GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Omicron Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,466
2 members and 2,464 guests
TLLK

Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
I don't think Heather Whitestone and Debbie Matanopoulis should remain on the list.They are NOT AOIIs.
Agreed! No offense to them but I think only initiated sisters too!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-15-2008, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

We need to add Aneta Corsaut (Rho) who played Andy Griffith's girlfriend and later wife on "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Mayberry R.F.D." I never knew this until it showed up in my new To Dragma that came today. Since AOII has an unofficial policy not to list "famous" alumnae, I wonder how many famous AOIIs are out there that we have no clue about?

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Im reading my To Dragma right now!! One of my close chapter sisters is pictured in the headquarters pic and 3 of my other sisters are pictured on pg 55 (the chapter name is a typo i guess).

I was also surprised that there is an AI with my first AND last name! lol

Last edited by twinkle555; 07-15-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PandaPrincess15 Send a message via Skype™ to PandaPrincess15
About the true life thing, I'm pretty sure neither of those girls are AOPi's... one was an ADPi @ Murray or UK.... now the team that was on Cheerleader Nation 2 years ago one is now a Theta at UK and all the other girls aren't Greek. One of them however cheers at UK, but your not allowed to be on the cheer squad and be a greek member...
Old 02-18-2009, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought Debbi Matenopoulus was an AOII. she says that she is... and i've seen her do Alpha Love at the end of Daily 10 one time. I remember cause I freaked out.
In 1897 four amazing women at Barnard College, decided to start something amazing and something tattooed in my heart for eternity... I may fight with my sisters but i wake up every morning and thank those founders filled with Alpha Love.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII1897 View Post
I thought Debbi Matenopoulus was an AOII. she says that she is... and i've seen her do Alpha Love at the end of Daily 10 one time. I remember cause I freaked out.
Nope, she's not an AOII either.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

haha so i was just reminded of this. we don't have to guess anymore we can look it up on incircle and find out if these famous people were ever initiated because everyone who ever was in on there.
In 1897 four amazing women at Barnard College, decided to start something amazing and something tattooed in my heart for eternity... I may fight with my sisters but i wake up every morning and thank those founders filled with Alpha Love.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

The funny part of Margaret Bourke-White is that she was suspended by AOII, and then, later, the Executive Board voted to reinstate her as a member in good standing. You can tell she was fond of AOII because she left so many of her photos to AOII IHQ. I guess she was suspended because she was out and about photographing factories at night rather than attending AOII meetings. :-)
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morag View Post
The funny part of Margaret Bourke-White is that she was suspended by AOII, and then, later, the Executive Board voted to reinstate her as a member in good standing. You can tell she was fond of AOII because she left so many of her photos to AOII IHQ. I guess she was suspended because she was out and about photographing factories at night rather than attending AOII meetings. :-)
I guess if anyone has a good reason to have a suspension reversal, a talented photographer ready to donate lovely artwork to our sorority may be a reason!

AOII

Old 09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

since we're adding Title Holders
Miss Florida 2001 Julie Donaldson is an AOII from Gamma Omicron at UF
Old 02-05-2010, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
I know it's late news, and most everyone would know...but,
Miss North Carolina 2009 is an AOII from Elon College--Epsilon Chi?
Miss Colorado 2009 is an AOII from University of Northern Colorado--Epsilon Gamma
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I love that when pushed, Margaret Bourke-White is referenced, because she broke the mold and excelled in a man's world. She was the first Western journalist into the Death Camps in WWII, the last Western Journalist to photograph and interview Ghandi, had the first cover of Life Magazine.

Other AOIIs of note: 1) Mary Dawson, Canada's Ethics Commissioner and Conflict of Interest Commissioner. She was also the last review the Canadian Constitution before it was signed by the Queen and PM Pierre Elliott Trudeau. 2) Janis MacKey Frayer, a CTV News journalist. She is currently in the Middle East and was on CTV news today, in fact, about the Commonwealth Games in New Dehli.

I had heard of the Coke colour story, and a story that Frank Capra's wife was an AOII, which is evident to AOIIs when they watch Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (if the unconfirmed rumour is correct). Of course, that movie might just be a fluke, and Capra may not have been married to an AOII. :-)
Old 10-09-2010, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Since AOII has an unofficial policy not to list "famous" alumnae, I wonder how many famous AOIIs are out there that we have no clue about?
We have an unofficial policy? I wasn't aware of this, funny!
Old 10-09-2010, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRose View Post
We have an unofficial policy? I wasn't aware of this, funny!
Yeah, you'll notice that we don't have a list on our International website like other organizations do. It's because somewhere along the line, the powers that be decided that putting too much emphasis on "famous" sisters deemphasized the importance of every sister whether or not she is famous.

AOII

Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Famous Olympians?

I recall hearing that your HQ was not "into" having a list of Famous AOPis, but from this post on Facebook, it looks like they'd be okay with Olympians!

Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity

The countdown has begun to the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games - good luck to all of our Panhellenic sisters competing in the games this year! We have not yet heard of any AOIIs competing - if you know of someone, please send us an email at aoiionline@alphaomicronpi.org! If you are attending the games, let us know and send us photos!