GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,521
1 members and 1,520 guests
No Members online

Old 04-10-2007, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

ideas to help out a fraternity as a sweetheart

Hello everyone, i'm the new sweetheart for the Sigma Chi at my campus and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas as how to help their chapter.

i have already made matching letters for every brother in the fraternity as a gift because i thought it would be nice to all be able to wear them to events they through and match. or even use them as rush t-shirts

however i'm out of ideas and dont know what to do to help build their brotherhood and help the chapter out.

any ideas would help

thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-10-2007, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Are you the GF of one of the brothers? I would imagine an officer?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
COOKIES were always a big winner back in my day!!!

During rush, if you could come over with friends and just hang out / help out, that helps the house a good deal.

My gf was our sweetheart my Senior year. I don't remember her doing anything other then always hanging out at the house and being nice.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOxcutiexPI View Post
Hello everyone, i'm the new sweetheart for the Sigma Chi at my campus and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas as how to help their chapter.

i have already made matching letters for every brother in the fraternity as a gift because i thought it would be nice to all be able to wear them to events they through and match. or even use them as rush t-shirts

however i'm out of ideas and dont know what to do to help build their brotherhood and help the chapter out.

any ideas would help

thanks!
Perhaps you should ask the brothers directly how you may assist the chapter. For example, ask them if they would like you to help and or participate in activities such as rush, philanthropy, Derby Days, and social events - or any other chapter related events. Help can come in many different forms and they may simply not *know* to ask for your help in areas where they may need it. And even if they don't "need it", areas where they would benefit from your help or participation. And if the chapter has a House Mother (parent/advisor) you may want to check with them as well.

In any case, the chapter will (should be) appreciative of anything you do for them. So don't feel that you *need to* do something all the time. Often, just being around and being a friend is best of all.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhrozenGenius Send a message via Yahoo to PhrozenGenius
How about...

A Keg?
A Paddle or Two?
A Box of Chiclets under every pillow?
Something simple and nice all the way up to big...

Just depends on how much money you have.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
i don't know the exact role of a sweetheart... but my exbf is in delta chi, and i would bring over bagels and breakfast stuff with my sisters before rush events to feed them... we went and cheered them on at their intermural sports games (softball and football).... we often made rush paraphenalia such as paddles, picture frames (manly ones lol ) and did like posters with pictures... with a little creativity... we also helped the guys make an AWESOME rush video... but otherwise- just being around and being nice was helpful...
if the house was messy or whatever from day to day stuff (not after a party or anything... we refused to clean up after those) we'd come over and surprise the boys by cleaning everything... that was always a big fave lol
Old 04-13-2007, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

My wife was a sweetheart of the fraternity my senior year in college (2005-2006) They did a lot for us, which was awesome because we were a new group on campus. She would come sit at our rush tables wearing letters or hand out flyers for us. The 4 sweethearts were at most of the parties, and rush events. They would come by with food or stuff they made us. We have a huge photo collage hanging in our house that they made from photos they took the whole year. On Valentines day they brought every brother candy and a card along with some Phi Sig stuff. They even recruited some new guys for us, because what guy can turn down a hot girl, lol. One of the best things they did for us was just being there when we needed them, they wore our letters and supported us during on campus functions, were at our parties, and brought their friends to our parties as well. Pretty much anything you do can be helpful and appreciated
Old 04-13-2007, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlethiaSi View Post
i don't know the exact role of a sweetheart... but my exbf is in delta chi, and i would bring over bagels and breakfast stuff with my sisters before rush events to feed them... we went and cheered them on at their intermural sports games (softball and football).... we often made rush paraphenalia such as paddles, picture frames (manly ones lol ) and did like posters with pictures... with a little creativity... we also helped the guys make an AWESOME rush video... but otherwise- just being around and being nice was helpful...
if the house was messy or whatever from day to day stuff (not after a party or anything... we refused to clean up after those) we'd come over and surprise the boys by cleaning everything... that was always a big fave lol
Hm. If this is what all the other SOs do, then my fiance's brothers must think I hate them or something. Oh well ...