GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,182
2 members and 2,180 guests
Overthinker, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 08-08-2004, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to DZTUBAGIRL Send a message via AIM to DZTUBAGIRL Send a message via Yahoo to DZTUBAGIRL
Quote:
Originally posted by Wine&SilverBlue
is that the thing where you get it every 3 months? or is that just "seasonale" ?
Depo Provera is a shot that you get every 3 months. Most people stop having their period.
Seasonale is a pill (i think) that you take and you are suposed to get your period 4 times a year.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-08-2004, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

so w/ depo provera you NEVER get your period?

while that sounds awesome, i'd be incredibly paranoid
Old 08-08-2004, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I was on Levrilite (sp?), pills from Planned Parenthood. I was on it for 3 months and I didn't like it. If you missed like 1 day or was aoff a few hours for a few days, you Mr. Happy would be all F*ed up. Example: Missed one or two days in the begging of the month and I would have light bleeding from the middle of the pill cycle till the end, then I would have my period. That SUCKED! Or I would be a few hours off from taking them (like if I have to take them at 10:00 p.m. and forgot and took it at 12:00) and did that for a few days the same thing would happen. I was on Orthro Tri-Cyclen Lo and I would miss like 3 days and it wouldn't do that! But Planned Parenthood doesn't have that anymore because they're too expensive. So I have to go to a real Gyno so I can get a prescription for OT-C Lo.

And ditto with the "being happy when you get your period". I was late last month and was kind of freaking out about being preggers. My bf wouldn't mind if I was pregnant. It wouldn't be the perfect time for us, but we're a stable couple and want kids together later on anyways.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I use Orthro Tri-Cyclen. It is my second time on it, and thus far I haven't had any problems. I want to try Seasonale, but this time I had to go through a free clinic (since I'm unemployed) and they didn't have it. I considered Depo Provera, but shots make me cry.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I use Apri too. Ortho Tricyclen made me have hella mood swings.

We used condoms as a back up before we were married but now it is just the pill

Quote:
Originally posted by Rio_Kohitsuji
I'm also on the pill, Apri. I've been on it for about 3 years now, never had a problem with it. My boyfriend and I used condoms for the first 3-4 months and then went to stuff like foam, torpedo-like-inserts, etc. Now we don't bother with anything but the pill, much more cheaper

PM_Mama-- So ditto with you're sidenote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to DZTUBAGIRL Send a message via AIM to DZTUBAGIRL Send a message via Yahoo to DZTUBAGIRL
Quote:
Originally posted by Wine&SilverBlue
so w/ depo provera you NEVER get your period?

while that sounds awesome, i'd be incredibly paranoid
Well for me personally it stopped my periods. But it is different for all people. I know a couple of people that are on it that stil have a period sometimes but it isn't regular.
I do kinda get paranoid about not having a period but it is better than forgetting to take the pill and getting pregnant. I can't even remember to take antibiotics for a week!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:13 AM

I'm on Triphasil-28 and I've had no side effects from it. I've been taking it for a few years now and I have not had any problems with weight gain/loss, mood swings, etc.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaSigKGB
I'm on the "y" chromosome. It is extremely effective, but it has some strange side effects like growing hair on my chest, and bulginess in my crotch area.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
I'm on Triphasil-28 and I've had no side effects from it. I've been taking it for a few years now and I have not had any problems with weight gain/loss, mood swings, etc.
That was the first bcp I ever took. I didn't gain weight or anything but I was naseated as all get out. I used to lay in bed for hours w/o moving just so I wouldn't puke. Getting up in class every day to go get sick became a ritual. I quickly switched to something milder. I am glad that you have had no problems
Old 08-09-2004, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by swissmiss04
That was the first bcp I ever took. I didn't gain weight or anything but I was naseated as all get out. I used to lay in bed for hours w/o moving just so I wouldn't puke. Getting up in class every day to go get sick became a ritual. I quickly switched to something milder. I am glad that you have had no problems
Really? Wow...I've never experienced anything like that, thankfully!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ambición6 Send a message via Yahoo to ambición6
estrostep

Last edited by ambición6; 06-20-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GMUBunny Send a message via Yahoo to GMUBunny
Quote:
Originally posted by JennRN
I am curious about the patch though. Does it irritate your skin were you have it on? I thought that was a possible side effect and my skin is sometimes sensitive.
My skin is sensitive, too but I haven't had any problems with irritation from the patch. The only complaint I do have is the "gunk" that DeltaBetaBaby mentioned. It's the same thing that happens when you have a band-aid on.

Proud mommy of Tiernan Vincent 8-8-05 and Gwendolyn Iona 12-13-07!
Old 08-09-2004, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I Started the patch in about April. Before that I had been on Ortho Novum 7/7/7 for 11 years. I had a random spike in blood pressure so my Dr. took me off of it in case that was what the cause was. He thought the hormone level was too high and wanted me on something lower, like the patch. I absolutely love and would not go back to the pill unless I had too.

As far as the sensitive skin goes, the first few weeks I used it I ended up with a dry patch of skin but nothing to major. I also hate the gunk around it but found that if I washed it well and scraped off any gunk that was on it daily it didn't get bad.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
Allesse and Trojans. One for me, one for him. I figure that's fair enough.

[*Very* rarely, like around July b-days/anniversary and Xmas/New Year's, we'll just have the pill. But I *really* don't want kids until after the promotions take effect and we buy a bigger house.]
Old 08-10-2004, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Now here's a random question for those of you who are on or who were on the bcp. Has your sex drive changed at all? Increased? Decreased ? Remained the same? If so how long have you been on your current pill...just doing a little comparative research here.