GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,365
1 members and 1,364 guests
John

Old 08-20-2004, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Way to go against the norm......with a colored dress. Sounds like something I would do.......
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2004, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter refused to even look at black dresses because everyone else will be wearing them.

I'm sure your daughter will shine no matter what color she's wearing!
Old 08-20-2004, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

My dress for pref was this REALLY pretty dark pink color and I remember loving it but being TERRIFIED that AOII/ZTA(where I preffed) would think I wanted Phi Mu!! Luckily, they all just loved the dress and one of my new sisters actually wore it to semi formal!!
I think you gave GREAT advice!!
Old 08-20-2004, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Minor problem - the girls were supposed to get their schedules for Period 1 today at 3:00 and the parties were going to start at 5:00. When the pnm's arrived they were told there was a minor problem with the schedules, so they waited for about an hour before they were sent home. Now they are supposed to get a phone call when the schedules are ready and the parties have been pushed back to 6:00. Then they will have to walk over to campus, get their schedule and then go straight to their first party. Ah, the joys of the chaos of rush!!!

So here are the sororities -

Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Epsilon Phi
Ahpha Phi
Alpha Xi Delta
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Delta Tau
Zeta Tau Alpha

And here are my names for the six she has chosen to attend - all names have to do with life on campus -

Spurs
Bevo
Cowboys
Horns
Guadelupe
The Tower

The parties are supposed to be tonight and tomorrow morning, so I will post as she calls and updates me.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

good good luck to her...
may all be happy
Old 08-20-2004, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter called and she has finished the first group of Period 1 parties. The second half will be tomorrow morning. I asked her who she liked and what she remembered about each party and what she wrote down. She said there isn't time to write anything down between parties because you are too busy running to your next house.

So if we had it to do all over again, I think I would buy her one of those inexpensive voice recorders so she could walk and talk and record her thoughts.

Anyway, I will let you know about all her Period 1 parties tomorrow afternoon.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

thanks for keeping us posted!!

a little voice recorder is a good idea! hindsight is always 20/20 !

anyhow, i hope she had a great time
Old 08-21-2004, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Woo Hoo another rush thread.

Your daughter sounds like she is having an incredible time. I know that she will find her home.

Post with an update as soon as you can.

Question: When is bid day?

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-21-2004, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

The second half of Period 1 parties end today at 1:00.Then they have the rest of the day off.

Convocation will be at 8:00 Sunday and they should get their schedules at 3:00 Sunday afternoon. Unless they have computer problems like they did yesterday.

Period 2 parties will be Sunday night from 5:00 until 9:45. They can go to up to 5 parties.

Convocation will then be Monday at 12:00 with schedules for Pref being handed out at 5:00. Pref will start at 6:30 and go until 10:00. You can attend up to 3 events.

Bid day will be Tuesday at 3:00. Classes start Wednesday morning.

I am nervous about this round of cuts. I had long talks with my daughter about how tough/competitive rush is at UT and I think she was prepared. But then she gets invited back to 13 out of 14 and I think in her mind she is saying "this isn't so tough/competitive". I hope this next round go well. The one good thing is that so far she has not fallen off the deep end over one sorority. She has several she likes, but no one she is totally in love with. (Of course, when she calls this afternoon that may have changed!!)
Old 08-21-2004, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

She is finished with Period 1 -

Guadalupe - She likes this house - girls were very nice and the conversation flowed

Tower - This is not her favorite. She did not feel at home here even on her first day, but the girl that rushed her was very sweet and she felt liked she had to go back.

Cowboys - She did not feel good about this group after the first day, but decided to give them a second chance and really liked them after Period 1.

Spurs - This is probably her favorite group right now, but only by a little bit.

Bevo - Another group she was unsure about, but really enjoyed this round.

Horns - She liked this group after the first day, and she still does, but they are not way ahead.

She seems to be following my advice to fall in love with three. Let's hope the next round goes as well.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

All this talk about the Tower, Bevo, and Guadalupe is making me homesick for Austin in the fall! Glad she is having a good time - this is a fun thread.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Sounds like she is having a great time ... I wonder if SDT is still in the running....

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-21-2004, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Manda903
aw, I hope it goes great for her!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

good luck to you both on the next step.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: DAY 2

Quote:
Originally posted by 12mom3
She elected to only go to six parties even though she could have gone to eight.
It is my understanding that PNMs who "elect" to only attend a certain number of parties when they are invited to more are being dropped from recruitment at UT.