GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,524
0 members and 2,524 guests
No Members online

Old 02-22-2001, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Co-workers

O.k.- I got along terrific with 75 other sisters but now I can't stand one other co-worker! She is sooooo lazy! We are cleaning out the basement of old files and for two days I have been lugging file boxes up the stairs to a dumpster- my co-worker has been no where in sight. BUT- everytime my boss leaves- she comes over and can talk my ear off for two hours. Another thing she does that drives me crazy- she has lived in this country for 10 years and has gone through two marriages in the United States. She just got married again and asked me "Do I have to get a blood test?" "Where do I do it" "How much is it" "Can you set it up for me" - ERRRRR - you darn well know you need a blood test because you had to get them with your two other marriages- you just want me to do the work for you. I'm venting.
My question to you all is - should I confront the co-worker, should I tell my boss or am I being petty and just ignore it?
Help- my frustration is consuming me but I feel like I am being caddy.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-22-2001, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

What I do with people that get on my nerves is just turn them off. When she comes to talk to you, don't look at her as she talks and just profess ignorence to any questions she asks. Don't really respond to what she says. Do work (or try to) while she's gabbing at you. After a few minutes say, "I really need to do some work." Maybe she'll get the hint. If she doesn't I would just flat out tell her how you feel. If that doesn't change anything, tell your boss. This sounds soooo harsh, but I've dealt with people like that and it really can be horrible. But don't be mean. Just be distant - like you've got a terrible lot that needs to be done. Be serene and never blow up, because that will hurt people's feelings and make you seem like the bad guy. Anyway - sorry about the whole situation! Hope everything works out.

Allie http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/tongue.gif

------------------
Some of my collegues think that the chemicals we are experimenting with cause brain damage, however I think that fish crunchy bits of salami my new red hippie noodle. Naked pool frogs?