t just leave. Ironically, the sex scene (which was also crazy and over the top ) was the thing that showed me the most about her. Going beyond the physical, I could see how the way he held her right up against him probably had her in heaven. He told her he loved her, he wasn’t leaving her…he gave her reassurance on every insecurity she had. I think I stopped judging her right there (and didn’t realize I had been until that moment). I still didn’t agree with her decision to stay as long as she did (or with how much she disrespected him back), but if those were the gold nuggets she found sifting through the mess, I totally got why she stayed in it. But I cheered like crazy when she finally left him—that was my favorite part of the whole thing.
LOL I feel you. I liked it, too, but did you check out the ending? It's been a minute since I last saw the movie, but they made it look like they were going to live a future happy life. My thoughts on that was they were probably cool that day, but it would eventually be the same shit after that LOL.

Their relationship reminded me of this couple's relationship. When I saw this movie, I knew their relationship was foul as hell within the first 20 minutes of the movie LOL. Check it out.
http://youtu.be/Kc3qvqgAol0

Quote:
ETA: This Tyrese video is old but I just saw it last night. It reminds me of Yvette and Jody all grown up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swTjmWQa4IY
CTFU! This is some funny ass shit LOL! I didn't know dude could sing, though. Females get into that shit. All dude gotta do is sing to her, and she'll forget all about the negative shit LOL.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm talking "same" as in not necessarily the same shit, but having a lasting effect on both people in the same way as in "that shit isn't ever going to be erased from memory".
See, THAT'S a completely different statement than the one you made ealier. This, I agree with 100%.
Quote:
LOL I feel you. I liked it, too, but did you check out the ending? It's been a minute since I last saw the movie, but they made it look like they were going to live a future happy life. My thoughts on that was they were probably cool that day, but it would eventually be the same shit after that
Yeah, the ending was definitely unrealistic but I guess that's why it's a movie.

How did you NOT know Tyrese was a singer?! That is as shocking to me as when you found out I'd never seen the movie. And I can't really talk since I am into guys who sing....oh well. I'll give you that one.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
That is seriously part of the reason I stay good friends w/ and hang out w/ my ex. He still does all the little (and big) things that drive me @#$%ing insane. I'm sure he feels the same way. We get along super on the phone but you can't have a love partnership only on the phone.
I knew I said this before in this thread. So I'm quoting myself and saying again, stay friends with your ex, so you can be reminded of why they pissed you off.

Thank you so much for telling me I'm bossy/won't shut up/getting pissed that I word vomited when I clearly showed I DIDN'T want to talk by texting you instead.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Banned

It's quiet as hell over here LOL. Some of the main mofos who post over here bounced.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It's quiet as hell over here LOL. Some of the main mofos who post over here bounced.
A couple of them are on vacation.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I have a D&R Random:

My husband just got on Facebook about 4 months ago. He's not very computer savvy in general, and is pretty clueless about Facebook "etiquette". He's mostly learning from his brother who is not only also not computer savvy, but recently separated from his wife and on the hunt. The result is them friending all kinds of girls with the stupid "dress like a skank and take a booty pic in the mirror" profile pics. Not gonna lie, it kinda makes me crazy, but not as much in a jealous way as in a "I don't want people to think that these are the kind of people my husband actually associates with" kinda way. I'd say something, but I'm sure he'd throw it back at me that I have a ridic amount of FB friends that I probably shouldn't have (people I've met one time at acting gigs and such). In my defense, I know how to use the privacy settings.