GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,494
5 members and 2,489 guests
Cookiez17, oncegreek

Old 06-12-2000, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face HELLO PEEPS!!!I'M NEW & I HAVE A TOPIC 4 EVERYTHING THAT'S GOING ON!!!

HI, I'M NEW TO THIS. I DATED BOTH GREEK & REGULAR MEN. SOME PEEPS ARE RIGHT FRAT BOYZ ARE EXACTLY BOYZ THATS WHY I'M CAREFULLY ABOUT ME, MYSELF, & I. BUT TO TELL U THA TRUTH THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FRATS & REGULAR MEN. MOST ARE IMMATURE & SOME ARE REAL. I KNOW SOME REAL MEN OUT THERE BUT ITS TOO BAD THERE AREN'T A LOT OF THEM. I AM GOING TO PLEDGE A SORORITY & I KNOW I'M NOT GOIN TO LET IT CHANGE ME. SOME PEEPS GET SO BIG HEADED THAT THEY LET THA FRATERNITIES & SORORITIES MAKE THEM INSTEAD OF THE OPPOSITE. I WOULDN'T CALL MY SELF A FRAT GROUPIE CAUSE I AM MY OWN PERSON I HAVE NO TIME TO TRAIL BEHIND OTHERS LIKE THEIR PERSONAL PET. I HAVE NOTHIN AGAINST GROUPIES BUT YOU'RE WASTIN YOUR TIME W/ THESE FRATS. OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T WANT YOU ALL THEY WANT IS PUBLICITY. FRATS COME TO ME I DON'T GO TO THEM. ESPECIALLY KAPPAS & SIGMAS. I LOVE THEM ALL BUT I CAN'T PLAY THE PART OF A FOOL!!!

I NEED SOME HELP ABOUT PLEDGING THE BEST SORORITY 4 ME. I ALREADY KNOW BUT I JUST WANNA SEE HOW MANY PEEPS WANT OTHERS TO JOIN THEIR SORORITY W/O BEING ALL STUCK UP & CONCEITED ABOUT THINGS.

WRITE ME BACK CAUSE I HAVE WAY MORE TO TALK ABOUT.

------------------
Pretty N Pink
A.K.A
Pooh
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-12-2000, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Exactly what is your question/comment/concern/point????

Just wondering !!!

------------------
'Cause I'm a woman,
Phenomenally
Phenomenal Woman
That's me

Maya Angelou
Old 06-15-2000, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Are you asking about what sorority will be the best for you? Because if so, no one else should be able to tell you that. You should be able to decide for yourself. Or are you asking why others chose/are choosing their own sorority?
Old 06-15-2000, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

kill the all caps typing -- it makes your post difficult to read.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2000, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Salience Send a message via Yahoo to Salience
Question

Asia: that's ALL you have to say? Stop using caps? Yes, the post is confusing, but there is a kernel of inquiry within the message.

I think there IS a deeper issue, here, like her interest. Perhaps she has no idea of the proper way to go about her research, and whom to contact.

Pooh: you should check out the FAQ/Information on each sorority's message board and read every question, first of all. Second, read their literature: histories, books written by members, press coverage, etc. These all tell you why people join the sororities that they do. Most importantly, OBSERVE. Observe members within your sommunity, on your campus, wherever you are. See who's active and committed, and get to know those women better. Most active people aren't about their letters or who they can date and how many parties they can get discounts to. See the business side of each sorority you're intrested in, and the decision can be made for you, right there in living color.

Good luck.

On a personal note: I, too, am confused about your intro about frat "boyz" and self esteem. What does dating frats have to do with choosing a SORORITY? IMHO, Nothing.

Are you in college, yet? No offense, but you sound a little young, which is fine but realize you have a great deal of time to make choices.

------------------
@~~^~~~~
Subtlety is the key ;o)

[This message has been edited by Salience (edited June 19, 2000).]
Old 06-19-2000, 03:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Hi I am replying back to the messages that I have recieved but I was referring to all the topics that I have read within the past month and I was just commenting on all issues that I have read so far. I now know what sorority I'm interested in bascially I want some one to assist me and tell me more about DST. I hope you get my message now but thats all I was just doing which was replying to all of the messages that I have read that's why it says, "I have a topic 4 everything that's going on" meaning a topic 4 the messages that I've read.

------------------
Pretty N Pink
A.K.A
Pooh
Old 06-21-2000, 03:34 PM
Don't get it?

Question

Are you in high school or college? Who said you have to be a gofer for a fraternity? Noone can help you decide what sorority is best for you. You must do research on your own. Go to their national websites, read their books and talk to their members. Also it seems as if you have already decided on your choice. One word of advice: It is taboo to use a sororities colors, letters, motto,etc in your email, sign off unless you are a member. You better throw out the "pretty in pink" out of respect for a certain sorority.
Old 06-21-2000, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
I believe the A.K.A. in her sign off means Also Known As.

ZetaAce
Old 06-26-2000, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Z-Ace

Good looking out. Cara is new to the scene, and I'm sure she's learning protocol as she goes.

And, not to disturb fecal matter , but I think the lovely ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. are not fazed by someone 1) who looks in good in pink and knows it, and 2) uses the acronym Also Known As. Is this disrespectful, especially when she's not perping? I honestly do not know, and would like clarification, if appropriate.

We're working towards general friendliness and tolerance, right?

Just my 4 cents.

------------------
@~~^~~~~
Subtlety is the key ;o)

[This message has been edited by Salience (edited June 26, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Salience (edited June 26, 2000).]
Old 06-26-2000, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
You are so correct..
Clearly Pooh is very young and new to the "Greek interest scene".
So let me be blunt if I may...

No one will advise you on what Sorority you should pursue...that's YOUR decision.

Please note: I did not say what Sorority you should "join":...I PERSONALLY HATE WHEN LADIES SAY THEY ARE GOING TO JOIN MY ORGANIZATION...IT'S PRESUMPTUOUS.

*MEMBERSHIP is an HONOR...not a right...and if you are not INVITED or voted UP...guess what? You will still not belong to sorority XYZ of your interest.

*Furthermore, the prudent person would take the necessary steps to do their OWN research...NO ONE IS GOING TO HAND IT TO YOU.

Specifically regarding any of the NPHC organizations, there soooooooooo much information on the net it blows my mind. I wish I had the kind of information pool available when I was seek membership in Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated.

Okay...Let me apologize to all who have read these statements at least a thousand times...its redundant...but sometimes...

Quote:
Originally posted by Salience:
Z-Ace

Good looking out. Cara is new to the scene, and I'm sure she's learning protocol as she goes.

And, not to disturb fecal matter , but I think the lovely ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. are not fazed by someone 1) who looks in good in pink and knows it, and 2) uses the acronym Also Known As. Is this disrespectful, especially when she's not perping? I honestly do not know, and would like clarification, if appropriate.

We're working towards general friendliness and tolerance, right?

Just my 4 cents.

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Finer Woman's Dream!
Old 06-26-2000, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

As a woman of AKA, I was not offended by Pooh using the Also Known As abbreviation. Clearly, she stated what she wanted to do. Pooh, you have a lot to learn about protocol sweetie. We are not trying to beat up on you, just be discrete in whatever you do concerning greek affairs.

Yes, any woman can wear pink and may look pretty in it but, it is the Sophistication and Education that will make her an AKA.

Pinkice9
Old 06-28-2000, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Pinkice:

I hearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd THAT!

------------------
@~~^~~~~
Subtlety is the key ;o)
Old 06-30-2000, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member