GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,500
2 members and 2,498 guests
babradanry3265, TLLK

Old 09-02-2003, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush at Southern Cal

After Southern Cal's great victory against Auburn (a school I like, don't get me wrong) last weekend, I am now curious if we have any rush reports from my alma mater? How many women rushed? What was quota? Etc? Etc? Details ladies!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Cele, I was thinking of you and Donna as I watched this game in S.C. Sat night, lol.

Best of luck to all the USC chapters!
Old 09-02-2003, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello! I know that quota was 55 (well 54 plus one free junior)

I know that Alpha Phi matched quota and should have more info later today or tomorrow!
Old 09-02-2003, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDLynn
Cele, I was thinking of you and Donna as I watched this game in S.C. Sat night, lol.

Best of luck to all the USC chapters!
I went to Auburn game with Laurie (ChiO) and we had a blast -- seats on the 50-yard line - 8th row up! We did not return to Peachtree City till 2am! All in all, a great time!

Speaking of USC, where is Chloe????
Old 09-02-2003, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
I dont know!!!! But bid day was yesterday at SC and I'm so curious as to how ADPi did at SC...
Old 09-02-2003, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Just heard Delta Gamma at Southern Cal made quota plus 2 and now have 57 new members!
Old 09-02-2003, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to USChica06
I'll do my best to tell you what I can...

Background...I rushed last year...cut from all...(probably good thing b/c I was way too stressed last year)...ready to rush again....couldn't this year...may COB...

I sit here in my apartment overlooking the campus of USC. And I see many extremely lucky young girls around with Bid Night shirts. Kappa Alpha Theta had a cute one: "There are some things money CAN buy...for everything else, there's a Theta." I can tell each of you that your new members were full of smiles and pride today. Those young ladies are very lucky...

After getting off the phone with the assistant director of Greek life here at SC, there are four chapters going through the COB process. Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Phi, and Gamma Phi Beta.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Just heard from the New Member advisor at our USC chpater....

....we got 53 new members (Quota was 54)!
Old 09-02-2003, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, question. A chapter can COB if they are under total right? It doesn't have too much to do with quota (i.e., looking at the chapters listed as COB'ing compared with how two of them did).
Old 09-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Everyone is entitled to take Quota. If Quota is 25 and Total is 100, and your chapter had 50 members to begin Recruitment, you can take Quota, then another 25 to bring you up to Total.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong - I no longer have a Green Book!
Old 09-02-2003, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
A chapter can always

1) COB to total if they are under total
2) COB to quota (even if that takes you over total)

Example 1: if total is 60, quota is 20 and the chapter starts with 50 members, then if they match 15 from formal recruitment that puts them at 65 (5 over total) but since its 5 under quota they may COB 5 more new members (for a total chapter membership of 70).

However if, after formal pledging, any of the new members depledge they cannot be replaced with additional new members until chapter membership falls below total.

Example 2: if total is 60, quota is 20, and the chapter starts with 30 members, then if they match to quota (20) that puts them at 50 (10 less than total) they may COB an additional 10 new members to put them at total (60).

Hope this helps...
Old 09-02-2003, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks. I couldn't remember if the rules said they could COB to quota or total. Since Alpha Phi got quota, I assumed they could only COB (as has been stated they were) if they were under total.

So top chapters could get quota, but if they graduated a large number (so were still under total) they could also COB if so desired???? I just always thought that the "idea" of COB was to help smaller chapters. This is all purely rhetorical.......
Old 09-03-2003, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

My best friend at USC (now Tridelt alum taking a fifth year) said that Tridelt got an amazing new pledge class...in her own words "one of the best on campus hands down!" I don't know she might be a little biased . She didn't tell me exact numbers but I'm sure they made quota, they are really strong there...

No more news other than that...I will see if they have posted their bid day pictures yet...USC and UCLA use the same photographer.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TriDeltaGal
My best friend at USC (now Tridelt alum taking a fifth year) said that Tridelt got an amazing new pledge class...in her own words "one of the best on campus hands down!" I don't know she might be a little biased . She didn't tell me exact numbers but I'm sure they made quota, they are really strong there...

No more news other than that...I will see if they have posted their bid day pictures yet...USC and UCLA use the same photographer.
Well, I might have to argue with that (about the TriDelta pledge class being the best at USC) -- guess I am biased too since I am a old USC Gamma Phi Beta alum....heh heh! Our chapter at USC is strong as well -- actually I think ALL the chapters at USC are strong!

Oh, I just got another email from the new member advisor and she reports that we will COB the two more new members (quota was 54 plus the one free junior) by the weekend. She said the women are all outstanding! Wahoo! I am very proud of my chapter!

Last edited by GPhiBLtColonel; 09-03-2003 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
This past Saturday was (I believe) Pref for USC. My friend and I were in LA Saturday afternoon and decided to stop by the Greek store and get some gifts for our boys and happened to drive through Greek row just as parties were letting out.

Seeing USC's recruitment, even just for a second, is such an awesome spectacle! I have never seen so many ladies (and ALL of them are gorgeous by the way!) at one time, all looking so thrilled. I could see some of them sniffling a little bit after walking out of a few houses, which touched me. I tried to not linger too long at the stop sign right next to the Gamma Phi house and watch what I could since my car has a bright pink GPhiB sticker on it, but I so wanted to roll down my window and talk to the girls (I have great self-restraint). The funny part was how many GUYS were out on the lawns, checking out all the girls. It was hilarious watching a girl I took to be a Recruitment counselor batting off a few guys from talking to a group of rushees...

I wish recruitment at my school was like that! We get stuck in tiny rooms on campus and are forced to have a TON of decorations since we use public rooms! I'm looking forward to helping my chapter with recruitment now after seeing USC this weekend!

And yay for all the chapters, esp. my bias!