GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,119
2 members and 1,117 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 04-26-2006, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to _Opi_
The movie looks cheap and not with much substance. However..

I must say that actor is one fine man....
Old 04-27-2006, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Studio 33 (aka The Bob Barker Studio), CBS Television City
Michael Baisden interviews producer of "Tired Black Men"

Check out the Michael Baisden interview of the "Tired Black Men" producer Tim Alexander on his show "Love, Lust, and Lies":

Michael Baisden radio interview with Tim Alexander

Last edited by Rain Man; 04-27-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Another radio interview, this one on Al Sharpton's show

Here is a 48 minute clip from Al Sharpton's show "Keeping It Real"

Radio Interview on Al Sharpton's Show
Old 04-29-2006, 05:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Context is a wonderful thing...

Context is everything. When I first viewed the clip last week, I rolled my eyes at it. Instead of watching it and just listening to the dialogue, I was filling in the ‘blanks’ and adding dialogue that wasn’t even there.

After listening to Tim Alexander (screenwriter/producer) on Al Sharpton and Michael Baisden’s talk shows, I re-watched the clip.

Never did the black male character degrade black women, praise white women, or allude to white women being better than black women. In his dialogue he only defended himself and defended his right (and everybody’s right for that matter) to happiness.

The doggone man said, “I want happiness and peace; it’s not about a woman who is white or black. I just want to be happy.”

After listening to Tim Alexander’s interview, I think he has some personal issues (for instance being engaged six different times to six different women buying six different rings but NEVER making it down the aisle). BUT that is neither here nor there. It doesn’t take away from the short film’s message. Good black men just want to be happy.

Dag, I just wanna be a happy JD’07, so I CANNOT fault a good black man for just wanting to be happy in his specific situation. Period.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

A few posters, both men and women! have made a point that needs to be repeated.

Character counts! When you select a potential mate the chances that they will flake out on your are slim to none UNLESS they were prone to drama BEFORE you dated.

Sometimes folks are so blind they can't see. Take that movie clip for example, as easily as that guy picked the "drama queen" he could have selected the less (pick one) attractive, educated, socially prominent, beautiful, fashionable dresser......
Old 05-01-2006, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhrozenGenius Send a message via Yahoo to PhrozenGenius
I am 22 and my dating experiences are limited to the couple of relationships I've had in High School and my last um *cough, cough* 5 years *cough, cough* in college.

I'm graduating in 11 days, 8 hours, 29 minutes, and 17 seconds and the future of dating scares me just based on my experiences in college.

I'm a good dude, highly motivated and such, but I can't seem to catch a break when it comes to dating my sisters. I've run across all of the "stereotypical" females that were mentioned in a previous post and some of my best friends are the "stereotypical" black males that sistas always gripe about. (i.e.-The Thug, the Serial Babydaddy, the Player, the Wannabe Player, the Compulsive Liar, the Brotha That Only Dates <insert other ethnicity here> Girls)

The problem lies with both of us and we've already established that fact, however what makes it more complicated is that it appears to be a situation of both NATURE and NURTURE.

Black women/men often times hold current guys/ladies accountable for something that happened in their past. It's quite easy to be apprehensible about dating somebody new after being hurt. That's nature (If you touch a stove and it burns you, your body tells you DO NOT touch it again) That has GOT TO STOP! If you allow your trust issues to deter you from getting to know a wonderful person because you've already convicted them of a crime that they never committed then you are sabotaging the relationship and perpetuating your own B.S.! People like to cite their "trust issues" that they've developed from past relationships as a reason for sometimes erratic behavior in current relationships. Well, as long as you're allowing your past pains/mistakes to dictate your present you will NEVER truly be happy because you're still REVELING in it.

The Nurture part of it I can only speak on from what I've studied on women. Women have been raised to be SO independent that sometimes interdependence is unfathomable. That results in some women going into relationships like a business venture, a battle, or a self-centered concept. If you constantly tell us, "N**** I don't need you," or "I'm an independent woman" then we naturally are going to be sick of hearing it because it's always confrontational. In confrontation we go into fight ot flight mode, when we're tired of fighting, we naturally fly away. Immediately thereafter we become the "Triflin' black man."

WE KNOW YOU'RE INDEPENDENT AND STRONG! That's why we love you, but if you're so independent and strong that we don't feel needed, then we won't think you need us. Men and women are alike in the aspect of wanting to feel needed and wanted.

I know I just spoke in a couple of absolute terms, but I will recognize the fact that there are exceptions to every rule. I have an ex that is the antithesis of this argument, she recognizes her strength and independence but knows that she still wants and needs me.

Anyway, I think I've spilled enough of my guts for now...

PEACE

FYI-Read "When Chickenheads Come Home To Roost" it illustrates and articulates my argument better than I ever could...from a female perspective.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Some Insight

I would like to know when exactly, did Black men develop such distain for Black women?

Traditionally, because of circumstances, Black women have had to be the backbone of the Black family. I won't even go into slavery; let's talk 50, 60 years ago, when Black men were being systematically shut out of "the system" (jobs, etc). Not to mention the slaughter of Black men. Someone had to feed/clothe the children, pay rent, etc. Black women were left to do that, as a result of a Black man not working, or having been killed.

Look at the footage of Bull Connor sic'ing his dogs and fire hoses on Black people, and tell me how many black WOMEN you see out there, side by side, with black men. How many Black WOMEN refused to ride the Montgomery buses? How many Black WOMEN put up with disrespect from rutting white men? The stories of white men taking sexual advantage of Black women...and encouraging their sons to do the same...is documented.

Having dealt with all this trauma, having loved Black men through all the hardship...and what is our reward? Black men have no more use for us, because we're not what, soft and feminine enough? Because we're assertive? And while I understand a Black man wanting "peace" in his life, let's be real...the behavior of more than a few Black men certainly does not contribute to "peace". In fact, I believe that, unless a Black woman is psychotic, many have legitimate reasons to be pissed off. For one, Black women are TIRED, with a capital T.

I've worked for the same company for over 15 years. One the things I've noticed is when black women...married black women...have babies, they are forced to run back to work after only six week of maternity leave (or 12 if she's had a "C" section). They are exhausted from caring for a newborn and having to work a full time job. Question: WHERE are the husbands, and WHY are they NOT doing their job? And what is their job? To care for their wife and child. Period. Don't get me wrong, I am not an advocate for a sista sitting on her ass all day, while hubby works, but I think EVERY woman should be allowed the necessity...not privilege...of being at home with her baby until it is old enough to attend nursery school...usually about age 2. Then she can get back into the work force. Compare this with white women who have children and who take extended leaves of absence. I have yet to meet a woman in this co. who has NOT taken an extended/indefinite leave of absence, to be home with her children, with the exception of two executives who had the privilege of having live in au pairs care for their children. They do not drag into work exhausted as a result of having been up all night with a baby. Because their husbands take care of them both, until baby is ready for school, and mother is ready to return to work.

It is sad to say, but many married black women don't have it much better than single women with a baby. And that makes no sense to me. What good is a man if he is not able to care for his family the way he should? It is a man's JOB to provide for his wife and baby. How can a man be comfortable with his wife having to trudge to a babysitter with his baby, a few months old? What happened to stretching a dollar? What happened to doing without unnecessary items? Is an extra paycheck more important than the safety and well being of a newborn? Is it not more important that a new mother be able to properly care for, and bond with, her baby? A man does what is necessary to take care of his family, even if it means working two, or three jobs.

I remember being a little girl. My mother did not work outside the home until I was a teenager. And my father took care of both of us. I remember that he worked two jobs in those early years. And yes he was tired. And yes, I had to keep quiet while daddy slept. But the point was, he "manned up" and did what a man is supposed to do...take care of his family. In fact, he was not pleased that my mother wanted to work, but there was no need for her to be at home all day. I was 14, a pretty mature young lady, and able to take over her duties i.e. cooking, etc. But he didn't stand in her way of working. And work she did....and helped him to purchase a home they've had for nearly 40 years.

I think that a situation where a black woman is "nagging" a good black man, or giving him a hard time for no reason is extremely rare. In most cases, when a sista is nagging, there is a good reason behind it. However, nagging doesn't fix things. So it's up to her to sit down and make some serious decisions regarding her marriage.

Last edited by Yaya Nuri; 06-23-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Yaya Nuri,

There are many reasons why having a "family" fails in the Untied States. Primarily, starting with marriage or children, either order... I think we are a product of our times.

Then there is redefinition of what we call a "family".

Currently, for Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Black Family Target we are dealing with extremely basic needs to sustain just women and children--i.e. making sure children are being fed during those developmental years. Or just being buckled up in a car seat.

But to maintain a family structure is a tough proposal with the rules of that "nuclear family" have drastically changed well over 40 years ago. It is okay to get a divorce for irrecconcilable differences (no fault). It's costly to divorce, but now it is acceptable in today's society's norms...

It's okay for a teenager or older woman to have an "out of wedlock" pregnancy and child, then to abort it, if the woman so chooses it. That is today's society's norms.

And let's not forget that it is okay for anybody to have sex with anybody nowadays. Forget about the fact that more African American women are becoming new cases of HIV infection...

These are morality questions. Only a religious or Spiritual sense can solve them. However, the decadence can only be solved by violent methods if we have learned anything from the past...

The question is are we prepared for that violence?

The other question is many "soothsayers" are speaking in "tongues" (shall I say) and the normal progression of things is as such that there is a change to a new millennium (some call it prophecy, others call it life going in cycles). That new millennium it supposed to be called the "Age of the Goddess"--a more feminine nature to dealing with life--it takes decades or scores to come into fruition. And what we are all witnessing is the birth pangs of that new Age...

I dunno? But there is a reason for just about everything...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 06-23-2006, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=PhrozenGenius]... If you constantly tell us, "N**** I don't need you," or "I'm an independent woman" then we naturally are going to be sick of hearing it because it's always confrontational. In confrontation we go into fight ot flight mode, when we're tired of fighting, we naturally fly away. Immediately thereafter we become the "Triflin' black man." QUOTE]

I'm really, really bored of the stereotypes that Black women are bitter or confrontational when it comes to men. So many non-Black women I've known fit this mold but don't get stuck with the same labels.

Yaya Nuri made a good point: while some Black men have ended up being transient figures in the lives of the families they help to create (through their own decisions or systemic factors), Black women have largely stayed put and raised our Black children. Many of us have had to be independent in order to survive. And hard lives and struggles often lead to bitterness, no matter the race. Phrozen Genius, you suggest that's why men "fly away"-- I counter that Black women become bitter in response to Black men flying away or acting "trifling." A Black woman who is in a happy and healthy relationship is as warm and loving as a woman of any other color in a happy and healthy relationship.

I've heard Black men justify their interracial relationships by saying: Black women have too many kids out of wedlock, are focused on material wealth, not physically fit, uneducated, and ignorant. It would be less offensive if those men would just say, "I fell in love with this non-Black woman" instead of stereotyping all Black women as "chickenheads" to justify their selection of a S.O. What about the mothers and sisters of these men? Were or are they chickenheads? Black men should appreciate more than anyone else the diversity and beauty of Black women.

I also chuckle at men who exclusively date interracially and blame it on Black women (I've known several) -- what self-denial! In my experience, these men have lacked self-confidence and had tremendous self-loathing. If a Black man says he can't find any Black women of quality, I believe he is purposely overlooking them in order to find non-Black women for his own purposes.

I have been involved with men of all colors, and several of the relationships I look on most fondly were interracial relationships. But I'm not turning around and criticizing Black men to make some pathetic justification as to why I "was forced" to date White or Asian men. I feel that I don't need to justify attraction and love. Black men don't need to justify love-- if that is what they have for their non-Black mate-- but more to the point, they also don't need to typecast Black women as mean, confrontational, or ignorant.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=So blessed!][QUOTE=PhrozenGenius]... If you constantly tell us, "N**** I don't need you," or "I'm an independent woman" then we naturally are going to be sick of hearing it because it's always confrontational. In confrontation we go into fight ot flight mode, when we're tired of fighting, we naturally fly away. Immediately thereafter we become the "Triflin' black man." QUOTE]

I seriously doubt if sistas who are married to brothas who are true heads of their households...are loving, caring, respectful, faithful to their wives, and good fathers...are telling these men they don't need them. We sistas NEED black men; the kind I just described. What we DON'T need are men who are weak, indecisive, unfaithful to us (thus exposing us to diseases that will rot out our reproductive organs, or kill us), childlike, etc.

I've heard Black men justify their interracial relationships by saying: Black women have too many kids out of wedlock, are focused on material wealth, not physically fit, uneducated, and ignorant. It would be less offensive if those men would just say, "I fell in love with this non-Black woman" instead of stereotyping all Black women as "chickenheads" to justify their selection of a S.O. What about the mothers and sisters of these men? Were or are they chickenheads? Black men should appreciate more than anyone else the diversity and beauty of Black women.

This excuse is just that...an excuse. I know too many women who do NOT have multiple children out of wedlock, who ARE physically fit, who burned the midnight oil studying AND held down a full time job, and who are intelligent. I happen to be one of these many women. I would respect these black men much more if they'd simply say, "I find white women more attractive than black women", and keep it moving. The excuses are tired. I'll end with this: let Black men have white women if they choose. And understand that, should they suffer "consequences" of their choice, don't look to the Black community to stand up for them, march or protest on their behalf. We apparently are not good enough to be their wives and the mother of their children, but we're just fine for marching/protesting on their behalf when some "racial strife" befalls them. I don't think so.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Yaya Nuri, have you asked the AA women why they come back to work so fast when their non-AA counterparts tend to come back after a longer time off? It may not be a matter of the husband not being supportive - it could be any number of factors that AA women sometimes deal with that non-AA don't deal with to the same extent. For example, in my line of work, the longer you are out, the less likely that you will get the good work when you come back - unless someone is looking out for you, like a very powerful mentor, and has mercy on you (things that AA often do not have). Also, the less likely that you will be promoted, unless someone is really looking out for you. AA women may face being relegated to a lesser position upon return and non-AA women may have the luxury of mentors, etc. that will ensure that their place to held to some extent. For another example, AA are often raised to be very independent and although they are married, some do not feel comfortable with just being at home for months on end. Why? B/c the upbringing is sometimes to ensure that you are able to take care of yourself at all costs. I don't advocate this sort of upbringing and what I call
hyperindependence, I'm just pointing out that it happens. Finally, the women that you work with may just be bored at home. That's what happened to a friend of mine. She had her son, her husband was completely supportive and she could still be at home now if she wanted to be (a year later) but she got BORED with sitting at home after a few months and wanted to do something outside the house so she went back to her job as a professor. And she isn't taking her son to a babysitter, her mother and father are retired and her mother and mother in law are gladly watching their new grandson while she is away at work.

I also have to say (with reference to your post) there is no way that I would be able to stay off my job for 2 years. I would be BORED out of my mind. There are only so many Mocha Moms meetings that one can attend. LOL. Also, if I stay off for 2 years, I might as well not come back at all b/c my job will not be held for me for 2 years. I'm sorry, SC just doesn't have it like that. Maybe others on GC are more lucky in their work environments. Finally, you mentioned your Dad working two jobs and your Mom being a Homemaker until you were 14 or so. I guess that being a Daddy's Girl growing up, I would rather go back to work sooner than have my husband away from his children so many hours of the day and so tired when he gets home. I know that I would have missed my Dad dearly and we wouldn't have the relationship that we have now probably. So there are trade-offs to each situation but my point is, perhaps there are other reasons that the AA women come back to work sooner.

Just pointing out possibilities that may explain AA coming back to work sooner.

I would also like to add that in my opinion, just b/c a husband is not able to support the entire family with his income alone (or at least support the family for 2 years) does not make him a poor provider in my opinion. It depends on the standard of living that *that woman* and *that man* have decided to have as between the two of them. If they have decided that they want to have a certain standard of living that cannot be (long) supported by just the man's income alone, what is the harm in that? I just don't see that it's fair to infer that the man is basically shiftless and slacking on his duties. For instance, in Cali, the median home price is 550K (3 bedroom basic house that may need some repairs - not joking) making the mortgage over 3000 per month, add to that the cost of utilities, two cars, insurance for both cars, gas (LOL) and food, and you are probably over 5000 per month - that is w/out anykind of extravagant living, dining out, clothing, etc. This means that the man must *net* (not *gross*) over 5K to support this very basic lifestyle where nobody is buying clothes or dining out or going to the movies or taking vacations. He probably needs to gross at least 7K per month - which is 84K income per year. The median income is around 30-40K across the U.S. Even if he has a good job with a good income of 70K per year, he couldn't afford it on his own w/out his wife's income. He's not shiftless, he's just living in Cali.

Also, you never know someone else's financial history. Many times others may have inherited money, a house, anything that makes their financial picture rosier and which has nothing to do with their husband being a good provider or not. A friend of mine always says not to assume other people's financial situation and I think this is appropriate here.

SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaya Nuri
I would like to know when exactly, did Black men develop such distain for Black women?

Traditionally, because of circumstances, Black women have had to be the backbone of the Black family. I won't even go into slavery; let's talk 50, 60 years ago, when Black men were being systematically shut out of "the system" (jobs, etc). Not to mention the slaughter of Black men. Someone had to feed/clothe the children, pay rent, etc. Black women were left to do that, as a result of a Black man not working, or having been killed.

Look at the footage of Bull Connor sic'ing his dogs and fire hoses on Black people, and tell me how many black WOMEN you see out there, side by side, with black men. How many Black WOMEN refused to ride the Montgomery buses? How many Black WOMEN put up with disrespect from rutting white men? The stories of white men taking sexual advantage of Black women...and encouraging their sons to do the same...is documented.

Having dealt with all this trauma, having loved Black men through all the hardship...and what is our reward? Black men have no more use for us, because we're not what, soft and feminine enough? Because we're assertive? And while I understand a Black man wanting "peace" in his life, let's be real...the behavior of more than a few Black men certainly does not contribute to "peace". In fact, I believe that, unless a Black woman is psychotic, many have legitimate reasons to be pissed off. For one, Black women are TIRED, with a capital T.

I've worked for the same company for over 15 years. One the things I've noticed is when black women...married black women...have babies, they are forced to run back to work after only six week of maternity leave (or 12 if she's had a "C" section). They are exhausted from caring for a newborn and having to work a full time job. Question: WHERE are the husbands, and WHY are they NOT doing their job? And what is their job? To care for their wife and child. Period. Don't get me wrong, I am not an advocate for a sista sitting on her ass all day, while hubby works, but I think EVERY woman should be allowed the necessity...not privilege...of being at home with her baby until it is old enough to attend nursery school...usually about age 2. Then she can get back into the work force. Compare this with white women who have children and who take extended leaves of absence. I have yet to meet a woman in this co. who has NOT taken an extended/indefinite leave of absence, to be home with her children, with the exception of two executives who had the privilege of having live in au pairs care for their children. They do not drag into work exhausted as a result of having been up all night with a baby. Because their husbands take care of them both, until baby is ready for school, and mother is ready to return to work.

It is sad to say, but many married black women don't have it much better than single women with a baby. And that makes no sense to me. What good is a man if he is not able to care for his family the way he should? It is a man's JOB to provide for his wife and baby. How can a man be comfortable with his wife having to trudge to a babysitter with his baby, a few months old? What happened to stretching a dollar? What happened to doing without unnecessary items? Is an extra paycheck more important than the safety and well being of a newborn? Is it not more important that a new mother be able to properly care for, and bond with, her baby? A man does what is necessary to take care of his family, even if it means working two, or three jobs.

I remember being a little girl. My mother did not work outside the home until I was a teenager. And my father took care of both of us. I remember that he worked two jobs in those early years. And yes he was tired. And yes, I had to keep quiet while daddy slept. But the point was, he "manned up" and did what a man is supposed to do...take care of his family. In fact, he was not pleased that my mother wanted to work, but there was no need for her to be at home all day. I was 14, a pretty mature young lady, and able to take over her duties i.e. cooking, etc. But he didn't stand in her way of working. And work she did....and helped him to purchase a home they've had for nearly 40 years.

I think that a situation where a black woman is "nagging" a good black man, or giving him a hard time for no reason is extremely rare. In most cases, when a sista is nagging, there is a good reason behind it. However, nagging doesn't fix things. So it's up to her to sit down and make some serious decisions regarding her marriage.

Last edited by SummerChild; 06-26-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenGenius
I am 22 and my dating experiences are limited to the couple of relationships I've had in High School and my last um *cough, cough* 5 years *cough, cough* in college.

I'm graduating in 11 days, 8 hours, 29 minutes, and 17 seconds and the future of dating scares me just based on my experiences in college.
Sweetheart, you are too young to be thinking about walking down an aisle and committing yourself to wedded marital bliss... That is just my opinion. I personally think that until you have lived some kind of independent life without your mama or your daddy, only then can you be ready to be married...

I am coming from a true "Genesis" perspective--a man and woman must leave their families and cleave onto their spouses and become one flesh...

The idea is that 2 people are becoming a "family" to make more people, eventually... You and your significant other better be mature enough and prepared, financially, to handle all the aspects without runnin' back to anyone but each other...

Quote:
I'm a good dude, highly motivated and such, but I can't seem to catch a break when it comes to dating my sisters...The problem lies with both of us and we've already established that fact, however what makes it more complicated is that it appears to be a situation of both NATURE and NURTURE...Black women/men often times hold current guys/ladies accountable for something that happened in their past. It's quite easy to be apprehensible about dating somebody new after being hurt...Well, as long as you're allowing your past pains/mistakes to dictate your present you will NEVER truly be happy because you're still REVELING in it.
I think you are not getting many breaks because you are so young... 22ish? Right? An older woman in her 30's will break you in half, then run a game on you that will have your head spinning... But most intelligent sistahs do not do that because the number of "available functional men" opposed to "dysfunctional unavailable men" are extremely limited as one gets older...

The problem you are observing is one engrained in racist history... Namely, when the man of Afrikan descent fails, he falls fast and hard. The propensity for that man to fail fast and hard exponentially increases from teens to ~55 years old. After that time, men of Afrikan descent are no longer seen threatening, because these men are either disabled, felony convicted, extremely ill and strung out, or underemployed--essentially Spiritual Eunuchs if you can give them that kind of name. The men of Afrikan descent who actually made something of themselves are already taken... And if they are not, they do have a past--namely marriage, divorce and children... I know A LOT of men of Afrikan descent well into their 60's and 70's who are single these days... But, I would not be the one to marry them because they are not interested in a "new family building", they are probably more interested in a "companion" who shares likes and dislikes... Also, not to mention, my own father would be psychotic about it... But then, it doesn't matter, I'm married to a younger man of Afrikan descent...

Quote:
The Nurture part of it I can only speak on from what I've studied on women. Women have been raised to be SO independent that sometimes interdependence is unfathomable. That results in some women going into relationships like a business venture, a battle, or a self-centered concept. If you constantly tell us, "N**** I don't need you," or "I'm an independent woman" then we naturally are going to be sick of hearing it because it's always confrontational. In confrontation we go into fight ot flight mode, when we're tired of fighting, we naturally fly away. Immediately thereafter we become the "Triflin' black man."

WE KNOW YOU'RE INDEPENDENT AND STRONG! That's why we love you, but if you're so independent and strong that we don't feel needed, then we won't think you need us. Men and women are alike in the aspect of wanting to feel needed and wanted.
The women you are encountering are young and immature. They cannot handle your capability and may be jealous of it for whatever reason. Any girl that spouts off "I'm an independent woman" to her "man" to make it known she's has all that is really insecure with her own stuff and has self-esteem issues to begin with... It sounds like your recruitment strategy is off kilter and you are attracting or attracted to the wrong kinds of women.

A lot of women are unbalanced. Hayle, they have to balance at least 10 known hormones every month... And that crap starts from ~10/11 years old and doesn't stop until nearly 65 years old way after menopause... As a man, a sentient spiritual being, you have to be aware of the Shakti a woman exudes. She must maintain that structure or she will die from it. The regimented ways of man does not work for her, so she is makes it adaptable to her form and likeness just to function in a "man's world"...

Add career-building and desireability for family and you've got your "powder-keg"... Just like men love to go off into battle--be it on Halo or whatever XBOX 360 games you all have these days--or watching FIFA on ESPN with the exhilaration, it is the same dealyo with women and the ways and means to attain that "biological clock timebomb"...

Some women have it hitting earlier in their lives and are successful at quenching that thirst, even though it is not the most wisest of decisions to make... Other women suffer immensely by following all the rules it takes to satisfy the creed of "womanly Victorian behavior" beset by men 100's of years ago...

That is where I think a lot of sistahs get caught up... The fact that they don't have to be all Victorian in the way a relationship ought to work... They need to be about their own self-discovery and appreciation so that they have the Spiritual Nectar of Amitra to give to their spouse...

You need more Tantra in your life...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 06-28-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Another article on Tim Alexander, this one from NPR

This clip has gotten a LOT of press, and you know when NPR makes a story out of it, it has GOT to be some good newsworthy stuff. This link is complete with a text article, an audio segment from the show Weekend Edition, and sound clips from LaDawn Black and of course Tim Alexander.

Diary of a Tired Black Man on NPR
Old 07-12-2006, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate to be "Debbie Downer", but I think anything that shows distress and anger between the black man and the black woman will always get more press and publicity. It just further perpetuate the negative images and stereotypes that keep us apart and at each other's throats.