GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,112
4 members and 2,108 guests
John

Old 09-15-2009, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Did you check incircle or sister's-only on your website? It technically could be wrong; my own little sister still doesn't show up on the Tri Delta one!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-15-2009, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I was notified by our HQ. She is not a member.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Premieres Wednesday December 30th at 10 p.m.: Real World DC Trailer

And sorry if I offend, but I hate all the Obama-esque rhetoric surrounding it. "Hope" and "Change" crap... blah.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm debating whether or not I will watch this one. The one where they were in Cancun sucked so bad. The only real funny part was when the one guy tried to compare the two girls in the house to Hitler. That was the dumbest (and funniest) thing, yet. I thought, "Wow, that kid really knows his history-I wonder where he went to college?" Sure enough, he graduated from my Alma Mater in one of the same programs as me. My history recollection probably isn't near as good as his, though (lol).

I hope this season does not make these people look bad for their GLOs. For instance, I actually like "Wes" (a PhiPsi), but he seems to piss a lot of people off and come off as being a meathead jock.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Sooo...i saw it.

Andrew annoys me, and I probably would have been annoyed within the first 10 minutes of meeting him.

Just by the first episode, i would have roomed with Ashley. She and I seem to get along so far.

I thought Ty was gorgeous at first, but after the talk at dinner, that went out the window. One of the guys that lived in my dorms always wanted to make sure that everyone knew that HE was smarter than others because he didn't buy into religion. Ty reminds me very much like this guy. Shame.

So far I thought it was a better episode than other seasons.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I hope this season does not make these people look bad for their GLOs. For instance, I actually like "Wes" (a PhiPsi), but he seems to piss a lot of people off and come off as being a meathead jock.
Callie goes to my university and is in a different sorority on campus, so I think all of greek life here is waiting to see what happens. I've heard through the grapevine that she represented her GLO well.

"To see beauty even in the common things of life..."
Old 12-31-2009, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I enjoyed the episode and I agree with your assessment. Josh is also cute in an ambiguously gay sort of way.

I LOOOOOVE seeing landmarks that I walk by all the time.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post

I LOOOOOVE seeing landmarks that I walk by all the time.
I used to live really close to the Buca di Beppo where they ate dinner during last night's episode (where Ty had his hissy fit). Once I was walking by and someone dumped a plate of pasta onto my head from the roof terrace. I'm not such a fan. (Also, you're in Dupont and you go to Buca di Beppo? I mean, come on.)
Old 01-01-2010, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Watched it today and I think it's going to be a good season.
All of the girls seem okay but I don't like Ty at all...his cockiness is just too much for me.
and Andrew....I'm not sure what's up this guy's sleeve but he's telling so many lies already and I think that's going to have a lot to do with how the castmates relate to each other throughout the show.

The "Coming up on this season of the Real World..." clips have me hooked!!

Θ Φ Α

Old 01-01-2010, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA85 View Post
and Andrew....I'm not sure what's up this guy's sleeve but he's telling so many lies already and I think that's going to have a lot to do with how the castmates relate to each other throughout the show.
I was flipping through channels before I watched the recording of the show. I came across the aftershow, and saw 3 or 4 members of the cast playing a game where Andrew was making statements, and everyone had to flip over a card either saying the statement was "true" or "panda hat". I changed the channel as I had no idea as to what was going on... until after I watched the episode.

I have a feeling Andrew has a lot more lying to do.

I was surprised that the girl in the cab with him (I forget her name) actually believed what he was saying. Even if she couldn't tell that he was being sarcastic, and she seriously thought he was a skydiving instructor, who would look at him and really believe that he was a cage fighter?

Ty infuriated me during that conversation at dinner, and I'm shocked that the conversation didn't escalate any more than it did.

These people sign up for a show where they get to live with 7 random people of different ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, religious and political beliefs, etc., from all across the country... and then he's going to be that close-minded? I'm not exactly the most religious person in the world, but I wouldn't talk to someone about the subject the way he did.

Like one of the girls said, it was a losing battle. No one was about to change their entire belief system at that dinner table.

@~/~~~~
Old 01-01-2010, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
...and then he's going to be that close-minded? I'm not exactly the most religious person in the world, but I wouldn't talk to someone about the subject the way he did.
Exactly! But remember, he thinks that he's the open-minded one, because Mike wouldn't say that "God doesn't exist." I really wish someone would have spun it around on him and said "well then, say God DOES exist" because I bet you he wouldn't have said it. And then he would have lost his argument right there.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so angry that I haven't seen the last 3 episodes thanks to mtv.com

Apparently they decided that they wanted more television viewers so they have locked all of the online episodes until February 6!!!! WHAAATTTTTT?????
As someone who doesn't have cable and only watches tv shows when I'm at someone else's house or from my computer, this displeases me.

Θ Φ Α

Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Kates View Post
Yes, I was notified by our HQ. She is not a member.
Just to clear up the confusion, Emily WAS a member of the Alpha Mu chapter at Mizzou. WAS.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearttrisigma View Post

Callie Walker: http://vevmo.com/f56/real-world-dc-callie-walker-3473/
College: Sam Houston State University
Made Dean's List in Spring of 2008 as a sophomore. If still in college, she is most likely a rising senior.
Major (as of Spring 2008): Mass Communication
Sorority: Alpha Delta Pi
Our members only confirmed. She was initiated in 07. So if she was initiated as freshmen, she would be a Junior. But if RW-DC went into the fall semester (which it probably did because isn't it like 4 months?), she's a semester behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinBee
Callie goes to my university and is in a different sorority on campus, so I think all of greek life here is waiting to see what happens. I've heard through the grapevine that she represented her GLO well.
She better have

Hopefully Callie is shown to be nice. The last time there was an ADPi on one of these shows, OMG they (MTV) made her appear like the biggest beotch. It came out later she was a sister and you're like "oh" because I and (I think other sisters) were like "she's horrible". LOL. I can laugh about it now. (this was years ago, like 03)

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Andrew falls somewhere on the autism spectrum, I'm convinced.