GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,777
0 members and 1,777 guests
No Members online

Old 11-05-2019, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

College Party Mini Survey

I'm focusing more on college parties outside of Greek Life:

1. What's your party ratio preference? More guys or girls, or an even mix?

2. Do you prefer bringing your own alcohol or would you rather drink jungle juice?

For #3, what if no one is sober enough to drive them back, there's no Uber/Lyft drivers running ATM, no one seems to have a problem with letting someone stay (Yes, I've seen this happen before)

3. Would you kick someone out or let them stay overnight if they're too drunk to walk back to their place (Friends, Acquaintances, Randos)?

#3 connects to the hookup culture on/off campus. I've heard of experiences where guys or girls would stay overnight after a party just because they hit it off with someone after a night of drinking/partying.

Last edited by sta3535; 11-06-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

As a non-Greek, you sure are hung up on Greek parties.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:05 PM

Jungle juice? I don’t think that term’s been in use since the 1960s.

Most of the posters on here nowadays are in bed by 10 pm, truthfully.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Banned

I graduated pretty recently and I never encountered jungle juice "in the wild" () during my collegiate days. I actually only ever went to one party in my life that had it and that was back in high school. Even then no one dared to touch it because you just couldn't trust what was in there. The last time I even heard it mentioned was an urban legend at my alma mater - something about someone mixing their pee in and no one noticing. Every single person I know would hard pass on anything like it.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sta3535 View Post

2. Do you prefer bringing your own alcohol or would you rather drink jungle juice?

For #3, what if no one is sober enough to drive them back, there's no Uber/Lyft drivers running ATM, no one seems to have a problem with letting someone stay (Yes, I've seen this happen before)

3. Would you kick someone out or let them stay overnight if they're too drunk to walk back to their place (Friends, Acquaintances, Randos)?

#3 connects to the hookup culture on/off campus. I've heard of experiences where guys or girls would stay overnight after a party just because they hit it off with someone after a night of drinking/partying.

Steve-

All you are interested in is asking about partying. I for one think that you are just here trying to dig up or MAKE UP dirt on Greeks. You are not even Greek. You seem to have no idea what Greeks do, other than party.

And why would you ask on a GREEK chat specifically about NON-Greek parties?

I think patience with you here has just about run out. Be gone.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Steve-

All you are interested in is asking about partying. I for one think that you are just here trying to dig up or MAKE UP dirt on Greeks. You are not even Greek. You seem to have no idea what Greeks do, other than party.

And why would you ask on a GREEK chat specifically about NON-Greek parties?

I think patience with you here has just about run out. Be gone.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sta3535 View Post

Cannot tell if real or parody.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-06-2019, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

No one seems to care about my threads because I'm not Greek.

I just don't see why asking simple questions is such a bad idea. I understand that most of my posts are party themed, but I can't seem to find any other forums that'll give me more feedback from others. I enjoy feedback because it makes me understand others more due to my disability.

However, I'll only delete my account if people continue to give me a hard time on here because asking certain questions geared to the party scene seems to be a bad idea on here.

These are harmless questions that had the potential of a good discussion IMO. I wish that there was a Non-Greek discussion thread that talks about anything outside of Greek life. Most online forums have a miscellaneous discussion area, and I'll promise you that I'll stay away from talking about partying.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

That's not at all true. Your questions are insulting and poorly thought out and a sad attempt at trying to generalize something which cannot be meaningfully generalized.

And harmless questions re our apparent practices of overserving guests and kicking them out? Hookup culture? How can you not read your own posts and not realize how insulting these questions are?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-06-2019, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Greek life is so much more than partying, and looking at your other posts, I would assume people are becoming frustrated with your concentration on that subject. It is my impression that most people here are not active college students, but are alumni, parents, Greek life employees etc., so we wouldn't be in on the latest trends among college students. We did drink jungle juice when I was in school though --- but it was at dorm parties and I am very very old.

When it comes down to it, this forum is called Greek Chat. It's not created for miscellaneous non-Greek related discussions with non-Greeks. Perhaps you can find or create a Facebook group for discussing these things with others of a similar mindset or involved in your school? Doesn't a site like College Confidential have school and topic-related discussion boards? Anyone know a good place to suggest to him?

I wish you success, fulfillment and happiness in all your future endeavors.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

To everyone reading this thread, putting on my professional hat for just a few minutes again:

the OP is somewhere on the autism spectrum. Search his previous posts and you'll see a response I wrote to him. In short, no, he's not gonna "get it" that his questions are not appropriate and are offensive. He's got a narrow interest in Greek Life that likely isn't going to fade. Best to not respond.

To the OP (sta3535) I say "your questions are unexpected; people react negatively to unexpected questions. They have bad thoughts about you when that happens. This is not good. GC is not a place for you to be exploring your interest in Greek Life, or party life, or anything along those lines. It's not okay. Don't do it again."

/taking off the professional hat, off to the long arm quilter now.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-06-2019, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

This post is weird and creepy. Are you writing the next Pledged?
Old 11-07-2019, 07:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
/taking off the professional hat, off to the long arm quilter now.
Awesome, I've only made one quilt and I just used my sewing machine for the quilting. How many have you made? (gotta be a better topic than the one the treadh was started on)
Old 11-07-2019, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Awesome, I've only made one quilt and I just used my sewing machine for the quilting. How many have you made? (gotta be a better topic than the one the thread was started on)
I love to buy beautiful fabrics, cut them up into pieces, and put them back together. Have lost count of how many I've made. I have quite a fabric stash. Other quilters get it. Non-quilters don't. *shrug*

Quilts tell me who they belong to when I finish them, with a few notable exceptions. I have been collecting shabby fabrics for years, and have them set aside for someone who's active here; she may have forgotten but I haven't. I am in the process of collecting fabrics for someone else here on GC that is very special and that's all I can say about it for now BUT I definitely will be posting a photo.

Good thing you didn't ask me about sewing machines - trust me!

I have empathy rather than derision for the OP. Decades of experience with people on the spectrum, as well as their families, plus hundreds of hours of training from the best in the field, paired with work on a fabulous multidisciplinary team - will continue to be a voice for the neuro-divergent population amongst us. homeward bound, thanks for your kind reply to him. He really doesn't get it, people. As I said, best to not respond.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-07-2019, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post

I have empathy rather than derision for the OP. Decades of experience with people on the spectrum, as well as their families, plus hundreds of hours of training from the best in the field, paired with work on a fabulous multidisciplinary team - will continue to be a voice for the neuro-divergent population amongst us. homeward bound, thanks for your kind reply to him. He really doesn't get it, people. As I said, best to not respond.
You're a good soul AZTheta. I was thinking the same thing of not to respond based discovering the OP is on the spectrum.

P.S. you also know when to drop the hammer when necessary.