GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,391
2 members and 1,389 guests
chironthearcher

Old 12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Gravesite pictures creep me out by themselves. iDon't think this would make it any better.
LOL- the only pictures I've ever seen of some of my relatives were taken at the funeral home. Weird, I know.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-26-2011, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
I just felt it was a deeply private item that should not have been broadcast to an unconsenting audience.
Perfect example of what you mentioned. One of my friends was tagged in an FB photo. It was a photo of her sister posing with her mother's headstone and she tagged all of her siblings. I instantly thought of this thread.

While I (in theory) support whatever helps that family, I see what you're saying. I didn't need to see that and very much wish I hadn't.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

I am now going into the living room to gaze admiringly at my husband every time he opens his mouth and see how long that lasts.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
HUSBAND: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!

Each time this thread is bumped TTT I get nervous that Michelle's pregnant again.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Co-sign!^^
Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I am now going into the living room to gaze admiringly at my husband every time he opens his mouth and see how long that lasts.
So, how long before he questioned your sanity?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

I glanced at a couple of pictures of Michelle gazing admiringly at Jim Bob as he spoke and went into the living room and copied the look when Mr. C. started talking.

Everybody laughed at me.

Great picture, Dr. Phil!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

But wouldn't they just view having a reality show as God's way of giving them a platform to spread His message?

I say that with all seriousness. It's like tweeting "God is good!" right after burying your sister. They see everything as "the plan" and if you can stand up and broadcast your beliefs, then isn't even a reality show Good News?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

This thread never ceases to amaze me. If you're pro-choice, shouldn't you be more accepting of these families? After all, they're exercising their choice.

I'll be the first to say that having a quiverful family would and never was an option for me, but I've known enough (4-5) to know that they usually do work well. Okay, there's one such family in my current church whose choice I question - there's just not the emotional support among these kids.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Poor parenting knows no limitations - someone can be a poor parent with one child. Through my involvement in home schooling and my church I've known many families with more than 4 children, all of whom were great parents with amazing organizational skills. The children appear to be happy, healthy and doing well in their studies. Admittedly, my circle tends to be more educated than average.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

My problem with the Duggar's is that the reality is that the older children are taking care of the younger children because there is no way mom can take care of all of them, especially when there are how many under the age of five? Children shouldn't be taking care of their siblings in the way the children probably are. They are not their mother and they shouldn't be acting like it. They should be able to be children.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-25-2012, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
This thread never ceases to amaze me. If you're pro-choice, shouldn't you be more accepting of these families? After all, they're exercising their choice.
Being pro-choice means respecting the right of the woman/couple to make the choice rather than having someone else (the government) make the choice for her or them.

It does not necessarily mean respecting the choice itself, just like respecting a person's right to free speech doesn't always mean respecting what that person says.

Sometimes people make what I think are terrible choices, but they still have the right to make those choices.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Being pro-choice means respecting the right of the woman/couple to make the choice rather than having someone else (the government) make the choice for her or them.

It does not necessarily mean respecting the choice itself, just like respecting a person's right to free speech doesn't always mean respecting what that person says.

Sometimes people make what I think are terrible choices, but they still have the right to make those choices.
nicely said

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post

I agree. I'm pretty old school when it comes to children. I like to think that two parents = two children, with the exception of multiples. I just think that much too many of the comments of the Duggars go beyond the pale of good taste.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I agree. I'm pretty old school when it comes to children. I like to think that two parents = two children . . . .
Well, as a third child, I might have to protest a little on that.

Then again, we have two children.