GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,243
2 members and 1,241 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Darling outfits!
Old 01-02-2016, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Such cute outfits!!! Love both dresses.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Cute dresses! I would make sure the cardigan for day 3 is shorter and fitted, to go along with the fitted cut of the dress (not slouchy). That would be really cute. And, if you have black pumps as an alternative to the tights and booties, bring those back to school -- see what others are wearing because the pumps would be more "business formal" than the tights and booties, and the actives will likely be more conservative with their footwear. I just have a feeling the black tights, booties and cardigan might be too much black competing with the red dress -- let that pretty dress stand out.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:54 PM

Can't wait to hear how your rush goes! Southern rush is a whole different animal from what I've experienced, so this is always fascinating to me!
Old 01-03-2016, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

how do I see the dresses?
Old 01-04-2016, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

She must have thought better of it and removed them. I agree with her move. Perhaps she will repost them afterwards. Trust me, they were really cute!
Old 01-04-2016, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I thought it wasn't the best way to preserve my anonymity. I'll gladly repost after recruitment!
Old 01-09-2016, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Today was the first day of recruitment! I’m thoroughly exhausted but I met so many great people, had a lot of fun, and drank exorbitant amounts of ice water with fancy straws.

Parks and Rec – This house was everything I hoped for and more. I know a few girls in this sorority, and I had high expectations. Everyone I talked to was so sweet and smart, and I felt like I connected with them a lot. I could really see myself in this house.

The Office
– These girls were super nice, but I think I let tent talk alter my perception of them.

Arrested Development – I had an awesome conversation with the first girl I talked to, but my conversations with the other girls were very basic and weren’t that great.

Master of None – I LOVED THIS HOUSE. I had amazing talks about sisterhood with the girls I talked to, and I feel like they have very strong friendships.

How I Met Your Mother – I had a pleasant time here, but didn’t feel a particularly strong connection.

30 Rock – I was so disappointed by this house. I went in with really high expectations, but the girls I talked to didn’t ask many questions and let a lot of awkward lulls in the conversation happen. I’m hoping to go back to this house for another day and have a better experience because I really wanted to like it.

Friends – I absolutely loved the girl I talked to here. We talked like old friends and laughed a lot. However, since I only talked to one girl, I’m not sure about how I’ll fit in with the rest of the sorority.

We cluster ranked our 6 preferences and number 7, but I’ll rank them in order of how much I liked them:
1. Parks and Rec and Master of None (Tie)
3. Friends
4. Arrested Development
5. How I Met Your Mother
6. 30 Rock
7. The Office

Honestly, I really regret ranking The Office last because I definitely let myself be influenced by stereotypes and reputation. Maybe I’ll get another chance with them tomorrow, but if I don’t I’ll still have learned a valuable lesson about tent talk. I’m super excited for Day 2!!
Old 01-10-2016, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck tomorrow!

Elizabeth Barrett Browning , A Flower in a Letter
<>

Last edited by true_blue; 01-10-2016 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Emoji not showing?
Old 01-10-2016, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!! I'm looking forward to hearing how things go.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

It is hard to not listen to tent talk, but you understand now why we advise against it. Good luck!
Old 01-10-2016, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like you had a great first day! Good thing you and the one-on-one rusher hit if off -- that would be pretty tough if you had to spend the whole time talking with someone you didn't click with!
Old 01-10-2016, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds as if you had fun - enjoy the ride!
Old 01-11-2016, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

After many hours of stress and anxiety, I was so excited to see I’d been invited back to Parks and Recreation and Master of None, as well as 30 Rock and The Office! I was relieved to have another day with The Office, and I was happy to give 30 Rock another chance.

Master of None
– Their philanthropy was so touching, and the girls seemed really passionate about it. I had so much in common with the first girl I talked to and had a really fun time talking to her. The second girl was only a sophomore so she wasn’t a very good “rusher”, but we were able to keep the conversation going without it being awkward. I was so happy to have been invited back here and I could really see myself in this house. I loved it just as much as I did yesterday!

30 Rock – Today was so much better here. I got along really well with the first girl. The second member was another inexperienced sophomore with whom I didn’t have much in common, so that conversation was a little bit tough. I’m still not feeling much of a connection with this house, although they’re definitely nice girls.

The Office – I went in with a much more positive attitude than yesterday, and it paid off. They were all so sweet and seemed genuinely happy to have me there, and I talked to one girl in particular who recognized me from my school’s music department and was incredibly nice. This is a new chapter, and she was a founding member when she was a sophomore. I’m really impressed by what this house has been able to build in such a short time on campus.

Parks and Rec – This was undoubtedly the best moment of recruitment for me so far. I walked in and was paired with one of the girls I talked to yesterday, and we picked up right where we left off and talked like BFFs while I worked on the craft. Then another member who I’m good friends with was finally able to talk to me for the first time since recruitment started, and we were so excited to see each other. The whole time I was here, girls were coming up to me and saying how happy they were that I was back. I already feel so at home at this house. Calling them Parks and Rec is very fitting because these girls are definitely the Leslie Knopes of my school. It felt so awesome to be in an environment full of sweet and smart feminists who love and support each other so much. That’s what I want out of sorority life.

Since I only had four houses, I was able to list them all as my preferences. Here’s how I would rank them if I had to:
1. Parks and Rec
2. Master of None
3. The Office
4. 30 Rock

I obviously love love loved Parks and Rec. However, I definitely still love Master of None too, so I could see myself feeling very torn between them if it came down to it. I guess I’ll cross that bridge if I'm fortunate enough to get to it! The next round isn’t until Saturday, so now it’s time to attempt to focus on my first week of classes while simultaneously stressing about recruitment. Wish me luck!
Old 01-11-2016, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow sounds like things are going really well! It's funny how opinions and perceptions change and shift as recruitment continues. Best of luck for Saturday (that's like a week away, lots of time to think). Sounds like you have some wonderful options.
Closed Thread