GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,223
1 members and 2,222 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-29-2002, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RosmaPomia
Good Luck!! I just went through recruitment and trust me AGE DOESN"T MATTER
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-29-2002, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Go RockChalk! Go ZTA!

RockChalk,
ZTA's recruitment sounds fabulous. And honestly you sound so committed and enthusiastic, I'm sure that will shine through and ZTA will definitely see that.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
Yippie Skippie good luck!!!
Old 08-29-2002, 03:25 PM

Yay Zeta! I am so excited that we have another chapter colonizing. Best of luck to the founding sisters at KU!
Old 09-05-2002, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quick update:

Today I signed up for an "info view" session. Basically, this is where 4 PNMs will meet with a Zeta rep who will give us info about ZTA, the rush process, and answer any questions we have. I also found out that they are not cutting people after every round. The first event and philanthropy night are open to all women. Pref is the only invitational round. I still have no idea how they're going to do invites or let us know if we got a bid. I guess I'll find that out at the info view.

I'm getting more excited and more nervous every day!
Old 09-05-2002, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds so exciting. Good luck with ZTA!
Go KU!
violets
Old 09-08-2002, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so excited for you!

RockChalk,

Jhawkalum is right - KD did colonize in 1991 with women from all statures at KU. (I was a member of their 3rd pledge class initiated in February 1993 - back when sororities STILL HAD semester long pledgeships.) Just make sure to tell them how much you would like to be active as an alumna - the new ZTA chapter will need women like you to provide support and to lay the groundwork for their traditions!

I can't wait to hear all about your experience (you probably already know this b/c I PM'd you!)!!!!!

Kerry
Old 09-09-2002, 01:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shark_in_Skirt Send a message via Yahoo to Shark_in_Skirt
Best of luck to you, Rock!

XOXO,
Annie.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Anxiously Awaiting ZTA also at KU

Hi-
I'm Jamie and I too am wating for everything to get going with ZTA at KU next week. I am very excited, but also very nervous! Do y'all have any suggestions for us who have never rushed, but waited for 1 whole year to rush for just 1 sorority? If you do, that would be AWESOME!
Old 09-10-2002, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi KuHawks! Good luck with ZTA recruitment. I wrote to AmandaMarie on an earlier thread about her clothing attire question

Good luck AmandaMarie! I'm an alum of ADPi at KU and I was a Rho Chi, too! I think your choices of attire sound appropriate. Find some cute and trendy jewlery or purses to go with your outfits. Make sure your fingernails and toenails are nicely manicured (but don't get gaudy long nails in crazy colors!) get your hair trimmed -- dress as though you would for a first date. When you do meet the Zetas, let them know what your bring to the table (they will probably want to eventually do Rock Chalk Revue - can you sing dance or write?), they are looking for future presidents, panhellenics reps, etc... Make sure to have fun too!

Do your research about Zeta and critically think about why you want to be part of the greek community. Come with questions for the ZTA reps (such as scholarship, housing, requirements). In some ways it's a lot like a job interview, but a lot more fun!
Old 09-10-2002, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Re: Anxiously Awaiting ZTA also at KU

Quote:
Originally posted by kuhawks20
Hi-
I'm Jamie and I too am wating for everything to get going with ZTA at KU next week. I am very excited, but also very nervous! Do y'all have any suggestions for us who have never rushed, but waited for 1 whole year to rush for just 1 sorority? If you do, that would be AWESOME!
Learn about our Fraternity, our history and our programs. Ask questions about those programs and communicate how your leadership qualities and/or talents could be used to help the colony and the Fraternity as a whole.

Visit chapter web sites, many links for both collegiate and alumnae chapters are found via the ZTA national site:

http://www.zetataualpha.org

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Jhawkalum for all of the advice. I will take all of than into consideration. I have looked at the home site of zta and tried to get up to date on it.. I am sure I will be asking tons more questions....

and Pnguintrax thanks for the reply! I means a lot that all of you guys come out and help out girls like me who know NOTHING about rush. I have never been through rush and I don't really know much about the process. I am going to be myself, and I am outgoing, so I can talk about all kinds of things.. but I don't know how to "lay things on the table" so they can see what I am going to be contributing to the system. I guess I am just nervous in general b/c I have never wanted anything so bad in my whole entire life and if I don't get it, I will be disappointed, but there would always be the next semester. I am going into it thinking if I get in, super, if I don't, no problem. I will have atleast made friends through it.

Now onto my dress for the events:

I have right now for the first round "experience ZTA" open house (nice casual dress attire) long black pinstrip pants with a white v-neck/or a grey sleeveless turtleneck and for the second round "stomp out breast cancer" philanthropy event (nice casual dress attire also) cuffed black capri pants with a red v-neck and a 3/4 sleeve cardigan to go over it.
Now, the question is, WHEN I get invited back for pref round what should I wear? Black dress or can I wear any kind of nice dress? It says to wear a nice dress attire) Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
Jamie
Old 09-11-2002, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

If I go to pref, I won't wear black. I figure everybody else will be wearing black, so I'll want to stand out.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

rockchalk- are you wearing a long or short dress. The on that I was thinking about was a long green dress with a cross front with spagetti straps...
Old 09-11-2002, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Wear something that is flattering and up-to-date. When I went through rush, I went out and bought a black dress which I ended up using for pref for the next four years. Just make sure it's comfortable and not too revealing, black or any other color is ok.