GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,622
3 members and 1,619 guests
g41965, PGD-GRAD, Sister Havana

Old 10-18-2001, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Work Vent

Hey everyone! Okay, I have a question for all the "workers"--do any of you have problems with people that just won't ever do anything more that what is expected? For example, one of my tasks is to keep our photo library in order( I work for an advertizing agency). And its in really SIMPLE order--like alphabetical. And it is 5 STEPS from my desk. But people, even though they see I am swamped, will leave a STACK of photo's on my desk. And when I broach the possibility of them filing them for me, the response is "well, isn't that part of your job". I just get so frustrated with people that cannot look outside of the box and do something new and HELP!! Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-18-2001, 02:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
And I just heard on the radio that after all that has happen, everyone is suppose to be nicer and more considerate/helpful.....

There are unfortunately people who try to get away with the least amount possible of work. The good news is - they make you look good because when you go on vacation.... your work place is missing the "doer" who gets it all done and trust me, the boss sees it!

But, we all need to vent so feel free- I am the putz here who is surrounded by tons of people who not only will not waste a calorie to go the extra step but will try to push off as much work as they can on someone else. I will listen