GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,422
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, indisigma00
» Online Users: 2,665
2 members and 2,663 guests
Xidelt

Old 11-01-2012, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Phi 1963 View Post
Hc y'all don't start packn and shoot back if you happen to run into him? Hopefully, you won't, but if folks start shooting back at this dude, he might think twice before he shoots at more people.
Seriously? I don't have a gun, and I don't want one! I think they need to do away with them, period! We can't drive safely, and we can't even enjoy an effing movie without being afraid that some asshole is going to start popping off rounds! I'm so sick of this CRAP!!!
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 11-01-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-01-2012, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Alright, was the loofah a Pinterest halloween costume idea this year? I had never heard of the idea and then I saw like 30 this year.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by txAOII_15 View Post
Wah! GC is not loading any images for me
Mine too. Gave me a WTF moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Seriously? I don't have a gun, and I don't want one! I think they need to do away with them, period! We can't drive safely, and we can't even enjoy an effing movie without being afraid that some asshole is going to start popping off rounds! I'm so sick of this CRAP!!!
CTFU! You are mad as hell LOL. I feel you, but doing that is only going to make the situation worse. The criminals are going to get the guns regardless. Folks who want the guns for self-defense are the ones who would have a hard time getting them, if they made it your way.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
That is crazy.

It reminds me of when I lived in Germany. There were folks who would throw rocks off of bridges onto the autobahns. I will never understand why people feel the need to do dumb shit like that.
People do that here. It happened to one of my HS English teachers. The rock they threw smashed through her windshield and crushed her face. She showed us where her entire nose and part of her forehead had been reconstructed. It's a miracle she lived through that.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 11-01-2012, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, so I said I was disappointed in "The Big Salad", but I've decided to try again, but this time a different salad. Maybe it will look and taste better.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I have my first residency interview in the morning, and my first pre-interview dinner tonight. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So stressful, and I have to do this 10 more times before Christmas!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

After saving for so long, I never thought I would see the day that I buy I nice home in Novi/Northville, but I made it happen. However, I had no idea I would be taking my trash out while at the same time carrying my gun, paranoid and looking around that this dude is going to take a shot at me, like he did the first guy taking his trash out. Fortunately for me, I live in a cul-de-sac, towards the back, which is somewhat a benefit in this case.

I also think he's got two cars, because I just can't see how the police can't spot a black mustang with black flames on it.
Romans 1:16
Old 11-01-2012, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Hopefully they catch that asshole before he kills someone. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot of national coverage on it either.

So I went as Paul Ryan for Halloween this year-
Everybody- who are you dressed as?
Me- Paul Ryan
90% of Everybody- who's Paul Ryan?
Me- Facepalm

These weren't trick or treaters but 25-40 yr olds asking me who Paul Ryan was.

Also, to the girl I went to high school with who just had her 7th baby and is always lamenting how she never has a man in her life... Um, you're 30 and have 7 kids. That's a pretty big thing for a guy to get involved with so get used to the single life. And please stop having kids, the whole octomom thing is just gross.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
^^^ Hopefully they catch that asshole before he kills someone. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot of national coverage on it either.

So I went as Paul Ryan for Halloween this year-
Everybody- who are you dressed as?
Me- Paul Ryan
90% of Everybody- who's Paul Ryan?
Me- Facepalm

These weren't trick or treaters but 25-40 yr olds asking me who Paul Ryan was.

Also, to the girl I went to high school with who just had her 7th baby and is always lamenting how she never has a man in her life... Um, you're 30 and have 7 kids. That's a pretty big thing for a guy to get involved with so get used to the single life. And please stop having kids, the whole octomom thing is just gross.
But she found 7 dudes to sperminate her...does that not count as a "man in her life?"
Old 11-01-2012, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Also, from the article: " I-96 is safe to travel, you just have to be vigilant."

How can being vigilant help? It's not like you can just avoid an area of a freeway if you're on a freeway. It's not like there's anything you can do to defend yourself. Ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Phi 1963 View Post
Hc y'all don't start packn and shoot back if you happen to run into him? Hopefully, you won't, but if folks start shooting back at this dude, he might think twice before he shoots at more people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
After saving for so long, I never thought I would see the day that I buy I nice home in Novi/Northville, but I made it happen. However, I had no idea I would be taking my trash out while at the same time carrying my gun, paranoid and looking around that this dude is going to take a shot at me, like he did the first guy taking his trash out. Fortunately for me, I live in a cul-de-sac, towards the back, which is somewhat a benefit in this case.

I also think he's got two cars, because I just can't see how the police can't spot a black mustang with black flames on it.

I've only heard a dark colored 4 door sedan, like a black Toyota Camry or Ford Fusion. I haven't heard a black mustang with black flames at all.

The point they were trying to make in the article about I-96 being safe was that only 3 of the 24 shootings occurred on the freeway itself. The others were all near that freeway. As I said, when I was driving on that freeway last week, I tried to stay between two other vehicles at all times. They believe that when on the freeway, he was driving one way and shooting at cars going the other way. There's no way you'd be able to shoot him back when you're both going at least 70 in opposite directions.

I think it hasn't gotten national attention because it's just that stretch of freeway and there's been a lot of other stuff going on (election, hurricane, etc.) They might have tried to keep it quiet during the World Series and stuff too so people wouldn't be afraid to go to the D. This is actually about 25-35 miles from Detroit proper although people wouldn't realize that if they didn't know the area.

There were two other incidents that they originally thought was the same guy but it turned out they weren't. I think they were both on Monday.

I'm thinking the guy must not look anything like the sketch they released because wouldn't someone have turned him in by now if he did? They are offering $102K reward for information leading to a conviction.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
That is crazy.

It reminds me of when I lived in Germany. There were folks who would throw rocks off of bridges onto the autobahns. I will never understand why people feel the need to do dumb shit like that.
They still do that... sigh. And unfortunately, some Dutch a$$holes picked up on it and started doing it too.

Last edited by Tulip86; 11-01-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ That has happened here too before. I always cringe a little when I see someone on a walkway over the freeway as I'm going under it. That doesn't happen often, thankfully.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

This woman on my newsfeed keeps bitching about how she doesn't have power back yet. The kicker? SHE HAS A GENERATOR. Her refridgerator and lights are working, hell, her TV is working!

She keeps saying "F*** you, [power company]!" and then couching it in "they're always difficult to deal with." Yeah, with how many thousand customers without power, they're just looking to piss you off.

I get that it's frustrating, and I have other friends posting about stir-crazy and whatnot and lord knows I would understand wanting normalcy, but the tone of her posts just makes me mad. PEOPLE LOST THEIR HOMES.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Two young women I know just got engaged to each other. Terrific people - I love them both to pieces. One of them confided in me that she worried would affect her membership in a club we're both members of.

It makes me sad as hell that she even has to think about that. She should be over the moon about meeting someone she wants to spend her life with, not worried about the opinions of a few small-minded folks.

Life is short, and we all deserve someone to share it with.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMaroon View Post
Two young women I know just got engaged to each other. Terrific people - I love them both to pieces. One of them confided in me that she worried would affect her membership in a club we're both members of.

It makes me sad as hell that she even has to think about that. She should be over the moon about meeting someone she wants to spend her life with, not worried about the opinions of a few small-minded folks.

Life is short, and we all deserve someone to share it with.
Like.