GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Kappa

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 318,298
Threads: 114,848
Welcome to our newest member, NealTeel7
» Online Users: 523
0 members and 523 guests
No Members online

Old 10-01-2004, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquastar
got a little today ... shes super cute ... but I dont think shes too thrilled to be my little

and on a side note, our EVP got hit in the head with a metal box (like a file box) as it fell out of our ritual closet ... no good (shes alright though)

Ah, give her a chance! I'm sure she'll come around!

(Hope your EVP is okay!!!)
Old 10-01-2004, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

It's o.k. My heart sis probably feels the same way. I found out she was telling all the other girls that I was a hermit & why couldn't she have someone who likes to go out. Oh well.
I'm not going to let it bother me b/c in a way, she's got a point though I think it's in bad taste & not very respectful to be talking about any actives this way.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

We have COB'd 4 awesome ladies so we are now up to 29. We need one more for quota so we're working hard!

Our chapter raised more than $2000.00 for our Memory Walk so we're exceedingly proud that our efforts will make a difference.

My Dodgers lost.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
great job! i know you'll get the last girl you need.
well i start my new job tomorrow with Petland. tomorrow and most of next week will be dedicated to cleaning up after the construction and getting products into the store and set up. i'm excited though. i'm tired of sitting at home bored out of my mind with no money to go do anything.
also, started scrapbooking this past week. never thought i'd be one to scrapbook, but it happened. i'm doing an album for my brother's wedding from a few years ago. yeah, i'm a slacker about it, but oh well.

shelley j
sigma k

ps - i'm probably going to go back and re-scrapbook my sigma kappa stuff too. that's going to be a huge task.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I love graduate school but miss my old school a lot! It has been lots of fun but I am frustrated since I have tried unsuccessfully to join the alumni chapter in my area. I think mostly it's due to misscomunication.

I am so jealous when I see the active girls on my campus (there is a chapter here)! I don't want to approach them because I'm a graduate teacher and have one of the new members as a student. Besides I wouldn't know what to say really.

It's such a drop in activity level from last year that I am having a hard time adjusting. Hopefully it wil get better, I am going to the corp board meeting this weekend at the house. Wish me luck!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GVSUsigkap
Smile

Hey girls, I am new to this and still trying to figure it all out. I am a Sigma Kappa at GVSU and we just took 18 new members putting us at 69 which is 9 over total! We are so excited and our new women are so pumped. I am so happy!
Old 10-09-2004, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
yea for my birthday today! i'm 23. . .damn i feel old!

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 10-09-2004, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

yeah!!! another oct. baby!!! happy b-day!!! my 25th b-day is on the 22nd. now that's getting old. lol.
ok, so i started my new job..........not liking it so far. i'm going to like it much better once we have the store open and going. right now i'm doing a lot of cleaning, carrying boxes, unpacking, stocking, etc. i've decided i'm too much of a princess to be doing it. lol! i don't do manual labor.
anyhow, that's about it for me this week. i'll let you know when it gets better.

shelley j
sigma k

ps - oh yeah, i got charged $5 for accidently breaking a glass at a mexican restaurant yesterday. went in today and told the owner i wanted my money back b/c that was ridiculous. he agreed and gave it back. man was i steamin' hot last night though. i was ready to call INS on them, tell the bank to stop payment, whatever. have i mentioned i have a bad temper
Old 10-09-2004, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

i would have edited my last post to add this, but it's too important to just throw in as an edit.

I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!!!

that's right. my brother just called and told me that my sister-in-law is pregnant. she's due may 28 and i'm beside myself i'm so excited.

shelley j
sigma k

ps - maybe they'll have a potential legacy. hmmmmm.....
Old 10-10-2004, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 10-10-2004, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

We just had our sisterhood retreat & I had fun. There was some amazing bonding going on. YAY!
Old 10-31-2004, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to thermobryan
Quote:
Originally posted by CASIGKAP
CASIGKAP is being retired.

No more getting into trouble.
Bye all! Nice knowing you guys. Perhaps I'll still drop in once in a while to check up on ya. Laters!
Hey, do you work with my sister?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kallima
I got a kitten!

School is still sucking... I'm still lonely all the time...
But I adopted a kitten last week... so at least I have someone to talk to now.
Is it bad that the only way I could go to the chapters potluck dinner last night was if I brought my kitten? I knew that they would pay attention to her and then in turn me... if I didn't bring her they probably would have ignored me...
There were a lot of things about last night that bothered me. No one stood up when I got there... I wasn't introduced to the new girls (I don't think I should HAVE to be the one to do that, especially in a big group setting like that). I still feel like the sisters roll their eyes when they see me... at least some of them anyway...
The CMC thanked me for coming, so that was a positive... but without the kitten I wouldn't have survived the hour and fifteen minutes I spent there...
Is that horrible of me? Its so hard being so loyal to the sorority itself, but at the same time being so hurt by the chapter I joined... last semester the only thing I could think about was how many days until I went through order... other people probably would have just withdrawn, but I love being a Sigma Kappa.... even if I don't feel like I fit in with my chapter.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

i totally understand where you are coming from hon. congrats on the new kitten. honestly i think you need to start moving away from the collegiate chapter and more towards the alumnae chapter. is there an alumnae chapter nearby? i know for me, when i graduated i really wanted to stay involved, but felt weird when i was with the collegiate chapter. like i didn't fit in anymore. i at least had sisters talk to me, but i had to initiate a lot of conversation. that wasn't much of a problem for me cuz i'm a big talker.
now i'm the alumnae collegiate liason for my alumnae chapter and really enjoy it. i still get to work with the collegiate chapter, but i definately get more respect and feel more established as my role in sigma kappa where as before i was just drifting along as a recent alumnae.
hope that helps a bit. pm me if you want.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 11-05-2004, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

oh yeah, guess i could post about what's going on with me right now as well.
so i've been working at my new job at Petland. now that i'm not sick with pneumonia, i'm really enjoying it. although i really needed my day off (which was today). since we just opened about a week ago, it's been really crazy hours and stuff. today is my first day off in two weeks. and of course, me being such an animal lover, said i'd take home a sick lil papillon puppy to help nurse her last night. that means up for feeding every three hours. well, didn't go so well. i ended up having to take her to the emergency vet at 2am b/c she was having hypoglycemic seizures. so not only did i work a full day at work, i didn't get to sleep much more than about three hours all night. sadly, the lil pup had to be put down today. the vets determined that she was going into kidney failure and wouldn't live much more than about 6 months if she even survived that long. so as sad as that is, i comfort myself with knowing that i gave her lots and lots of love for the last few hours of her short lil life.
i ended up sleeping almost all day to recover. i'm not young anymore. i can't do these all nighters like i used to.
so now i'm off to dinner with my dad then home to bed cuz i have to be at work tomorrow at 7:30am. yuck!

shelley j
sigma k