GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,363
1 members and 1,362 guests
John

Old 05-08-2004, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Lil Bros

Since locals normally have lil bro organizations, I figured I'd place it in our forum.

What do you think would make a good lil bro rush slogan? So far we have, "Are you man enough to be a Lambda lil bro?"

and......

How do your lil bro's opperate? With ours, we have our "formal rush" but in case we have some guys that want to do it but can't during that time period we'll let them "pledge" when they can. Normally the process takes about 2 days for them. Also, we let them wear letters, but only w/"lil bro" underneath the letters.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-11-2004, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
thats interesting- i've never heard of having a brother/sister program like that-

my big bro asked me to be his little- and we're best friends but normally- your big sister gives you a big bro....
Old 05-11-2004, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

GLO's that have the lil bro/sis programs vary in intensity. One org has their lil sis's pledge for a few weeks and it's actually like pledging. Another fraternity has their lil sis's "pledge" for a week (know all their open info, etc) and then they're given shirts. At Rio, there's 3 out of 5 soro's that do lil bro programs. Some like to humiliate their lil bros, but like mine we really dont' care and ours is the shortest period of all of them.

Whoeover gets a lil bro goes by who's the oldest in the soro who hasn't had a lil bro yet.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

interesting...i have never heard it done like that before...here you just find a guy who you are close with and if you get to know them good enough, they ask you to be thier little or else you ask them.

as far as little bros go i think it is the same way
Old 05-12-2004, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Intresting....By us, the lil has to ask the big. It's someone you are close with that got in at least one semster before you. My big was alum a year and a half before I got in, but I am super close with him. We make them paddles andthey are supposedto get you a sest of your letters.

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 05-12-2004, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Right now I'm in the process of making my lil bro a shirt and his paddle thingy. I can't decide whether to make him a regular paddle, bowling pin (yes, I real one, lol) or an oar. I'm stuck., heh
Old 05-12-2004, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never heard of sororities having lil bros, especially to such a large scale. Do the sororities at your school have insurance or are you covered by your school? If you do, does the insurance get transferred to the lil bros if something happens while they were "pledging"? From what I understand, insurance played a large factor in why many national fraternities decided to do away with lil sis programs.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Daisy, we have 9 GLO's on campus, 7 of which have lil bro/lil sis programs. Only the 2 Nat'ls on campus have insurance, the rest of us don't. The pledging activities are much more different than actual pledges of the organization would go through. We have the typical pledge book/Lambda Loin Cloth that they have to get signed. It's more fun goofy stuff. I can only think of 2 organizations that actually take it somewhat seriously. Like with us, if you are a Lil Bro, that's cool, if you also want to be a LB of another organization that's cool with us. But with some groups it's like you have to "give up your lil letters" and never talk to them again