GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,392
1 members and 2,391 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 07-13-2007, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

fitting a mold

I wouldn't say that a sorority would cut a girl because she is "too good", but there are certain "characteristics" that some PNMs have that almost immediately place them somewhere, at least from the rusher's standpoint. I've heard several people say things like "oh she's VERY XYZ, I don't know if she'll fit here". I don't think this is considered cutting because of feeling like she's too good (or not good enough for that matter, because it can go both ways), I think the rusher just feels like the PNM fits that mold. And since I'm from a campus with relatively small greek life compared to campus size, most chapters have their own mold or stereotypes that are hard to break out of.

"When in doubt, do the Carlton"

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-14-2007, 04:01 AM
GreekChat Member

my personal experience is that girls don't get cut for being too good for a chapter. they get cut for thinking they are too good for a chapter, like we're wasting their time. a girl on my campus went through recruitment the year before i did with that kind of attitude and did not receive a bid. she went through a second year and still did not receive a bid because everyone from the year before remembered her.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I know for a fact I was cut from a chapter because they thought for sure I'd end up somewhere else, where I was a legacy...

....and they were wrong. (I was told this by some members of the chapter's E. Council later on, after we became friends)

it ended up for the best, though.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrphimu View Post
I know for a fact I was cut from a chapter because they thought for sure I'd end up somewhere else, where I was a legacy...

....and they were wrong. (I was told this by some members of the chapter's E. Council later on, after we became friends)

it ended up for the best, though.
I've said this before about Jewish women. Many times, chapters assume they will join SDT, DPhiE, or AEPhi, even if they have no intention of doing so.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

YES! The perfect excuse! I loved AXO but they were intimidated by my hotness!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think we would be intimidated by a pnms "hottness" LOL... That makes me laugh because all sororities want amazing girls but it is the definition of amazing that differs. Maybe that really cute girl had a bad personality, poor grades, or was clearly uninterested in the chapter... that is more likely than the pnm being too good for the chapter. The pnm make think this but that is only because she has no idea how things work.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

This thread reminds me of something an alumna once told us. There was a PNM who was THE Rush Crush of that R, and ADPi was able to pledge her, thinking she was a shoo-in for Best Dressed. The problem is, as the alumna told us, she couldn't keep her clothes ON! Needless to say, she didn't make it to Initiation.