GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,647
1 members and 1,646 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 03-13-2001, 12:35 AM

Question Formal favors

Where's a good place to buy formal favors (glasses, mugs etc) either on- or off- line? Share your experiences with companies, good or bad...
Old 03-13-2001, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphi2k
Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl:
Where's a good place to buy formal favors (glasses, mugs etc) either on- or off- line? Share your experiences with companies, good or bad...
Hi. My guess is giving you the location where we bought ours is futile seeing as I live no where near anyone. But what we did a few years back was just look up glasswares warehouses in the yellow pages. We called around got quotes and then chose which ever place had the best deals. The prices were much cheaper that way.

We started a trend of getting engraved champaign flutes that had the soror, the year and the name of the event on them. They went over very well.

Hope that helps a little.

Leslie
Old 05-15-2001, 04:07 PM

you can go to glass warehouses or if you guys have a campus greek bookstore usually they do custom glassware too.
Old 05-15-2001, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

sigma33, check with freinds in other Greek Orgs. They may give you some leads. There should be someone in the town that can be of help also. They have suppliers who they deal with.
We have had the mugs, t-shirts ,etc. You want something that they will want to keep after the party is over.
I keep trying to tell y actives I do not want t-shirts. If they would get pre-orders, I would love to have a polo style shirt with the Fraternity name and coat of arms or letters on it so I could wear it at my shop. Hell of a way to maybe get new rushees!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 05-15-2001, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

hey all, well if your looking for some places on the net that are really good, try somethinggreek.com. they have a lot of formal favors that would be helpful. Also a company that we just started using, called Stumps. they are really good, when I was in high school we used them for like our prom favors and stuff(glasses yada yada) and my sorority just started using them last year and they are really good, with good prices and good delivery time. hope that helps.
Old 06-06-2001, 12:06 AM
Banned

Greek101.com has everything you're looking for. I guess my problem is one that isn't unique to them but every greek store. It takes a couple weeks to customize stuff like that, so send in your order early. I also got a sweatshirt I didn't ask for, so they let me keep it and sent me the one I originally purchased.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
we usually use Greek Lifestyles (or on the web at www.Greeklifestyle.com). we had a problem with them this year because we ordered late and didn't get our favors on time, but if you order like a month in advance you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 10-29-2001, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard Send a message via Skype™ to SigmaChiCard
shirt ideas

formal shirts always seem gay
i want a non-gay formal shirt that I'll actually wear, any ideas?

Visit: BackSeat SandBar & MySpace
Old 10-31-2001, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

SXCard,

Most formal shirts are a bit fruity. Most sororities forget that guys will want one too. The guys usually don't when they see it :0) lol