GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,300
1 members and 2,299 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-06-2007, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

recommendations

My recruitment is in 2 weeks and I only have 1 recommendation and now after reading the site Im thinking I need more since I am a junior. The problem is I do not know anyone else that was in a sorority and I am afraid that it is too late to contact people because I do not want them to think I am rude or unorganized. I am just wondering should I still contact the alumnae and if so what do I say to them so they would want to? Also if anyone on here has any time to do one for me please PM because I want to be in one really bad and just want to cover everything. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-06-2007, 07:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl22 View Post
Also if anyone on here has any time to do one for me please PM because I want to be in one really bad and just want to cover everything.
Your "wanting one really bad" isn't going to make 98% of GCers here want to put their name on the line for you. In fact, it's pretty bad form to ask someone here to do one.

It's probably too late, but try your local Alumna Panhellnic.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 AM

With 2 weeks until recruitment, you're cutting it close. You could try contacting your APH (alumna panhellenic), but they may be reluctant, since you've only got 2 weeks and those women have other obligations (work, kids, etc).

Also, check out this post:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...8&postcount=91

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Yes, as a junior you will need recs and yes, you are cutting it very close, especially if you are going to a FL school. Contact your local APH and make some emergency phone calls to your high school mentors, friends of your mother/aunt/grandma, high school friends that joined as freshmen, etc.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Your "wanting one really bad" isn't going to make 98% of GCers here want to put their name on the line for you. In fact, it's pretty bad form to ask someone here to do one.

It's probably too late, but try your local Alumna Panhellnic.
Well actually I had saw on one of the posts that people ask on here all the time so I just thought that I woud give it a try, Im not being desperate or trying to have bad form I was just giving it a try since others obviously have too. I actually did not even know I was signing up for recruitment until recently and really did not know about recommendations until now so like I said I was just giving it a try and actually I was asking about what to say when I contact my local alumnae chapter and just threw that in there.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Well actually I had saw on one of the posts that people ask on here all the time so I just thought that I woud give it a try...
Just because PNMs "ask on here all the time" doesn't mean it's the best thing to do.

Last edited by Unregistered-; 08-06-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I did not mean to do anything wrong and I sincerely appologize to whoever I have offended... I was just doing what I thought was o.k. on here since other people have.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I did not mean to do anything wrong and I sincerely appologize to whoever I have offended... I was just doing what I thought was o.k. on here since other people have.
Don't worry about it anymore, but start working on your recs in real life.

Look for an alumnae panhellenic in your area. It's really late, but you may be able to get a few people to work with you.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't think anyone was offended -- or at least they shouldn't be. Just don't expect people to say yes. Folks are reluctant to recommend some random person they've just met on an internet BB to the sister/brotherhood they've dedicated their life to -- or at least they should be.