GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,001
2 members and 999 guests
AOIIalum, zsamulpitt5293

Old 10-17-2018, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Loved reading this thread! My neighbor is very "sensitive". We have a pond behind our house and when she moved in, she had this feeling that she HAD to get a fence put in ASAP for her younger kids. They could swim fine, but she just couldn't shake the feeling. She then had a very vivid dream that there had been a big old house across the street before our (20 y.o.) homes were built and that a little boy died in the pond. She asked the builder and he described a big old farm house that sat across the street before the property was sold and the new houses put in. She has seen a little boy in her house from time to time, and her son has described him as well! She says it doesn't scare her when she sees things which just sounds crazy to me! *I* must not be sensitive since I'm on the same pond and have never seen/heard anything. Thank goodness!

But her bigger ghost story is from a time she was visiting a friend in Richmond (we are in VA), staying in her centuries-old townhome in the historic area. There was no central A/C in the home, just a window air conditioner, but the friend's husband had asked that they NOT run it for whatever reason. Still, she woke up hot and turned it on. A while later, she was awakened by someone tapping her feet. She thought it was the husband coming to reprimand her for turning it on, and pretended to be asleep, but they kept tapping at her feet. She woke up and saw an old-time soldier standing in full uniform and tapping her and then pointing to something in the distance--I guess trying to get her attention about something! Again, she was not afraid--she told him she couldn't understand him and he eventually disappeared. Her husband slept peacefully throughout all this (of course!).
Old 10-17-2018, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Did your or your neighbor ever find out if a little boy did indeed drown in the pond in real life?
Old 10-21-2018, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

No, neither of us have ever looked into a drowning but we know people on the historical society and should see what we can find out at some point.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Great thread (even if old). I used to live in a house that was built in 1793, in Valley Forge, PA right next to Valley Forge National park. It had a ghost and the sellers disclosed this before we signed the papers.

The ghost was not malicious, but would do things from time to time. It turned off the burner on the stove while I was in the middle of making something (I accused my then-husband, but he wasn't in the room and had no idea what I was talking about). The ghost also turned on a radio full blast when I walked into the room - I said, "That isn't funny" and snapped it off. Probably the weirdest thing was my then-husband and I were standing in the kitchen talking about the ghost and how nothing had happened for a while, when all of a sudden a bottle of whiskey that had been on top of the fridge came flying off and dented the countertop edge on the way down. It didn't break. I guess he wanted to let us know he was still there.

I also have a picture - I'll see if I can post it - of me standing with my back to the kitchen with a giant orb right on my back. It's really cool.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

https://imgur.com/a/8VaGq1l

I can't figure out how to post here, but hopefully this link works.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG, Lisa!!! How long ago did you move from that house?
Old 11-02-2018, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

We sold the house in 2010 after our divorce was final - I now live in a new McMansion in Maryland, with a newish husband. No paranormal activity to speak of!

I forgot to mention that the old house had been owned by one family since 1793 until the people that owned it before us bought it. The property was called Brittain's Corner. Someone was killed in a hunting accident on the property and we think that's who was haunting the house.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I am the house director for a sorority (not my own) that has a ghost. When I first moved in the girls mentioned the ghost and I shrugged it off. When they went on their sisterhood retreat, I was doing some clean up and washing. When I came to a shall bathroom I couldn't get the door opened. I could see through the little bit that opened that a drawer right behind the door was opened. Couldn't figure out how in the world anyone got out of that bathroom with the drawer opened and blocking the door. When the girls came back one of them said, "I see you met our ghost." She was laughing about the opened drawer blocking the door and how they had to send one of the skinniest girls through the window over the shower to get inside and close the drawer. Ghost isn't malicious at all, but does like to make her presence known.

DaffyKD
Old 04-18-2020, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

I was sitting at the computer a couple of years ago and I knew I was alone in the house. This was right after one of our daughters passed away and all of a sudden, this voice that sounded very like hers blasted one of ours sons' names through the bedroom and when I say blasted, I mean air came across the bed.

The dogs were terrified and jumped off the bed. I froze in my seat.

There is no way anyone else was in the house. Even if they had been, they would have had to be on the squeaky wooden floor or stairs outside the door and that would have outed them.

Would she have done that to spook me? Yes. Do I think she did? No idea what happened, I have no explanation.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

I'm in a Halloween mood after explaining Halloween to our exchange students. I haven't told them about what all has happened here or maybe they would take off, but we went to the attic and looked at decorations and decided what we'll be putting up. And then I decided that I wanted to find and read this thread. TTT!
Old 08-23-2020, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Even in SW FL I am getting into the fall spirit. Anyone have any good new ghost stories?
Old 08-23-2020, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

FSUZeta, your post from this morning somehow isn't showing when I attempt reading the last page of this thread. Must be more paranormals??
Old 08-23-2020, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

When I lived in Atlanta, I spent about six months competitive sailing. We would practice at Lake Lanier (NE of Atlanta). So glad I didn’t know Lake Lanier is haunted when I was sailing or I would never have done that. You know when Lake Lanier is trending on Twitter that someone has died or they’ve found the bodies of people who have been missing.
Old 08-23-2020, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

So many people die there every year! If anyplace is haunted, Lanier would be.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a spectacular and recent example, and it even comes with creepy pictures!

Long story short: A little two-year old girl from New Mexico was murdered about two years ago by her mother's boyfriend. Another family of a murder victim in the same cemetery where she's buried had a hidden camera on that victim's grave due to it being vandalized. The camera picked up images of a little girl wandering around the cemetery in the middle of the night. In one picture, the little girl is stooped over and looking at a grave. It looks soooo much like the little murdered girl! And it's spooky as hell.

Google "Faviola Rodriguez" and look for the stories with the pictures.