GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,130
1 members and 1,129 guests
sabellashulzez9

Old 09-06-2004, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by navane
My chapter (Epsilon Gamma - University of San Diego) doesn't have recruitment until January 25-30, 2005. Of course, I will be volunteering to assist with recruitment at that time. However, our other area chapter (Beta Lambda - San Diego State University) has fall recruitment starting September 11. I am hoping to get in touch with the sisters there to see if I might be ale to lend a hand.

.....Kelly
Best of luck to the SDSU Gamma Phi's! I was hoping I'd be able to help with the chapter I'm an advisor for at SDSU this semester, but it turns out that recruitment runs the exact time that I'll be in Michigan for a sister's wedding (But I am going to go observe recruitment practice on Wednesday so I can get a *little* taste of recruitment and I'll be ready to help next semester and throughout this one wherever they need me!)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-06-2004, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
I will help w/ pref night if needed.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:18 PM

I'm DYING to help someone with Recruitment. I went to all these conferences for recruitment stuff, passed the info on to my chapter, and have no one else to pass it on to now!!!

Since there aren't any Tri Delta chapters close to me (or at my new Univ) I'm seriously considering email the Greek Advisor at my grad school to see if the College Panhellenic needs an advisor or at least would like me to do a workshop or something regarding recruitment...I just don't want to step on any toes.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to aoiikristi
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD
I'm DYING to help someone with Recruitment. I went to all these conferences for recruitment stuff, passed the info on to my chapter, and have no one else to pass it on to now!!!

Since there aren't any Tri Delta chapters close to me (or at my new Univ) I'm seriously considering email the Greek Advisor at my grad school to see if the College Panhellenic needs an advisor or at least would like me to do a workshop or something regarding recruitment...I just don't want to step on any toes.
That's how I ended up helping AST as their faculty adviser! I am on faculty at Armstrong, and they are colonizing 2 NPC groups this year, they have not had NPC groups on campus for quite some time. It turned out--they were just dying for help with recruitment, and it has worked out really well. Their Greek Adviser is a Phi Mu (which is not one of the groups colonizing), so she was very positive and encouraging about me helping out.

Give it a shot--you just never know!
Old 09-11-2004, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

well, i am going to pref night tomorrow night for the chapter i advise. i am so excited because they had the best return rate EVER in the chapter history for the skit night parties....i just hope it continues for pref and bid day! they are an awesome group of women who really worked hard.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
I have been invited by the eta mu chapter of adpi to help out with recruitment, so I will be in Sacramento this weekend. I am very excited by this, since I have moved too far away to help my chapter... I am really looking forward to this weekend now...
Old 09-15-2004, 02:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I"m helping out right now... I am champion drink server and trash collector

Last edited by Glitter650; 09-15-2004 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I will be helping my initiation chapter with Pref and bid matching! I'm very excited about it too!

Dee
Old 09-17-2004, 04:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Hooray! I was able to make it to the SDSU Gamma Phi Beta house this afternoon/evening to assist with their first round of "Letter Night" parties. The girls are just too cute! They sang a reworded version of the song, "One Way Or Another" by Blondie for the PNMs after they came in to the house. Tomorrow night is the second half of the first round. Since I have to work on my dissertation, I'll probably not be there.

Since I'm an AI, I had no idea what to do and I felt pretty clueless most of the time; but, I'm starting to get the hang of it!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 09-19-2004, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Sure am!!

I'll be at all 3 days of Recruitment....fortunately, the Chapter Advisor lives 5 minutes away, so all the alums stay at her house for a weekend slumber party!!
Old 09-19-2004, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
I've been there all week, and Sunday is Pref and Bids day... this has been the most challenging week of my life, but I have such great "daughters" that they've made it all worthwhile
Old 10-04-2004, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiStar Send a message via Yahoo to PhiStar
Quote:
Originally posted by PinkRose1098
Um like yeah! I'm not that old but I'm helping out this week with my Auburn girls. They're doing a great job and I am so impressed with the youngest pledge class. They really embody the spirit of Alpha Xi to me. It's so much fun to be old. Plus, I think my little sister (who's president - woo hoo!) would kill me if I wasn't here to help her keep some measure of sanity.

OMG so did the youngest class here! wow! i was amazed.
needless to say, yep, i helped/went to formal recruitment!! I missed a day of it so i told the ladies in the chapter to surprise me, i certainly was
love it!

Alpha Epsilon Rho
~http://www.nbs-aerho.org/
Old 10-04-2004, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

We just had Recruitment this last weekend and I spent the whole weekend (along with 7 other advisors + 2 alums + 2 collegiates from U of A) help out AXO at UC Riverside. It was a LONG weekend, but the women did beautifully and we made quota + 3!!!

What a rewarding weekend! Off to bed now
Old 10-04-2004, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Which three collegiates? That's my chapter! And I remember the Riverside girls from UA recruitment 2003, they were fab....
Old 10-04-2004, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXWhoah
Which three collegiates? That's my chapter! And I remember the Riverside girls from UA recruitment 2003, they were fab....
Unfortunately I only remember Jessie...the other 2 I can't remember their names and one was a new member...but they were wonderful & so much help!!!!