GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,077
1 members and 1,076 guests
No Members online

Old 02-23-2009, 03:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HottieTottie_
Sisters, the Theta Beta Chapter would like your help!

Hello ladies, I am the assitant Philanthropy Chair for the Theta Beta Chapter of Phi Mu. We have done Relay For Life for the American Cancer Society in the past, and this year I am the captain of our team. Our chapter is one that has been seriously affected by cancer, myself included, so the cause is close to our hearts- and we'd like to raise as much money for it as possible this year- however most of the other greek organizations at our school are involved as well this year so we are having a difficult time raising money!

I apologize if you consider this spamming, I'm new to this site obviously- but I was hoping that some sisters could find it in their hearts to donate even $5 to the cause in the name of our dear Phi Mu!

It's very simple, and only takes a second. Just follow the link below and click on the donate button at the top of the page, then choose the options that best suit you. Thank you in advance for your support, and please let me know if you have any questions!

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/gsuPHIMU

Phi Mu Love, and mine!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

THON

It is possible to raise money for this event-even if every other GLO on your campus is involved. Each year at Penn State there is a dance marathon for Pediatric Cancer. Thanks to efforts of the Greek community (which THON was started by the Greeks), THON has become the LARGEST Student Run Philanthropy in the WORLD! Each year we raise millions of dollars and it has gotten progressively bigger and better. This year, Penn State's THON raised over 7.4 million dollars.

If you would like to know some of the things you could potentially do to raise money, feel free to PM me. I would be more than happy to give you advice.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HottieTottie_
Well yes, but every organization has a different team so we're all competing against eachother to raise money, not working together. If you have any ideas that would help us out I would VERY much appreciate you PMing them to me... thank you!