GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,285
1 members and 2,284 guests
No Members online

Old 12-19-2008, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippiechick View Post
She's a fucking idiot. She has kids only to make them raise her newer kids. No wonder she says she doesn't need as much sleep as she thought. She's not really losing much sleep with the "help" of the older girls.

She needs to keep her fucking legs closed for a while.
I agree.
I also don't like the fact that her children have to schedule time with the parents. Very sad. I feel so bad for those children. It's really unfair to them.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
She needs to keep her fucking legs closed for a while.
It seems like she would be too stretched out for sex.... Like throwing the proverbial hot dog down the hallway.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Slight hijack

I have to say that my girls (19 and 16) helped a great deal with their brothers (7 and 5). Was it "unfair"? Eh, I'd argue that it helped make them the responsible, caring individuals they are today. I was the eldest of 4 - I learned the same lessons. I'm actually more concerned about a whole generation of only/one of two children who don't know what it is to not be the center of attention, to not have to think of anyone other than themselves. (I'm thinking of my niece - what a brat!) It is also a very good way to bring home the idea that babies are not just cute little bundles of joy - they are WORK. I've long thought that could I have hired out my two boys at 2 and 3 it would have been a very effective method of birth control for teen girls.

18 is still nutz, though.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I have to say that my girls (19 and 16) helped a great deal with their brothers (7 and 5). Was it "unfair"? Eh, I'd argue that it helped make them the responsible, caring individuals they are today. I was the eldest of 4 - I learned the same lessons. I'm actually more concerned about a whole generation of only/one of two children who don't know what it is to not be the center of attention, to not have to think of anyone other than themselves. (I'm thinking of my niece - what a brat!) It is also a very good way to bring home the idea that babies are not just cute little bundles of joy - they are WORK. I've long thought that could I have hired out my two boys at 2 and 3 it would have been a very effective method of birth control for teen girls.

I don't think anyone is saying that older siblings shouldn't be involved with their younger siblings from time to time, but from what I have read about this family, it appears that the older children are on the borderline of RAISING their siblings.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Jordyn-Grace

http://www.people.com/people/article...247340,00.html

"The latest addition to Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar's brood was delivered by Caesarean section at Mercy Medical Centre in Rogers, Arkansas overnight.

"The ultimate Christmas gift from God," Mr Duggar, 43, told the Associated Press.
"She's just absolutely beautiful, like her mum and her sisters."

Jordyn-Grace weighed 3.26kg and was 51cm long at birth.

The Duggars other 17 children are Joshua, 20; , 18; John-David, 18; Jill, 17; Jessa, 16; Jinger, 14; Joseph, 13; Josiah, 12; Joy-Anna, 11; Jeremiah, nine; Jedidiah, nine; Jason, eight; James, seven; Justin, six; Jackson, four; Johannah, three; and Jennifer, one.

And Mr Duggar the newborn may not be the last for him and his 42-year-old wife."
Old 12-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post

And Mr Duggar the newborn may not be the last for him and his 42-year-old wife."
http://www.people.com/people/article...248075,00.html

They're already talking about Number 19. Shit, they're at 18...might as well make it an even 20.

Then she can stop, and Anna (Josh's new wife) and carry the torch from there.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to wonder if they would consider a surgical procedure for birth control purposes if Mrs duggar's health was in danger.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post

"Each older child has a younger buddy (or two) that they help. We eat breakfast & read the Proverb of the day at 8:00AM, then we "quick clean" the house (older child & their buddy work together to clean their jurisdictions)."

"Some of the older girls prepare dinner & everyone helps cleanup."

-- Duggar family site

"The Duggars raise their children using the buddy system, in which an older sibling assists the younger sibling in daily tasks. The older buddy "will get the younger ones' meals" [20]. According to Michelle, "They help them with their little phonics lessons and games during the day and help them practice their music lessons. They will play with them or help them pick out the color of their outfit that they want to wear that day, and just all of those types of things." [21]"

[20] ^ See Ref 9 above http://www.quiverfull.com/articles.php/id20/
[21] American MorningCNN October 15, 2005,http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...14/ltm.02.html

I also heard the guy in an interview once saying that the girls will NEVER ATTEND COLLEGE. The girls are to handle ALL of the domestic duties to include "helping" the younger ones.

I am sure that your girls really just helped out. I doubt in a family of 20 people that she is able to handle all of the care that young children require. Let's face it, the dad says men do "the real work." The girls are taught to stay home and care for their family.

Hell, the family motto is: Jesus first, Others second, Yourself LAST... Seriously? I mean, THAT is the way to raise a doormat.

Last edited by Tippiechick; 12-19-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Next time my girls want to complain about having to work with their brothers - I'll let 'em know Tippie!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:

I also heard the guy in an interview once saying that the girls will NEVER ATTEND COLLEGE.
I have also heard that the girls don't move out until they get married. There are alot of things that I really would like to sit down and ask her (mom), like what happens if one of the girls doesn't get married? What happens then?

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hell, the family motto is: Jesus first, Others second, Yourself LAST... Seriously? I mean, THAT is the way to raise a doormat.
I don't know about others religions, but this is the way I was taught (as well as all the rest of my classmates--boys & girls).

For us it was just a prayer system (called "J.O.Y") that just helped us remember in what order we should pray, but we were encouraged to extend that idea into our daily lives.

I don't believe that i'm a doormat.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
I don't know about others religions, but this is the way I was taught (as well as all the rest of my classmates--boys & girls).

For us it was just a prayer system (called "J.O.Y") that just helped us remember in what order we should pray, but we were encouraged to extend that idea into our daily lives.

I don't believe that i'm a doormat.
I don't think you are either. But, I think the JOY system (they do use it in ALL area of their lives) in combination with their sexist way of life DOES contribute to the girls acting like doormats. And, personally, I would NEVER tell my children to place themselves as a LAST priority...

Last edited by Tippiechick; 12-20-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't think you are either. But, I think the JOY system (they do use it in ALL area of their lives) in combination with their sexist way of life DOES contribute to the girls acting like doormats. And, personally, I would NEVER tell my children to place themselves as a LAST priority...
Ahh yes, I do understand what you mean. The Duggar views of women does equal being a doormat. Poor girls.

I was watching on one of the episodes of 17 & counting that if the Duggar children all had the same number of children (17...at that time) that Michelle & Jim Bob would have something like 385 grandchildren. That's a lot of Duggars!!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

She's not going to stop until her uterus slides out and hands her a letter of resignation.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 12-20-2008, 04:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KayDeeLadee
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Can you imagine how it'd be like if the kids were to interact with the rest of society? No wonder mom home-schools the.

Puritanical throw up, if you ask me.
lmfao.....