GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,403
0 members and 1,403 guests
No Members online

Old 10-06-2001, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Since the govt. grounded crop dusters (and I would assume they are watching them closely since they lifted the ban) couldn't that imply that the "agent(s)" are already here, hidden in the US?

The intake vents are closed and protected in the major Govt. buildings.

The man who died was recently in the area-40 miles-of one of our major chemical or bio labs. Caught the tail end of that on FOX.

A crop duster in Mexico remains unaccounted for.

Naturally occuring contaminates (ie. foot and mouth disease as seen in England) are excellent agents for terrorists because they
pose no threat to the distibuter but can wreck the economy.
Hantivirus-Mad Cow-anthrax-Is it possible these examples WERE attacks? I honestly don't know.

Sec of Def. states attack 100% probable if we hit Afghanistan.

IMHO-The the agents are here but we can't locate them.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-06-2001, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Unhappy Attacks 100% probable, we must be prepared for casualities in this war

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom

Sec of Def. states attack 100% probable if we hit Afghanistan.
I saw this on the news as well. They also stated in conjunction to this that we must be prepared for "casualties" in this war, and that this war could last for years, much like the Cold War. I, for one, am not prepared for more civilian casualties. It is very troubling that we are sending billions of $$ to Afghanistan to make sure that their civilians do not suffer any more than necessary during the proposed attacks. I need reassurance that our government is concentrating more on protecting it's own civilians. The Taliban certainly isn't concerned about our citizens, especially since they've stated that they will not turn over bin Laden, even if we present evidence against him.

In the case of the man with anthrax, if someone has this information, feel free to jump in - what are the chances that he would have inhaled anthrax from being in the area that justamom mentioned (justamom - thanks, I hadn't heard that info)? Were there others in the area? Why was he there? It's just eerily ironic that just as we were focusing on anthrax, someone caught it. I know that even though they have stated that this is an isolated case, it was reported that possible terrorist activity is being investigated. The scary part is some of the symptoms are cold-like. Usually people do not detect symptoms until 7 days after contact. So, I'm assuming a person may have it for a while, but think that they are simply treating a cold. How long does it take until it is fatal?
Old 10-06-2001, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

Okay.....
Everyone is still freaking out about biological warfare. That is also what we have been warned about. First there was the west nile virus, which is only semi-threating to children whose immune systems have not fully developed (if they get it, its like the flu or chicken pox), in adults, it doesn't matter. No one has ever died from west nile virus. EVER.
and they didn't even use sophisticated stuff like that, they flew an airplane into a building. Which automatically rules out the Palestians because they don't have enough money to get out of Israel. If they could leave, they would. Trust me. Iknow lots of immigrants.
And besides, biological warfare would be very, very hard to pull off. Anthrax, i think it should be pointed out, is a disease which kills cows. In order for it to kill, or at least pose any health threats to human, years upon years of research and trial and error would be needed. And then the chances of anthrax killing you are pretty slim. Cuz they can't controll what it does outside of the lab. So don't worry. Unless your a cow. Cuz I have a leather jacket.
Old 10-06-2001, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

There are 3 ways anthax can attack the system. The gentleman who died had (I believe) pulmonary anthrax as it was inhaled. It is RARE so, that in itself draws ones attention. Shall we even consider the chemical lab in Newport that contains the nerve gas?
I agree our government fears citizens will panic, but they already have since gas masks and such are selling like hot cakes. You weren't around when everyone was building bomb shelters... sometimes it helps to feel you are doing everything possible to protect yourself and your family. This is really the same thing in a new century. To think the Govt. would come right out and say "Hey folks, some people in our country have some really bad stuff we just can't put our finger on." is putting a lot of faith in officials who have every possible form of protection available to them. It is imperative we avoid panic. Look what's at stake-the economy, civil order...I hate to disagree with someone as charming as you Billy, but disagree I must.

Billy wrote-"Don't worry. Unless your a cow. Cause I have a leather jacket." That's a great line!

Tickledpink-I don't have any answers to your questions. I wish I did. Maybe this thread is too upsetting.
Old 10-06-2001, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks for the compliment.