GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,460
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, anthonshtolze75
» Online Users: 2,391
2 members and 2,389 guests
Sarak24034

Old 08-16-2003, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Quote:
Originally posted by absolutuscchick
Well, Rush is still not going to start for about a month, but today I started feeling really not so good about orange. There is a girl at my work who is in orange and she is always acting really uppity and irritable to me, and to everyone. I am always super nice to her though, because I don't know how I'll feel about the rest of the house.
Hey girl, if it makes you feel any better, I can kind of relate. I did not like my roommate ONE BIT when I came to school. She was so hard-core about rushing Alpha Phi that it made me not want to join them. But as you can tell from my signature, I did join, and it was the best decision I could have made. I realized that it was ridiculous of me to pass up all these awesome girls just because my roommate wanted to be a part of them. My roommate and I still did not get along very well our freshmen year, but we do now. Things can and will change, because you have that sisterly bond between you.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2003, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
OK, well, I was planning on waiting until bid day to give everyone the history of me and rush (at USC), but seeing everyone post is making me want to post, so here is my story!!!

Well, here goes!!!

In the fall of 2001, I was a freshman at USC. I hadn't really thought much about rushing, but at orientation, there was one girl who was really excited about rush. She eventually was to become a black member. I also saw Legally Blonde that summer, which cememnted my decision (don't laugh!!!) So I submitted my application, paid the fee, and didn't think about it again until school started. Once it started, I knew ALOT of girls who were rushing, many of whom I have lost touch. Well, they were all excited for rush, and I was too, but I didn't bother to prepare at all!!
The first day of rush, I was completely unprepared. I wore a pair of white cropped pants and a black spaghetti strap tank top and a pair of flip flops. TOTALLY UNDERDRESSED!!!! I don't remember much about that first day except that the first house I went to was black, and I completely hated it!! The girl next to me was friends with the girls in the house already and so basically I was completely ignored. I was told it was a 'top house,' but I totally hated it. I also remember that I LOVED blue and wanted more than anything to be a member.

I believe there were two days of the first round, and after that, I was cut heavily. All the houses cut me, except for pink, red, and orange. I was really, really sad that blue had cut me, and was kind of depressed. But I remembered that I had kind of liked red, and after the second round, that was definitely my favorite house. I loved the girls, loved the atmosphere, and LOVED the house. But, I was definitely unprepared, and looking back, I remember that I definitely didn't ask questions, look all that cute, or know at all what I was doing!! Still, I really liked red.

Well, third round (pref) comes around, and red cuts me, as well as pink. I was devastated, to say the least. It was the house I loved soo much, but I managed to go to pref at orange. All I can remember is being so sad that red had cut me, and watching all these girls bonding, and while I kind of liked it, I wasn't sure. Some guy (who I now know is an A**Hole) had told me that this wasn't a top house, and this definitely bothered me. Plus, I was still very, very attatched to red. So that night, after talking to another rho chi (who actually ended up being a member of red), I decided to quit.

A few weeks or so later, at rosh hashanah services at the hillel, I met the girl who would later be my big sis, and she told me about alpha gamma gamma, a new jewish sorority. Well, I rushed there, and felt COMPLETELY at home. Over the next year and a half plus I became SUPERinvolved with AGG, and realized that I had made the right choice not going through the rest of formal rush.

However, the story doesn't end here. Over the next year and a half, I became good friends with a few girls in red. I ended up spending the night at that house sooo many times (AGG doesn't have a house), studying for finals at the house, and loving the girls so very much.

When I decided that I wasn't coming back to USC, I knew how much I loved AGG and how much I still wanted to be a part of a sorority for all my college years (and forever!!!), so I knew that I would rush at ASU. Well, now, here I am, 9 days away from orientation, and excited for rush.

Right now, I still want so much to be in red, but the red I want to be a part of is the red at USC. I haven't met the girls at ASU yet, but I'm secretly hoping that they will be as wonderful as those girls at USC, and that this time I will get a bid to their house. However, I am not going to just hold out for red, and am definitely going to try to give all the houses an equal shot, and try to find out where I will thrive.

I realized that what I want in a house are girls with whom I can be best friends, go out with and have an awesome time partying and socially, but still be able to sit around in my ugliest pajamas stuffing my face and be completely comftorable.

THIS IS THE LONGEST POSTING EVER!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Rachel, what a wonderful story! I hope you find a sorority that you love just as you lovedred at USC!!

I wish I had the chance to "think out loud" on GreekChat when I was rushing!!
Old 08-19-2003, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks honeychile!!

I'M SOOOO SCARED ABOUT CUTS...especially grade cuts right now that you would not even believe! I'm PRAYING that everything works out!!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by absolutuscchick
Thanks honeychile!!

I'M SOOOO SCARED ABOUT CUTS...especially grade cuts right now that you would not even believe! I'm PRAYING that everything works out!!

i am scared for the same thing. just be thankful for the choices that you have. we can support each other. we are pretty much in the same situation with college credits and we are going through rush at the same time!!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Relax! You girls wil do fine! Good luck!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-20-2003, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I got the cutest shoes yesterday!!!! They are so hot!! They're bebe and they have like pencil thin (ok thinner I think) kitten heels and the cutest front ever, silver lining and a bowish thing at the end...they're black on the outside though. They also have a wood sole....I'm just worried about falling in them!! I'm going to definitely have to practice walking in them.....but they are soooo cute for pref!!! (if I get that far ) Now I just need a cute top for the first day and I'm soooo good...and tomorrow.....ACRYLICS!!!! yay!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
awww those shoes sound adorable just make sure you break em in a bit before you wear em to prefs lol you dont wanna look uncomfortable lol Good Luck again

Nichole
Old 08-26-2003, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Any updates?
Old 08-27-2003, 07:53 AM
GreekChat Member

hope all is well.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Rachel, Sweetie, is everything okay?
Old 08-27-2003, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone....it looks ike GC lost my post from Monday...and my computer is still down, but my rooomate finally got our high speed internet working, so I'm on her laptop!!!

Anyhow, now that I have been in classes for two days, I have started to have some first impressions of alot of the sororities... Let me just give a little bit of a rundown here and also put down which houses have girls in my classes!!

Red : I haven't talked to anyone in this house yet, but at work on Sunday, I found out that a girl I used to work with was in Red. These girls seem to be really classy!

Pink: These girls seem to be really smart but also gorgeous!! There is a girl in my accounting class who is in this house.

Blue: Remind me a little bit of the brown house at USC my freshman year. A girl in my comm class is in here.

Green: Well, the first friend that I have made in my classes is in green. She is sooo nice and sweet and total reminds me of myself, we talked for the thirty minutes we had until our next class and I honestly don't know how time went by sooo quickly! I can't wait to meet some of the other girls from this house on friday!!!

White: There is a girl in my comm class who is in this house.

Tonight is orientation, so at 7:30, me and a girl I work with at Victoria's Secret who is also rushing will be heading to meet our rho chis and get pumped for rush (like I'm not already!!)...I'm hoping my headache that keeps returning day after day will go away by tonight and, of course, by friday when rush actually begins!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck & have fun, Rachel! I REALLY hope that headache goes away quickly!
Old 08-27-2003, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

your turn now...have a blast.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to triskit03
Good luck!